Kennedy HI Fi Home Audio & Video

Electronic Retailers
4560 Hwy 7 Markham ON L3R 1M5
HomeStars  >  Electronic Retailers in Unionville  >  Kennedy HI Fi Home Audio & Video

Reviews for Kennedy HI Fi Home Audio & Video

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

Home Theatre

Firstly, I don’t understand why the people at Kennedy Hi Fi are not rated higher for their quality customer service. I first stumbled upon this place many years ago; well before HomeStars was even talked about. I was in the market for a new stereo receiver for my home theatre. Then, I had owned a really nice JVC but sadly, it had become outdated with its lack of HDMI technology.

I decided on Kennedy Hi Fi’s Pioneer Elite which I still own and use for my home theatre today. I didn’t even waste any time picking out and paying for the item. By this point I had seen so many and knew my price range and what I wanted. I’ve had no issues or problems with the receiver since. I also picked up a paradigm subwoofer to match with my speaker set. The part about this story I’ve shared with others was when I accidentally dropped $120 cash on the floor of their store while loading the sub into my vehicle. I didn’t realize until over an hour later as I retraced my steps back to Kennedy Hi Fi. When I asked Sean whether he had found $120 cash, he asks me to wait momentarily as he leaves the store counter and heads into a backroom. Sean walks out a moment later with the $120 cash!!! I couldn’t believe my eyes! You will never meet a more honest guy who could have easily pocketed the money. I am happy to finally share this story now that Homestars exists.

Fast-forwarding to this week where I returned to Kennedy Hi Fi to purchase another home theatre but in-wall/in-ceiling paradigm set up for my basement and was in awe of the quality customer service. Sean was very much on top of things. He even knew when I was calling! I received a good bundled discount and free pre-construction brackets (part of Paradigm’s promotional offer). I made a late change to my order and swapped out a center channel speaker for another more expensive one. Without even talking price, Sean gave me quite the discount on the swap. Barely any of my order was in stock but Sean had everything ready fast within 2 days.

Since my first purchase, I have been recommending Kennedy Hi Fi for years. Now, without a doubt, will continue to come to this place for all my electronic needs. You will not find a more honest person in this business, and someone who wasn’t pushing product on me like a car salesman (and like so many other electronic places that I have been to). Thank you again Sean for your help. All the best with the rest of your renovations. Finding this place was like finding a good mechanic. You always keep going back and appreciate the great service.

JSM in Toronto
JSM in Toronto

We recently purchased a full Elan system from Kennedy Hi-Fi. At first we were a bit worried about the huge leap forward in terms of technology. From day one our sales representative Jonathan Moutsias stayed positive and ensured us that we would get over the short learning curve. He was absolutely right! We now have complete control over our whole home when we are in the city or away. The installation team was polite and hard working. There were a few hiccups on the way but the team addressed them immediately. Overall the system is virtually seamless and runs like a Swiss watch. Next step is to have the team set-up a system at my business! Great experience overall will continue to recommend the team to friends and family. Thank you Kennedy Hi-Fi.

Eric
Eric
1 review Aurora, ON

Stereo Installation

I purchased a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11s and Monitor 3 Surround speakers from Kennedy Hi Fi. I got a great deal on the speakers, and was extremely happy with the transaction.

I also had my stereo installed by Kennedy Hi Fi, and although it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped, the owner, Markus, made every effort to make it right and to make sure I was fully satisfied in the end.

Review has 1 previous version
Nicole in Toronto
Nicole in Toronto

AV set up

Our search for a better AV set up actually did not start with Kennedy Hi-Fi. It was another AV place who helped us select a blue sound system, a projection system and screen, a 4k television and a couple of other bits. The reason it didn't end there came down to a total lack of willingness to negotiate topped off by an arrogant salesman. So, we voted with our feet and left.
After a thorough reading of reviews, we headed to Kennedy Hi Fi and we are very, very glad we did. After explaining how we ended up at Kennedy, we were treated superlatively, well-educated without being demeaned and we were able to get everything we wanted and more, for less.
Now, no true great customer experience is without its hiccups. As a matter of fact, it is the hiccups that prove the quality of the service. Ours was no exception...our house is difficult to deal for sure, no basement, no attic less than ideal wireless sometimes and really spread out. So they had their challenges. But here's the thing...they handled all the problems so well, were very willing to return and fix any issues as the system tried to figure out how to shake hands with all the pieces and ultimately, when a couple of pieces didn't fit as well as they had expected, they upgraded them at no cost to us.
I can't say enough how pleased we are with all their efforts, their pricing and their attention to service. They will be our go to AV guys from now on and we do not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family.

Do yourself a favour...go there first. You won't regret it. Thank you to all the guys and to Marcus for the final fix. Brava

Puneet Bakshi from Mississauga
Puneet Bakshi from Mississauga

Home Automation Project

I was looking to automate features in my home including the lights, media, alarm system, thermostats, blinds, etc. and mount some TVs and sound equipment. I spoke with a number of the other vendors on this site and even got quotes from some of them. I finally settled on Kennedy Hi-Fi for a number of reasons:

1) The owner Markus came to quote the project himself. He was very friendly and knew his stuff. I had heard a lot about ELAN for home automation and even had a doorbell controller from the previous owner which Markus indicated we could re-use, where others had told me needed to be scrapped.
2) Where other had come by and talked about having to re-wire the house and start from scratch, Markus recognized that the builder had put in some cables that they could build upon. He estimated 4 hours to figure out the existing system and equipment in place which was far less than anyone else.
3) At no point did Markus try to sell me over-priced expensive items including TVs, networking equipment, amplifiers, etc. He always told me that if I can source it for a better price, to go ahead and do that.

I really got a sense of trust and comfort from Markus that I was making the right investment.

Markus sent a team of guys over to do the install. It took a few days and everything was up and going. There were a couple of hiccups along the way with some of the equipment but I was not charged for any extra time it took as a result of these issues.

In the end, I am very satisfied with the service. My system is up and going exactly as I had imagined and we even managed to come in a little under budget from a labor perspective. I would absolutely recommend Markus and the team at Kennedy Hi-Fi for all of your home automation needs.