1205 Twinney Drive Unit #9 Newmarket ON L3Y

Reviews for Kayland Construction Concepts

April in Mississauga
April in Mississauga
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement finish was perfection!

What a wonderful experience we had with Kayland Construction from start to finish! Dino came highly recommended to us from a friend who had recently had her basement finished. Dino's was one of several quotes we received. His was neither the least nor the most expensive. What sold it for us was Dino's attention to detail, flexibility, thoroughness, and his extensive knowledge about home construction that far surpassed the other contractors with whom we met and asked questions of.

Dino and Scott's services exceeded our expectations in so many ways. Most notable are: how spotless and tidy they kept the basement at the end of each and every work day; how they treated our home like their own (taking off their shoes, laying drop sheets from the front door to the basement); making their taper and sander return MULTIPLE times to fix imperfections that didn't meet their standards; their high quality of workmanship; and how they never cut corners on any task.

Our interactions were always collaborative, where Dino and/or Scott would provide suggestions and ideas and we could easily bounce ideas off of each other before making final decisions. Above all, they earned our trust. We knew that Dino would never sway us one way or another to make a quick buck.

The end result is a finished basement of my family's dreams. I am already looking to hire Dino again to renovate my powder room!

Thank you April! We are so happy to hear that you and the family are well and enjoying your new basement space! It was a pleasure to work for you and your family and I am excited to hear of your future plans for your powder room!

Best wishes,
Dino Napolitano & The Kayland Team.

StephenErwin in Richmond Hill
StephenErwin in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Full Home Renovation

My wife and I hired Kayland Construction Concepts to do a full renovation of our main and second floor. The renovation included replacing all floors with a combination of hardwoor and tile, replacing the carpeted stairs with stained maple hardwood, refacing our brick fireplace with a more classic look, replacing all trim and doors, and a new kitchen and laundry which was coordinated with Liberty Custom Cabinetry.

Dino had previously finished our full basement so he was a natural selection to do this work. We couldn't be happier with the work that he and his team (Scott and Michael) did for us. Lots of ideas for improvements as the project progressed. Great advice when we run into the usual situations that come up with a renovation. We lived in the house during the renovation and the team from Kayland where very flexible in trying to schedule work around us.

John and his installer, Shane, at Liberty were also a fantastic team. Lots of advice and fantastic service with some repairs to minor damage caused by another sub-contractor.

Barb and I were very happy with choosing the Kayland team and would happily work with them again.

Hi Steve and Barb,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you once again for entrusting us with another major renovation project. We had a wonderful experience about nine years ago… And like the first time around we wanted to give you exactly what you and Barb envisioned. The place looks amazing and we are very pleased to be a part of making it a reality. All the best to you and your family.

sclivingston1958 in Newmarket
sclivingston1958 in Newmarket
0 reviews King City, ON

2nd Floor Reno

Wow! Dino and team is amazing. It was a big project and the whole process was made stress free by Dino's attentiveness and follow through. They handled the project and kept us up to date at all times. Dino was also able to create design solutions as the project progressed. We are delighted and have surprised family and friends with our story that Kayland Construction Concepts provided what we wanted and still gave us more. We are looking forward to working with them again.

Dear Charlotte and George,

We had a great time working on your project… It was truly a pleasure working in your home each day. I love the way it turned out the place looks amazing and sleek... Wishing you both all the best with many years of Joy & Happiness!

patricia_trotti_
patricia_trotti_
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement renovation

A special thanks to The Kayland Team for their outstanding work on my basement renovation. They surpassed my expectations with complete professionalism, diligence and time management. Their attention to detail was spot on and I am super excited with the end result. My basement looks amazing.. thanks again!

Patricia, thank you so much for the opportunity and for your wonderful review. We are very pleased on how the project turned out. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use of the space. Wishing you and your family all the best.

PK
PK
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Very Disappointing

When we hired Kayland Construction to completely finish our basement we thought we hired a company that took care of its customers and respected their warranty. Unfortunately, we found the opposite to be true. Dino, the owner, was disrespectful in our home and extremely combative and temperamental after he made so many mistakes and did not honour his warranty.
A little over a year ago after Dino had just installed some floors I contacted him and asked if he could take a look at a couple of deficiencies that I had noticed just after they left. He messaged me that he would be there in a week. 13 months later, I am still waiting...I was extremely patient and sent him a text this past February asking him when we might expect him. This time not even the courtesy of a response. He claims to give a 2 year warranty for his customers but he doesn't even come back after less than 1 year. This does not surprise me after all the problems we had with this contractor.

There were several mistakes made. More than we expected but we know in a larger project like this that some mistakes can be expected. This was not our concern. Our concern was how he reacted every time they made a mistake. As an example part of our agreement was to install an Oak staircase. A floor to ceiling support post stood right beside the staircase and Dino suggested we dress it up effectively making it a Banister and then adding pickets to give it a more complete look. He told us many times the pickets would line up straight with the Banister (like any staircase). Despite his inflated price we agreed to this. A good idea, if only they were able to execute it. When the staircase was installed my wife correctly noticed it was about 6- 8 inches to narrow and there was no way you could line up the pickets as the steps ended before the post. Dino, became very frustrated as he realized the error that was made but instead of apologizing and dealing with it he became argumentative and after speaking to his staircase installer, told me I would have to give him an extra $700 for them to remove the flawed staircase and build another one properly. I told him I wasn't paying extra for his mistakes. He replied harshly, " I knew you would say that". Then completely out of the blue he yelled out " There goes my profit". We could not believe how unprofessional he was behaving. As always, in the end he said he said Ok, I'll replace it, but we did not want any more drama so we told him to leave the staircase the way it was. Saving him the cost of removing this staircase and rebuilding a new one properly. As a matter of fact the incomplete flawed staircase we accepted was not installed straight. One of the permanent mistakes we had to settle for.
Any good Professional contractor will tell you that you don't go back to the customer and ask for more money when you make a mistake. This happened several times and we just were tired of his antics and the constant stress he created in our home.

The absolute worst experience we had was with Kayland was the terrible drywall workers he contracts. I will do Dino a Big favour here - at least for this review and not provide details as to why these people were not allowed back into my house. I should have kicked Dino out as well for allowing people like this into my home where my wife worked alone. Absolutely unacceptable.

Finally, I wanted to end on a positive note. Scott is Dino's main worker, his Project Manager. A very good worker and an absolute pleasure to have in our home. Dino could learn from Scott on how to be professional and respectful in clients homes.

Perry,

There is always two sides to a story… I’m not surprised that you did exactly what you threatened to do from the beginning of this project. Threatening to post a bad review to gain advantages over a contract agreement is what we refer to as a Bully client. Besides, poaching my lead hand into coming to do additional work after hours shows what type of client we were up against. This kind of stuff I can deal with… however, the disrespectful act of you stepping forward towards me while shouting and pointing your finger in my face, was insulting and embarrassing to witness, especially in front of your wife & my tile installer. Never, in my 27 year career have I experienced the drama you added to our conversations. This to me is unacceptable and made us uncomfortable to continue to work in your home. However, we did continue to work every day professionally and respectfully, as you knew we would, until the project was complete.

I’m not here to dispute the fact that there were a couple setbacks as there can be on all projects. But, when there is… we always assess the issues, plan a solution with client, then execute as planned and that we did.
As for the warranty, We had the manufacturer provide us with some new flooring due to defective product. We came back to honor our warranty and worked for 2 full days, replaced all flooring areas of concern, reinstalled base boards, repainted them and left the place spotless.

I’ve worked so very hard to build this company up to what it is today. It’s built on Honesty, Trust & Integrity, We are always working above and beyond to ensure our clients are happy and satisfied. It’s unfortunate that sometimes no matter how much you do there is no pleasing some. That I can accept…
however a personal attack on my Honesty, Trust & Integrity I will NOT.

Erik in Toronto
Erik in Toronto
1 review Sharon, ON

Kitchen refresh

Such a pleasure to work with professionals. They Kayland team did a great job of setting expectations. They delivered the project on time, on budget, with accurate communication. Great experience and results.

Erik, Thanks so much for the company review! we are happy knowing that you had a great experience.
We look forward to being of service to you and your family in the future.

M. Dunham in Aurora
M. Dunham in Aurora
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Finished Basement

We can't say enough good things about Dino and company... we are so happy that we hired Kayland for our basement project. From our initial meeting to the final day of work, Dino, Scott, Joey, and all the tradespeople were fantastic to work with. They were always happy to answer all of our questions, and easily accommodated any changes to the original plan (like asking day one to entirely change the basement access and build a new run of stairs!). The job was finished on time, at the agreed upon cost, and at the highest level of workmanship. It is easy to see why Dino waits for his trusted trades because both they and his employees do excellent work. Their dedication to customer satisfaction is clearly evident.

We would not hesitate to recommend Dino and Kayland Construction Concepts to friends and family.

Thanks so much for your kind words Mark. We really enjoyed this project and love the way it turned out! We wish you and your family all the best and trust that you will enjoy your new basement space for many years to come. We look forward to being of service to you in the future... perhaps a new kitchen! ;-)

Ken Truong from Markham
Ken Truong from Markham

Bathroom remodel

We love our bathroom remodel, Not only did Dino listen to what we wanted, he provided us with ideas that we didn't think of ourselves. The project cost was reasonable and we weren't surprised at the end by any unexpected charges. Dino and his team were hardworking, courteous, and always professional. The project was done on schedule and the workmanship was fantastic. I would highly recommend Kayland Construction Concepts.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for these kind words. We are delighted knowing that you love your new bathroom and shower... it looks great!

Hope to be of service to you one day in the future.

Till then… Take care,

robert.gagliardi
robert.gagliardi

Bathroom renovation.

Kayland construction was a contractor that I would highly recommend. They were highly professional, punctuation, and went over and beyond their scope of work. Dino and Scott were the best trade we have encountered over the ten years of owning our home. Also I would without a doubt hire them again for our next projects.

Robert, Thank you for your review. Its nice to know that we were able to help you out with your ensuite Re-build. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to working with you again in future.

George in Thornhill
George in Thornhill
1 review Newmarket, ON

Basement Renovation

I had Dino come over and give me an estimate to completely finish my basement in my 5 year old house. Dino was one of 6 people i had come out to give me an estimate. Three of these people told me not to bother with an electrical permit as "we do everything to code, and why worry about the added expense". What a joke. Dino was clear in the fact that he was going to pull an electrical permit for the renovation and that the cost of such a permit is not expensive. When it came to the total price, Dino wasn't the cheapest nor was he the most expensive. His price came in within reason and his knowledge of the scope of work to be performed made me comfortable to give him the job. Dino and Scott started work the day they said and kept me informed every step of the way. The work area was cleaned & swept every night and that was comforting as my kids were very excited about the basement renovation and they would go downstairs every couple of nights to see how it was coming along. The final product was completed when promised and it looks and feels great. The spray foam insulation was a great choice and so far this winter it has kept the basement nice and toasty. I can rest assured that the work done behind the drywall was completed just as good as the work you can see. I would recommend Dino and Kayland Construction to anyone looking to do a home renovation project.

Hi George & Nancy,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. Its crazy to think that there are others who would perform electrical work without hiring a qualified electrical company. Im glad that your enjoying your new basement space, I look forward to one day working with you again.

More about Kayland Construction Concepts

As a proud member and certified contractor with RenoMark and The Greater Toronto Home Builders Association (BILD), we are committed to providing value and quality workmanship. As your Design Build general contractor, we have the resources and experience to complete your home renovation project on time, on budget and to ...
Looking for Basement Renovation pros in Richmond Hill?