Kent Ford Design Group

Landscape Architects
366 Adelaide St E, Suite 421 Toronto ON M5A 3X9
HomeStars  >  Landscape Architects in Toronto  >  Kent Ford Design Group

Reviews for Kent Ford Design Group

Excellent level of knowledge, creativity and professionalism

I own a small semi-detached property in midtown Toronto. I first selected Kent Ford Design Group over 10 years ago to totally “renovate” my front and rear yards. I’m still coming back from time to time, whether it’s to add more hardscape (I like to see various kinds of stonework) or to put in more trees, shrubs or perennials (I keep trying to increase the variety or have more of what has been working very well). I’m attracted to Kent Ford’s excellent level of knowledge, creativity and professionalism. His landscape designs have fit my needs and budget very well; I enjoy the results every day.

Landscape design

We gave Kent a picture to copy which he disregarded and came up with his own design. When we pointed this out to him, he re-drew it but began charging us for "revisions" beyond the original budget. His work was archaic , unimaginative and lacking conviction . The final design we received (we later found out from his own arborist) would never have passed city zoning. He was of course happy to provide additional "revisions" and charge us some more. This was the final straw . We fired him as we had lost all confidence in his abiltity to manage our project. To top it off, he withheld our deposit citing more "additional" costs.

Property Design Plan

We hired Kent Ford of Kent Ford Design Group Inc. to come up with a conceptual and working drawing plan for our property and we couldn't be more thrilled. His in depth attention to detail and easy manner made the design process a joy !
We were also impressed by his technical skills in sorting out grading problems and structural advise for garden structures.
I dont know who wrote the other review here but they must have the wrong Kent Ford !
We would recommend him highly !

Landscape plan

I would not recommend Kent Ford. We paid for $4000 for a landscape plan had was very poor. There were many mistakes in the plan. He did not include the slope of the land. We had to build a retaining wall which was an extra 16k. The pergola he designed did not have enough support. The screens that he designed when very expensive and he did not listen to our need. He was difficult to deal with.