HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  Keating Roofing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Keating Roofing

ivan in Guelph

These guys were just great! On time, honest, top quality work with crystal clear communication from the first call right up until it was time to register the transferable warranty.
Once your crews left my home, the property was cleaner (significantly) than when you first arrived.
I would highly recommend Keating Roofing & Exteriors and their consultant Vlad.
Thank you guys for delivering exactly what was promised and more.
I will happily refer you to my family and friends.

Mark in Toronto

Keating Roofing & Exterior Contractors representative Vlad Blazanin was extremely knowledgeable, cordial and professional when explaining all the benefits of selecting experienced contractor Keating Roofing to undertake our complete roof replacement job.
He patiently answered all of our many questions, prepared a very detailed quote, was immediately responsive to all emails and calls, provided references of previous projects and did his absolute best to give us a fair and competitive price.
And the Keating crew provided equally skilled and excellent service, including installing baffles and vented soffit panels around the roof perimeter for proper intake air, and ridge vents at the top for proper exhaust air. They were also a bunch of very nice guys.
Correct ventilation was necessary in order for the project to qualify for the CertainTeed SureStart PLUS 5 Star Warranty (which is fully transferable), and which Keating registers for you on your behalf.
In addition, the aluminum work was installed professionally and the entire site was left in clean order.
Vlad took the time to make us feel comfortable and secure in knowing exactly what we were getting with Keating Roofing, and
I am completely satisfied with the quality and caliber of work of the family owned Keating company. Thank you for a great looking and properly functioning new roof.
Mark
(Etobicoke)

Review has 1 previous version
TK in Toronto

I chose Keating roofing because they were a reputable company and stood out from the crowd of the roofers in the market place. They were very eager to get the sale but once the roof was installed, the customer service was not there. I had the roof installed in the fall of 2015. The following spring I noticed water leaking out of the gutters. I performed an inspection and to my surprise the gutters were plugged up because they removed the gutter covers and did not replace them. After many calls and e-mails and excuses about being away, they came back a month later to remedy the situation.

Flip forward to August 2017 and I noticed water coming down from one side of the house. I performed a roof inspection and noticed numerous defects in the roofing. The biggest one is that the new drip edge installed did not go into the gutters and hence the water flow was between the top edge and not into the gutter. There were other defects that I documented. I addressed these to the president of the company, John and the sales rep, Vlad in an email but no reply came. I phoned the office numerous times and it was always sent to voice mail. When they finally replied a few weeks later, the excuse was that they were on holidays and/or out of the cell coverage area. The reply that I received was: “The drip edge that was installed comes only one size. Therefore doesn't cover some of the exposed areas, with that being said neither did the old shingles.” They were aware of the problem but failed to fix it during the roof installation. They never addressed any of the other issues that I pointed out to them. They provide a warranty but there is no action here. No call back to discuss. I had to hire another contractor to fix the problem.

Other things that happened on this project is that they removed copper flashing and replaced it with an inferior metal without notifying me. Misaligning the tv antenna which needed to be fixed.

If you are considering engaging Keating roofing to perform your job, I would recommend hiring a third party person to perform the inspection once the job is finished. The cost would probably be approximately $500 but it is a small amount to ensure that the job is done correctly.

Marion in Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

We discovered a leak in our roof which required immediate attention. Keating's polite and knowledgeable Vlad arrived quickly and at the agreed upon time, prepared a detailed quote, patiently answered all our questions and then followed through with a crew that provided professional, excellent service, ending our worry.

Our ten year old roof with defective IKO shingles that were falling apart needed a full removal and replacement. After contacting and meeting with three very reputable companies for quotes, we selected Keating Roofing to do the job based on their professional presentation and thorough ability to explain exactly what needed to be done and how they would approach it. They also outlined the value of having a proper job done that could be registered by them with the shingle/roofing material manufacturer for warranty purposes. They are a CertainTeed roofing products ShingleMaster contractor. The crew was extremely careful to protect the house, plants and surrounding area, worked a section at a time to ensure the roof was always covered/protected due to adverse weather and worked efficiently. We were impressed by the crew and the care that the Keating family took to ensure the job was done right. We are very impressed with Keating and the look/quality of our new CertainTeed roof , with a 50 year guarantee. Keating filed all the paperwork with CertainTeed on our behalf.

Len in Toronto

The roof needed to be done and so we did the usual of getting 3 quotes. We picked Keating. They were professional starting with the initial contact and the quoting done by Vlad. We had an issue with the roof leaking and they came and temporarily repaired it until they could come and do the job. They gave us notice they were coming, they tarped and protected plants and flowers. They cleaned up after every day as the job took 2 days. The crew was amazing as well and their professionalism shows with the workmanship on the finished product. The final cleanup was done and no nails or debris were left. I would definately recommend them to any homeowner or business as they stuck to the contract and had a great professional attitude and the roofs look great

Verbena_MA in Etobicoke

Amazing experience from start to finish - would highly recommend. We were replacing gutters, soffits, downspouts and had a hideously ugly mudroom that needed some love. Vlad (our Sales Rep) was helpful, responsive and full of ideas on what we could do - he came by when he said he would, responded to emails and calls -- this sounds simple, but it was not our experience with many of the other companies we called for estimates. Once the work got started the installers were also great - they were hardworking, tidy and respectful (they knew that we had a baby napping, so would work strategically in areas away from the bedroom to minimize noise during naptime). Their work is meticulous and we are so happy with the quality of the final product! All in all a great experience and we would wholeheartedly recommend Keating.

Tom in

Keating did an exceptional job with both the roof and windows. Work crews were extremely courteous and professional. They completed everything as per the contract and left the work site cleaner than it had been previously.
Vlad was very knowledgable and helpful in choosing shingle types and colours and provided local references to showcase previous jobs.
Overall price was slightly higher than other quotes but the end result more than justified it.
I would recommend Keating for any of their services without reservation.

Keating did a great job with our project. They also stripped the old insulbrick siding, repaired some plywood where necessary, capped the chimneys and did an outstanding job on some decorative siding on the front of the house. Trimming the windows was 'fiddly' and it looks great. They worked well with us from picking colours, shingles, we did some carpentry, here and there, and they where patient with the timing on our project. A couple touch-up call backs were required and they returned quickly and resolved everything. Great crew, would definitely recommend

jenniferruppel in Toronto

I had some fascia come down during a winter storm and needed to have it replaced and repaired. It was a relatively small job but awkward due to the height and location and although I had other roofing companies quote the job no one ever bothered to show up to complete the repair until I called Keating. They were extremely professional and easy to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to call them again should I need anything else done.

More about Keating Roofing

Keating Roofing is a family run organization and thrives to deliver 100% customer satisfaction. With over 45 years of roofing Practice and ongoing training we are fully committed to roofing excellence.
Keating Roofing is fully insured and all of our employees are covered by workers compensation should anyone be injured while working on site. We are a full service company and are certified for all Residential and Commercial roofing applications including flat roofs, and tar and gravel. We also specialize in insulation, gutters & eavestroughs, chimney work, siding and skylights.

LET OUR FAMILY TAKE CARE OF YOURS.................