Kaitlin Group Ltd

Kaitlin Group Ltd

Reviews for Kaitlin Group Ltd

T Howell
T Howell

Horrible from start to finish

Purchased a condo from this builder as my first time and this makes me wish it were my last. Deena and Sherri refuse to accept responsibly for anything I've sent numerous emails back and forth and all i got was a pathetic response saying they've noted all the issues and on their next project they will take somethings into consideration. What about all the issues right now? its a game of back and forth and miscommunication with these people everything is gravy when signing and that's where it ends. If your looking to purchase a property with no proper AC 2 months after occupancy because there is no technician available,unfinished floors,holes in your BRAND NEW unit, your appliances not installed but "set in place" however missing parts for installation and told by their reps to just "break the seal" and install it (So I can void your warranty and any flooding insurance) why was it okay for you to make it impossible to install?? no mailboxes, no parking lot everyone has to park on the road where they are ticketed and towed, living with asthma yet the site is FILLED with dust and other partials so having attacks are an everyday thing, carpet lifting at all spots in unit, paint on the floor, leaks in the hallway, toilet and tubs not even secured to the ground, mirrors crooked, everything scratched up, paint job needed, all your doors cracked and chipped and a 2 month long email trail with no solution this is the builder for you.

Since when is extortion legal.

Bought a Kaitlin home in Bowmanville in May of 2016. Nothing has been started yet. Had to pay huge markups on upgrades. This week we were told we had to pay 20 grand for a deck we don't want or they will cancel our contract. They have given us 10 days to come up with the money. Don't know what we are going to do. They probably want us to cancel contract so they can sell at a higher price. I feel they are being very underhanded.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Bowmanville New Build

Our experience with Kaitlin Corp was very poor from start to finish. Salespeople were mad that I actually wanted to read the terms of the agreement. The person we dealt with for upgrades was rude and unprofessional, and refused to allow us to see any pricing sheet.bwe we're fairly certain that upgrade costs were made up based on how badly she felt we wanted the upgrade.
When upgrades were missed during construction, only a fraction of the upgrade cost was offered to accept the house without the upgrade.
Finishing touches such as paint, stain and trim we're terribly done. The builder scheduled contractors to return, but they almost always wouldn't show up. No apologies, remorse or offers to pay for lost wages from taking the day off.
This may be their strategy since many on the street got so fed up that we just decided to stop trying andade repairs ourselves.
Their customer service is the worst that I have experienced in any facet of life.
I recommend that before signing a purchase agreement with this builder that you visit any of their recent build sites and speak with people who have went through the new home buying process with this builder. Based on my experience I would not recommend this builder to anybody, under any circumstance.

Pete Harris in Toronto
Pete Harris in Toronto

Always passing the blame off on others

Countless issues within a brand new unit. When questioned about it always tried to pass off the blame or claim that Tarion will not look into the issues as it's irrelevant. As a first time home owner this has left a very horrible taste in my mouth with every wanted to purchase something new again.

Disappointed home owner in Sunderland
Disappointed home owner in Sunderland
1 review Sunderland, ON

HOW DID KAITLIN STAYED IN BUSINESS FOR 25 ODD YEARS???

I blame myself!! should have researched this company thoroughly!! A friend of mine was buying in the development and I followed suit! From missing upgrades to extremely poor workmanship and customer service!!! issues too numerous to mention! Every day is another day for fixing essential things like security!! The door refuses to engage this was pointed out three weeks ago... promises promises promises! who's up for creating a blog on this builder. I am compling photos to share on the finished product of an over $570K of this builder!
STAY AWAY!

a.r29 in Sunderland
a.r29 in Sunderland
1 review Sunderland, ON

Complete joke of a company and lack of consistency

This company is a complete joke. We bought a home in 2015 and it was supposed to be ready for may 2017. But due to lack of commitment we only received the house in November 2017 after numourous amounts of times it was pushed back.. Now prior to recieveing this house; we had sold our original house in May and was waiting around for the closing date for our new house (which was unlnown). We've been trying to contact the reps and their lawyers but no one would take absolutely no responsibility and contact us back. There are no communication skills and I would never buy from this company again. They will hussle you for all your money. They give you an amount for closing and the day of they will throw in an extra 15g for levies. I should've researched about this company before I bought a house from them considering how many bad reviews there are.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Terrible buying experience

Bought a Kaitlin condo in Aurora and have had nothing but problems getting any work completed. Representatives do not keep scheduled appointments and not one person will take accountability...pass the buck mentality.
How this company has been in business > 25 years is beyond my comprehension. Stay clear of this company...nothing but hassles with zero results!

kramsay36 in Oshawa
kramsay36 in Oshawa

more and more problems, I've already listed a few earlier

So we have had nothing but problem after problem with this builder. We purchased the home 3 years ago and have lived in it for just over a year and a half now. 14 months ago we noticed every time it rained water would pool at a corner of our house above the waterproofing membrane. The backyard has been flooded since then and does not dry out. We have sent countless emails to the useless customer service reps that tell you everything you want to hear. Fast forward 14 months to when someone finally comes to fix the issue and this might be a surprise but the problem was only made worse. They placed maybe a shovel full of dirt in the 3x4ft wide pool thats at the corner of our house and maybe about 7-10 inches deep, and then placed new sod on top and we were told it was fixed. Thank god it rained 2 hours after they left because the pooling was only made worse. This has been two weeks now that we have been trying to get them to come back and fix it and we get told someones coming this week then no one shows up. Then we are told it may take 2-3 weeks for someone to come back and now we are at the point of we will try to have this fixed this season. Company is a joke, they have their money now so what do they care. If your looking to buy a house stay away from these clowns unless you enjoy having a headache and problem after problem. Do yourself a favor stay as far away as possible

Dean in Hamilton
Dean in Hamilton
1 review Bowmanville, ON

New home build

Terrible company to deal with. From a very sour older lady to buy our upgrades from to a delay on possession to some very poor workmanship. Having issues now with a very difficult very sarcastic customer service representative. Hassle all the way through this process. Poor customer service. Disgusting actually. Last house purchased from kaitlyn corporation