Kaitlin Group Ltd

Builders
1029 McNicoll Ave, Suite 205 Toronto ON M1W 3W6
HomeStars  >  Builders in Noth York  >  Kaitlin Group Ltd

Reviews for Kaitlin Group Ltd

Since when is extortion legal.

Bought a Kaitlin home in Bowmanville in May of 2016. Nothing has been started yet. Had to pay huge markups on upgrades. This week we were told we had to pay 20 grand for a deck we don't want or they will cancel our contract. They have given us 10 days to come up with the money. Don't know what we are going to do. They probably want us to cancel contract so they can sell at a higher price. I feel they are being very underhanded.

1 review Whitby, ON

Bowmanville New Build

Our experience with Kaitlin Corp was very poor from start to finish. Salespeople were mad that I actually wanted to read the terms of the agreement. The person we dealt with for upgrades was rude and unprofessional, and refused to allow us to see any pricing sheet.bwe we're fairly certain that upgrade costs were made up based on how badly she felt we wanted the upgrade.
When upgrades were missed during construction, only a fraction of the upgrade cost was offered to accept the house without the upgrade.
Finishing touches such as paint, stain and trim we're terribly done. The builder scheduled contractors to return, but they almost always wouldn't show up. No apologies, remorse or offers to pay for lost wages from taking the day off.
This may be their strategy since many on the street got so fed up that we just decided to stop trying andade repairs ourselves.
Their customer service is the worst that I have experienced in any facet of life.
I recommend that before signing a purchase agreement with this builder that you visit any of their recent build sites and speak with people who have went through the new home buying process with this builder. Based on my experience I would not recommend this builder to anybody, under any circumstance.

Pete Harris in Toronto
Pete Harris in Toronto

Always passing the blame off on others

Countless issues within a brand new unit. When questioned about it always tried to pass off the blame or claim that Tarion will not look into the issues as it's irrelevant. As a first time home owner this has left a very horrible taste in my mouth with every wanted to purchase something new again.

Disappointed home owner in Sunderland
Disappointed home owner in Sunderland
1 review Sunderland, ON

HOW DID KAITLIN STAYED IN BUSINESS FOR 25 ODD YEARS???

I blame myself!! should have researched this company thoroughly!! A friend of mine was buying in the development and I followed suit! From missing upgrades to extremely poor workmanship and customer service!!! issues too numerous to mention! Every day is another day for fixing essential things like security!! The door refuses to engage this was pointed out three weeks ago... promises promises promises! who's up for creating a blog on this builder. I am compling photos to share on the finished product of an over $570K of this builder!
STAY AWAY!

a.r29 in Sunderland
a.r29 in Sunderland
1 review Sunderland, ON

Complete joke of a company and lack of consistency

This company is a complete joke. We bought a home in 2015 and it was supposed to be ready for may 2017. But due to lack of commitment we only received the house in November 2017 after numourous amounts of times it was pushed back.. Now prior to recieveing this house; we had sold our original house in May and was waiting around for the closing date for our new house (which was unlnown). We've been trying to contact the reps and their lawyers but no one would take absolutely no responsibility and contact us back. There are no communication skills and I would never buy from this company again. They will hussle you for all your money. They give you an amount for closing and the day of they will throw in an extra 15g for levies. I should've researched about this company before I bought a house from them considering how many bad reviews there are.

1 review Oshawa, ON

Terrible buying experience

Bought a Kaitlin condo in Aurora and have had nothing but problems getting any work completed. Representatives do not keep scheduled appointments and not one person will take accountability...pass the buck mentality.
How this company has been in business > 25 years is beyond my comprehension. Stay clear of this company...nothing but hassles with zero results!

Takes-so-long for everything

Moving in was a disaster. Made us sign a document that we wouldn't go to Tarion or they wouldn't let us in our home. It's been 2 years we still don't have Grass or a backyard.

kramsay36 in Oshawa
kramsay36 in Oshawa

more and more problems, I've already listed a few earlier

So we have had nothing but problem after problem with this builder. We purchased the home 3 years ago and have lived in it for just over a year and a half now. 14 months ago we noticed every time it rained water would pool at a corner of our house above the waterproofing membrane. The backyard has been flooded since then and does not dry out. We have sent countless emails to the useless customer service reps that tell you everything you want to hear. Fast forward 14 months to when someone finally comes to fix the issue and this might be a surprise but the problem was only made worse. They placed maybe a shovel full of dirt in the 3x4ft wide pool thats at the corner of our house and maybe about 7-10 inches deep, and then placed new sod on top and we were told it was fixed. Thank god it rained 2 hours after they left because the pooling was only made worse. This has been two weeks now that we have been trying to get them to come back and fix it and we get told someones coming this week then no one shows up. Then we are told it may take 2-3 weeks for someone to come back and now we are at the point of we will try to have this fixed this season. Company is a joke, they have their money now so what do they care. If your looking to buy a house stay away from these clowns unless you enjoy having a headache and problem after problem. Do yourself a favor stay as far away as possible

Dean in Hamilton
Dean in Hamilton
1 review Bowmanville, ON

New home build

Terrible company to deal with. From a very sour older lady to buy our upgrades from to a delay on possession to some very poor workmanship. Having issues now with a very difficult very sarcastic customer service representative. Hassle all the way through this process. Poor customer service. Disgusting actually. Last house purchased from kaitlyn corporation

1 review Oshawa, ON

complete joke of a company

This has been the worst company and builder I have ever had to deal with. problems from missing upgrades to shower leaks and a rough in bathroom in the basement and everything else in between. Bathroom rough in was installed right beside the furnace and hot water tank which is fine but when we took a second look the clearance between the furnace and where the walls of the bathroom would be gave us a 12" hallway down the middle of our basement. After arguing with these people to have this fixed they finally came into fix it. The site super was extremely unprofessional in the way he spoke to me and my wife with his swearing and cursing. The furnace and hot water tank were in the wrong place but of course Kaitlin being the cheap builder that they are took the easy and cheaper way out of fixing the problem. We have had issues with water pooling beside our house with the level of water rising above the water proofing membrane. We have been contacting Kaitlins customer care since April about this and now finally in December we have gotten a response saying that the problem may not be fixed now due to the weather. Upgraded carpet that has pulled up and ripped that will not be addressed by Kaitlin when we bring it up to them, basement stairs are lose and extremely un-level, a concrete block in the basement that is 3.5ft tall a foot wide and 3 ft long that sticks out into the middle of a tiny basement(the excuse for this was " this is how we pour our foundations, there is no structural support in this block"), black fence was put up infront of our house that we were never told about, it was not in any contract and we were never told about it until the day we came home from work and saw the fence in our front yard. These are just some of the problems of dealing with Kaitlin. Items that were on our PDI that were suppose to be fixed and completed by September have still not been addressed and trying to deal with Tara or Peggy in Kaitlins customer care is impossible, it takes weeks and sometimes months to get a response to a phone call or an email. If I could do this all over again I would stay as far away as possible from these people as possible. Do yourself a favour if your thinking about buying one of these homes and stay far far away its nothing but a nightmare and disapointment.