Kitchen Stuff Plus

HomeStars  >  Housewares in North York  >  Kitchen Stuff Plus

Reviews for Kitchen Stuff Plus

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Humiliated Experience

I bought a glass electrical kettle Oct 21 from the Woodbine/Hwy 7 store. There were 2 on the shelf, one with the box opened so I picked the other one for it would be a gift for a friend. When I got home I checked inside before I wrapped it. To my dismay, I found the kettle has been used with wipe down watermark from the inside of the glass. I would not have time to go back to the Woodbine Store so my hubby got one on his way home from the Scarborough store on Oct 23. On Oct 27 I brought the used kettle to the Woodbine store, told the cashier that someone used it before and showed her the watermark. She called the manager, Cody, who said he couldn't refund it as it was used. I said I couldn't be penalized for reporting the problem that someone used it before my purchase. He said he couldn't take my words as it might be me using it. I challenged if I didn't tell there was watermark would they know? Both the cashier and Cody couldn't the spots till I pointed them to look closely to see the watermark. If I were the one who used it, would I be that stupid to tell it was used by somebody? I would have hidden the whole fact and hoped they didn't know it was used!! I was humiliated, I said probably I shouldn't be that honest but just told I changed my mind or something and get the refund without hassle. I said if I were the one who used it why would I tell for getting a chance of having no refund. He said the used kettle was no use to them and would be garbage, and I should not buy a new one from the Scarborough store but call them and bring back the used one and exchange it. I said, there were only 2 on the shelf the day I bought it and the other box was opened and not looked new so I picked this, and if it is now garbage to him, what's the difference if I exchanged or returned it? What is their customer service when not even apologizing they have a used kettle on the shelf, or haven't checked thoroughly from the previous buyer who had used and returned it and they put it back to the shelf to sell and another purchaser bears the consequence?I had to raise my voice, as Cody then argued that I should have brought the used kettle to the Scarborough store and get an exchange. It was a bad experience. Selling a used kettle and declined to refund and implying I used it. Caused me so much time and inconvenience and emotional disturbance to go through all this crap. At the end he gave me return. He had to! I have no reason to step in this store again!

Review has 1 previous version
Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Return policy

I purchased a knife sharpner from the store in Burlington (Riocan), and noticed that was not suitable for my knife, actually destroyed the smooth blade of the knife in one try. Two days later I returned it and they told me that because it was used even once, they do not refund or give store credit. It is not possible to test the product and see how it works, so if you buy it and use it even once, it is your loss.

Sadaf Iqbal in Toronto
Sadaf Iqbal in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Products are not dishwasher safe :(

I purchased Cusineart Red Brickson dinnerware set from kitchen plus stuff. There dinnerware sets are not dishwasher safe at all. My three plates broke up after the wash from the corners and i am very disappointed with the purchase i made with kitchenstuff plus. Very sad and disappointing. They should value customers money

Debbie Essex in Mississauga
Debbie Essex in Mississauga
1 review Nobleton, ON

Why have a customer service department if they don't do anything for their customers?

I bought a number of items a couple of weeks ago. I used a combination of a credit note and then paid for the rest of it by MasterCard. When I tried to return two of the items within the proper amount of time, they would only give me a credit note back even though I was keeping enough of the items to cover the amount of the original credit note. The explanation was that " well you paid with the credit note first" ?? Isn't that what most people would do? I called customer service, and as so many people have said, all they did was say "I will send this to operations for them to put under advisement" When I told them that I will no longer shop there, they said " I'm sorry to hear that" If they are really sorry, then offer me something that will make me want to shop there again. The only way I could have got the amount refunded on the credit card, would have been to return everything, and then rebuy what I wanted to keep. WORD TO THE WISE, IF you are going to shop there, and you have a credit note, make two transactions if the total adds up to more than the amount of it.

Don't even bother with your time and money

I bought the Staub cast iron pot at which after using it once was not satisfied, and it did not meet the exceptions the associate told me it would. They wouldn't refund me and head office did nothing for me except give me the run around and waste my time. If they have such an unusual policy they should at least tell you when you're purchasing the item about their unusual policy. Customer service at the store I bought it was horrible , especially at head office. I recommend you keep your sanity and avoid this store at all costs!

Shenbi from Milton
Shenbi from Milton

TOGO Thermal Food Jar

I bought a couple of these jars to pack my kids lunch so that they can remain warm. I bought this in August to be used when school reopens in Sep. After coming home, I tested the thermal efficiency with Hot water in the jar and it turned cold in just an hour. I dried it and wiped it off completely and Went back to the store to return it and buy a better quality one as the one I had bought totally defeated the purpose. The Manager at Heartland store was very rude and lacked the least ethics of customer service. She said since I tested it with water, she considers that as used and refused to take it back. I told her that I am ready to buy a couple of Thermos instead but arrogantly kept stating teh same thing. This is not the first time that this Manager upsets the customers. she always yells at children in the store and doe not have the meaning of politeness in her dictionary. Customer Service on the whole is very very poor. What more a reason is needed to return a product when it does not serve the advertised purpose??? How else will I know unless I try it and that too with just water? The school has not yet reopened and I have not even tried food in it. But the brilliant manager does not understand that a product has to be tried to know if it works or not!!!.

Steve from Toronto
Steve from Toronto

Service

They are still selling the Cuisinart soda maker but they discontinued the cartridges for it. They mislead you and send you to Walmart or Canadian Tire for them - they don't carry it. You are stuck with a machine with no supplies. There is some recycling service (for now) but you will never get a spare cartridge. And they won't give you the recycle cartridge without the empty one even if you offer to pay full price for it.

JP Fournier from Ottawa
JP Fournier from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

online order

Online order took 4 business days to ship even though item was in stock. Placed the order sunday, didn't ship until friday (wed was a holiday). Don't order anything online unless you can wait several weeks for delivery.

Abbey  from North York
Abbey from North York
1 review North York, ON

Dreadful Customer Service

This store's idea of "customer service" is a joke. How irrational of a company to not offer a refund on defective merchandise? Considering that their stock is all from China, it is cheaply made, doesn't hold up and if it doesn't perfom as it should, don't expect a refund. Expect a hard time from the store manger, who has obviously had zero training in tact. They pay lousy and therefore they get bad people. I am so annoyed that I may never go back. A friend of mine worked there one Christmas and she said it was terrible. She said you're worked so hard for peanuts. It was an abusive environment. Stay away from them, especially the new Danforth store. Their policies and managers are ridiculous. I'm going to stick to Dollarama. Stuff is the same quality but their staff aren't so entitled and insulting.

nikki beals from North York
nikki beals from North York
1 review North York, ON

customer service

Poor customer service, I bought a 3-tier buffet plate, one of plates was cracked, I've been calling and emailing the customer service department since October 15th to just exchange it. today is October 25th and still nobody has contacted me. I will never order from this place again. I bought this for a gift for someone, and now, I won't have enough time to exchange it.. this place is just terrible..

More about Kitchen Stuff Plus

Retail stores offering housewares and home decor.
Looking for Housewares pros in North York?