Kaitlin Group Ltd

Kaitlin Group Ltd

Reviews for Kaitlin Group Ltd

Private User reviews Aurora, ON

New Condo

Purchased a new build condo unit 3 years ago. Absolutely no issues after closing, all minor issues were fixed as quickly as possible and the people I dealt with were very helpful. Condo is very well built and haven't experienced any problems since moving in. Would definitely purchase another home from this builder in the future.

Mike in Whitby
Mike in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

New Home Purchased

The home I purchased was what I have been dreaming of. I received great customer service and all the information I needed when I asked for it. I am purchasing another home from this builder in the area. I definitely recommended them.

Burnt in Uxbridge
Burnt in Uxbridge
0 reviews Uxbridge, ON

Past Builds

Our house was bought when it was 10 yrs. old.
Roof replaced.
Furnace replaced.
Bricks replaced.
Eavetroughs replaced.
Most windows and doors disintegrated and leaking
All duct work put in wrong and loud.
Electrical overloads.
Kitchen and bath cabinets are garbage.
Sewer gases enter through drains.
Rooms so poorly insulated we can't use them.
Cheap and poorly installed tiles.
Walls have bulges from warped, garbage studs.
Noises, bangs and thumping from mystery sources.
Concrete foundation at garage is cracked and split.
All brick courses misaligned.
Ice damming every winter.
Plumbing connections bursting.
All floors squeak and bounce.

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

Kaitlin Homes - Lakebreeze Bowmanville

Terrible builder !! This builder is dishonest and unethical, how can the Township of Bowmanville allow this builder to close a home with broken windows, no porch railings, no balcony railings, no garage doors, broken bricks all around the House, no exterior window caulking, the list goes on-and-on. They delayed closing for 2 years and extremely cheap workmanship and slopping job done. Me, the home owner has to suffer at their mercy to fix all the outstanding deficiencies. Using my electricity and my time chasing them All the time.

Never ever again!

Stay far away.

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

Bowmanville

Kaitlin Corp pretty much legally extorted me out of paying me 7500.

They sold me a home with no garage, direct access into the home from one door with no lock.
Haven't followed up on any house discrepancies since I baught it 5 months ago.

Worst home builder I have ever dealt with and I have had delt with quite a few but this is by far the worst I've delt with in Canada and USA.

They get zero stars from me for being worse than the worst I've delt with so far.

Natejardine in Toronto
Natejardine in Toronto
0 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Foundation Cracks, ceiling shoring, nent windowz, warped floorz

IMPORTANT READ for Kaitlin Corp - Lakebreeze Buyers. For anyone who has purchased a new build Kaitlin home in the Lakebreeze community be sure to do an extremely thorough PDI and 30 Day inspection.

The picture attached is a vertical crack in the foundation of our new home discovered today during our PDI. The basement windows are also being crushed due to structural issues. Matter of time until the glass chatters or the windows are pushed out. Our hardwood floors are warped and look like waves.

Wait, there's more... Our families bought two homes. The second picture attached is shoring used to prop the second home up because there is another vertical foundation crack so severe that Building Services at Town of Clarington required Kaitlin to prop our house up.

Cherry on top - despite paying for a sunken mud room and garage door entrance Kaitlin skipped this altogether.

Advice:

1) Get a home inspector
2) Don't let Kaitlin rush through your PDI 3) Bring Green Tape and mark every single defeciency
4) Document with photos
5) Don't sign the PDI if you are not satisfied
6) BEFORE YOUR 30 DAY INSPECT YOUR FOUNDATION!!

Kaitlin has (and will continue to) cut corners due to final closing dates. As a result there may be serious deficiencies.

Raj in Whitby
Raj in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

WORST BUILDER - STAY AWAY

AS other victims in here, I've made the mistake by purchasing and referring my friends/ family to this nightmare BUILDER - Nothing but money money... Worst workmen's ship A-Z - with my 1st house I had to close without a counter top and tap in the Kitchen and yes they charges me delayed closing fee of 250 per day. Recently bought a Beach house?! Where me and my friends were told all the existing old residencies would be demolished and even Kaitlin's website false advertise it as '' Water Front'' the property is far away from the water and existing residence blocks the view of the water. They had sent me 4 notices regarding the firm closing and did not notify me in regards to the Strike within time limit as per TARION schedule. Showroom Manager be careful she's a sweet talker and will try to use scare technique to get things done in favor to the builder and pretend she was doing you a favor. construction Manager - stay away from him. They first forced me to pay for walk-out basement which I never wanted and gave me 10 days or they were going to refund my deposit of 160K - when I asked to refund then they wanted to include the cost on the original price (SEE HOW THEY TRY TO MAKE MONEY) then I AGREE pay 40K for the elevator, they use the Strike for they benefit as they never had any delay with due to the strike , on PDI and till now the Elevator wasn't installed. My closing day was Sept 10th and there were several things that any person with a right mind would refused to close it as there are numerous things are SAFETY concern for the family. No Elevator and they had a room door to close it but not sealed, anyone including a kid could open and fall, no kitchen counter top, no island, construction garbage and wood piled up inside the basement, no steps from garage to the house, door handle missing on the front entrance, they really RUSHED to close the house with a false closing date and now refusing to respond to my emails/ calls and I had sent them several notices. tey had done several damages to myself and my friends/family same as I read some where here they force PPl to sign the waiver for the delayed closing when you 1 day delay to close it and plus they charge an amount of 400.00 per day. ridiculous. Service team is another disaster don't respond to the emails/calls and friend of mine who bought the 3 store- roof top Town house had a horrible experience and Kaitlin did not let the appraiser to do his job. They went inside to another property without owner's consent and ripped the floor apart , they are not accepting it and false informed the owner that they had a written consent from the owner and when requested to show proof of the email now they all went silent. if anyone looking to contact me to discuss options to file a law suit for this builder please leave a comment. THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR unacceptable and needs to be STOPPED ASAP.

Worst buidler ever!

PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY.
NOTE: If you purchased a home and the builder has not closed by the "the firm closing date", in accordance to Tarion they now owe you $7,500 and an optional moving costs of up to $2,500!

I bought a house from Kaitlin Corp in October 2016 with a closing date of June 2018. They kept pushing back the closing dates for over a year. On May 9th, 2019 I received an email from the builder advising there was an "unavoidable delay" due to a strike, so my July 8, 2019 closing date was not going to happen and the house is delayed indefinitely. On June 25th 2019 I received another email advising that the strike ended on May 15th and that the new closing date is now July 23rd (LESS THAN A MONTH'S NOTICE). Also of note is that they were aware this so call strike ended 6 weeks prior to advising me of same but gave me only 3 weeks notice of closing. With my daughter (cosigner) being out of the country for a month and not returning til August 1st, I had to now scramble to obtain a mortgage on my own. I received a mortgage on the date of closing conditional on the appraisal. When my lawyer requested a couple days extension to complete the appraisal, the builder required me to pay their lawyer's costs of $400 plus and for me to sign an acknowledgement to WAIVE THE COMPENSATION FEE of IS $7,500 WHICH THEY OWED ME FOR ALL THE DELAYS! I had no choice but to agree to this ridiculous request or lose my deposit and the house after 3 years!

James.d429 in Brantford
James.d429 in Brantford
2 reviews Brantford, ON

Great communities, well designed floor plans

Positives: High-quality home, great floor plans, modern looking developments, reasonably priced

Negative: Home was a bit dusty when received.

They do create great communities, for both living and the recreational lifestyles. Truly, well-designed floor plans, I wouldn’t change a thing in the home that I bought. I just wish that my new home would have been a little bit cleaner when received. There were some footprints on the hardwood.

T Howell
T Howell

Horrible from start to finish

Purchased a condo from this builder as my first time and this makes me wish it were my last. Deena and Sherri refuse to accept responsibly for anything I've sent numerous emails back and forth and all i got was a pathetic response saying they've noted all the issues and on their next project they will take somethings into consideration. What about all the issues right now? its a game of back and forth and miscommunication with these people everything is gravy when signing and that's where it ends. If your looking to purchase a property with no proper AC 2 months after occupancy because there is no technician available,unfinished floors,holes in your BRAND NEW unit, your appliances not installed but "set in place" however missing parts for installation and told by their reps to just "break the seal" and install it (So I can void your warranty and any flooding insurance) why was it okay for you to make it impossible to install?? no mailboxes, no parking lot everyone has to park on the road where they are ticketed and towed, living with asthma yet the site is FILLED with dust and other partials so having attacks are an everyday thing, carpet lifting at all spots in unit, paint on the floor, leaks in the hallway, toilet and tubs not even secured to the ground, mirrors crooked, everything scratched up, paint job needed, all your doors cracked and chipped and a 2 month long email trail with no solution this is the builder for you.