Just Basements

Krystina in Trenton
Krystina in Trenton
1 review Quinte West, ON

Basement Reno

From start to finish, Reiner and his team were great to deal with. Reiner did an initial walkthrough and determined what we wanted. He then took measurements and returned with a digital layout of what the basement would look like. It was very nice to see what the basement would look like in 3D, as if you were standing in it. At no time did we feel pressured or concerned.

We were very glad for Reiner's input and suggestions. It is very obvious that he knows what he is doing and how to accomplish it. Reiner has a very good eye for detail and added creative touches that I have not seen in any other basement reno. Without divulging too many of his secrets, we were very concerned about the cat's litter area (smell) and he came up with an ingenious idea that fixed that.

Reiner's crew is very good at what they do. They were considerate, efficient and very organized. I am probably harder to deal with than the average person and they were very accommodating when I stuck my nose in their business. Jon built my custom built-in TV unit/cabinetry by hand, from scratch, exactly to Reiner's design. I could not find a single flaw and they charged half what others quoted me. His guys even helped me remove a staircase to bring a couch in. I didn't ask, they offered.

My reno included a movie theatre, custom bar, gym, and storage area. Reiner took care of all the permits and inspections, all I had to do was pay and drop off the plans, which was very easy. The job was completed on time and at the cost agreed upon. The cost may seem high but it reflects the finishes we chose, including a $6000 piece of white granite my wife "needed." I will begrudgingly admit it is the focal point of the basement.

When people walk in to our basement, their immediate reaction is always WOW! It is now our favourite part of the house. If this is what you are looking for...Call Reiner and Just Basements.

Thank you so much for the nice words and review. We packed a whole lot into that basement without making it feel small. I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying the space. I don't know why the review is from Krystina in "Trenton" when your basement is in Whitby and we don't service Trenton, but I really appreciate that you took the time to write us a review. All the best.....Reiner

1 review Whitby, ON

On-time on-budget fantastic result!

Every step of the way the Just Basements crew was professional, responsive, and full of good ideas. The only problem is that the basement is now nicer than the rest of my house!

During the build everything was kept orderly and neat. You almost wouldn't know it was a worksite between the days. In the end I was left with an amazing new space to relax in while being 100% assured of the quality workmanship and materials that went into the job.

Bottom-line if you want it done right and you want it to look great, these guys should be your first choice.

Thank you for writing us a review. It's always nice to get feedback that affirms that we are quality oriented, and really do our best to respect customer's homes, and give them a great finished space to enjoy with their family and friends.

Bduffy in Lindsay
Bduffy in Lindsay
1 review Oshawa, ON

Finished basesment

Excellent workmanship, trades persons all professional. On budget and highly recommend this company. Provided the appropriate drawings for permits and handled all the inspections. Like the fact that he had signs for trades people to follow.

JDS in Whitby
JDS in Whitby

Complete Basement Renovation

Just Basements was the forth and last contractor I screened prior to this extensive project.

From the point when he presented the "Project Proposal" I knew I was dealing with a pro... and I wasn't disappointed.

Reiner is an above board business operator and his staff were just great.

What impressed me during the project was the cleanliness that they left at the end of each day.

We love our basement - finished entertainment area, laundry room, three piece bathroom, and a lot of storage.

Great job... hire Just Basements confidently.

Candace Drover from Bowmanville
Candace Drover from Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Finish Basement

Just Basements finished our basement for us. The quality and design that they did is just amazing. The crew is very friendly and they explained why they were doing what they were doing every step of the way. We are extremely happy with the finished product and have received nothing but amazing feedback from friends and family. They all want their basements done now.

brian mclellan  from Whitby
brian mclellan from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Basement gut and renovation

We have a 40 year old raised bungalow. We had Just Basements gut the entire basement, replace a supporting wall with a steel beam, spray foam insulate, install a full bathroom with shower and finish all drywall, paint and carpet. We used another HVAC contractor to relocate and replace the ductwork and furnace. Reiner was very good to deal with from the beginning quote to the final payment. He is exceptionally well organized throughout the process. His quotation was itemized in detail and reasonable. He provided oversight of all work and used licenced trades as well as a civil engineer for all structural redesign. Reiner integrated with HVAC contractor of our choosing. All unexpected conditions discovered were addressed with effective and fairly priced solutions. Reiners employees Glen, John and George demonstrated the highest levels of workmanship and customer attention I have encountered. Building permit inspections were more like a social occasion as his reputation for doing the job right is well known. If you want the job done right from the ground up with quality finishes then Just Basements will deliver.

Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your job was definitely one with some "special" challenges to address along the way, but the end product turned out great. I'm sure you'll get some great use out of this new and open space.

Chris in Oshawa
Chris in Oshawa
8 reviews Oshawa, ON

A Complete Basement Transformation

I found Just Basements and Reiner Ehlers through Home Stars and, coincidentally, had heard good reviews from a few work colleagues. After evaluating quotes from six other contractors in the Durham Region, Reiner Ehlers took our basement vision and contributed valuable ideas to ensure we made the best use of the space available on the ground and overhead: Reiner was the only contractor to suggest realigning the ductwork (HVAC) to improve headspace and one of the few contractors to provide a line-by-line, item-by-item quote. When I met with other contractors, they appeared to be listening but returned with floor plans that required multiple revisions to meet my preferences or quotes that were too general (i.e. a hundred dollars here, a thousand dollars there). Reiner’s cost was slightly higher than others, but it wasn’t unreasonable: you’re paying for a professional, well-established and knowledgeable contractor and crew to produce a quality product. “You get what you pay for,” and in this case you won’t be disappointed. Reiner is also very fair in his charges -- in our case, Reiner had to build an extra decorative column (to hide an exposed support pole) and didn't charge for it since he underestimated in the original quote. During construction, a few unexpected surprises were exposed: our gas line needed to be enlarged, water heater vent fixed, the electrical box expanded and bib of an external water pipe raised. Reiner took care of it, no problem! There were a few delays, but none that Reiner could have forecasted: custom material (e.g. French doors and custom carpet for the basement stairs) were delayed in transport. After three months of construction, Reiner's crew built a professional, high quality living and recreational space which includes a home gym, a sewing/craft area for my wife, a kids’ play area and finished hiding space under the stairs, an open TV/family room, and unfinished storage and furnace rooms. With our basement now the crown jewel of our home, my wife and I are eager to refinish our main floor. Reiner does not only build "just basements", he also does custom cabinets and built-ins. So, when our renovation fund has been replenished, we’ll likely call Reiner to finish our reading and dining rooms.

Chris,
Thanks for the review. Your house was typical of what we find on most projects where builder or contractors have done sub standard, partially / poorly finished or even unsafe work. We've found everything from major gas leaks to venting pumping carbon monoxide into people's homes. I just can't turn a blind eye to that. I would rather fix it at cost, or if simple, fix it for free.
I'm glad that we were able to work with you on this project and that you are enjoying the space.
Thanks again,
Reiner

Peter from Whitby
Peter from Whitby

Finished Basement

From quote to clean up Reiner and his team did an excellent job. They came in on time and on budget. He did not over sell things that were not needed and provided valuable tips like moving ducts instead of taking the easy way out which in the end would have made the final product not as enjoyable as it is today. Our family spends much of our time in this great new space.

Ulrich in Markham
Ulrich in Markham

Complete Basement Renovation

After extensively researching and having interviewed several potential contractors to finish my basement, I was drawn to the fact that Reiner provided detailed plans for any project he does. I had him view my basement and he was the first contractor that did not push me to change anything of my plans and the only one that agreed to modify existing ductwork to make it less intrusive. He gave me a detailed breakdown and quote for the project on his first visit.

Once the project got going, work proceeded swiftly and Jon, George and Glen did excellent work with demolition (the basement had one finished room) and construction. In fact, all people involved did extremely good work. I would especially like to thank John Young for his exceptional work in the bathroom: a work of art he can be proud of!

We did not set a project completion date, since my main concern was with getting it done right. Although the project dragged on a bit, most timing related issues were due to material that I provided and could not get in time. Nevertheless, the end result was worth the wait and I have gotten compliments from everyone I have shown the space to.

Everything was finished within budget, with no surprises.

I highly recommend Just Basements for any job, large or small. You won't be disappointed.

Mark from Whitby
Mark from Whitby

Finsihing Basement

We were very impressed with the job Reiner and his team from just basements finishing our basement. The quality and detail were most impressive. We could have gone with another company for less money but are very glad we didn't. Would recommend to anyone.

More about Just Basements

Let Just Basements make that dumping ground into an awesome beautiful functional space for your family to enjoy. Click the "show more galleries" option to browse our multiple project picture files to help you visualize what may be your future basement. You will note in our pictures that we don't ...