HomeStars  >  Insulation in Pickering  >  Juffs Roofing Ltd

Reviews for Juffs Roofing Ltd

Steve from Toronto
Steve from Toronto

We wanted to do the roof once and not deal with it again. That meant looking for high quality materials and someone who's going to put quality first. After looking at a number of contractors, we went with Juffs and we're glad we did. They were expensive, but are properly trained, able to fit our schedule and offer a warranty that doesn't lose value over time.

The job was done efficiently and clean up was fantastic. The crew were friendly and easy to deal with. We also had some unusual aspects to the roof that they were able to deal with without trouble.

Steve and his team did a great job just like they promised. I feel we made a good investment in a very important part of the house. We also took the opportunity to improve insulation and ventilation in the attic, so we look forward to a warmer winter under the new roof. Thanks Juffs!

John from Thornhill
John from Thornhill
1 review Thornhill, ON

Re shingling and flat roof repair

Juffs service was excellent, from estimate through to completion of the job. A thorough inspection was done to get an accurate quote, including climbing into my attic. Workers we're prompt, polite, quiet and wasted no time. Although there was a major downpour before the job was completed, no leaks occurred, as the roof was left in a waterproof state.

LAJ in Toronto
LAJ in Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

New roof and ventilation

We thought it was a good job at the time, but we are not happy with the follow up of issues that have come up.

In July 2012 we got a new roof installed. We bought a 1 1/2 story house and the top floor was very hot. Juffs recommended putting in baffles to increase the ventilation through the cathedral part of the roof. This worked to some extent, and the top floor is now cooler in the summer. However, now we have ice damming!

We discussed the insulation in the knee-walls at the time of the original job. I had a concern that if we vent the knee-walls that this could let cold air into the house and cause problems if there were insulation gaps. Juffs said that we had sufficient insulation and this would not be a problem. But it is!

I sent Steve Meltz an email with photos of the ice damming last winter (Dec 2012) and he said he would be in touch and "This shouldn't damage the new roof". Well, I never heard back from him. I called and left voice mails and emails, but nothing.

Now with winter of 2013 approaching, we have to deal with the insulation problem. We will be looking for a different contractor to do the insulation.

J from Toronto
J from Toronto

Roof replacement

We would like to thank Juff's for fixing our roof and providing a total integrated solution. Though our old roof was only 9 years old, due to poor ventilation, the entire roof needed to be replaced. We had many quotes from various contractors and though Juff's was certainly not the cheapest, we chose Juff's because:
1) Steve spent time to explain our problem and was the only one who eased our concerns and answered all our questions to our satisfaction.
2) We were willing to invest in the additional work if it meant it would solve our roof problems.
3) Provided an integrated solution which included fixing the ventilation (the source of the problem), replacing the plywood, shingles, sealed the areas of air leakage and topped up the insulation.
4) Provided a comprehensive warranty which was also backed by the manufacturer.
In addition to this, Juff's crew was always courteous and took time to explain their progress on the roof. The distributor had sent the wrong vent which caused about a week delay however Juff's came to install the ventilation as soon as it arrived. We are very happy with the job and we would not hesitate to refer Juff's in the future.

Oliver from Toronto
Oliver from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Juffs roofing toronto came up with cost effective solutions to fix a water flow problem for our flat roof. They also re-shingled our sloped roof. The team was friendly, straight forward, and did a good job cleaning up afterwards. Just wish they were available sooner, but it ended up worth the wait.

Peter Christoffersen from Toronto
Peter Christoffersen from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

New Roof

We had our roof completely redone by Juff's last year. We were extremely impressed before, during and after the work was done. Steve, who quoted on the job, was the only sales rep who actually climbed into our attic to check on insulation and ventilation, etc., beforehand. Shane, who was the foreman on the job, kept the mess to a minimum and made sure everyone was working a full steam to get the job done on time. After the work was completed Steve came back several times to make sure everything was done correctly. When we found the new attic ventilation was a bit too noisy in our bedroom Steve replaced the vent with a silent model at no extra charge. We recommend Juff's to anybody having work done on their roof. No hesitations. You will sleep well at night--figuratively and literally.

VJ in Scarborough
VJ in Scarborough

Roofing, insulation, siding, eaves and skylight

Juffs Roofing Ltd
416-467-4883
5000 Yonge Street - Suite 1901
Toronto
M2N

From the start Shay was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. I had 4-5 other contractors give estimates (including high-rated Homestars ones), many didn't even climb up on the roof or meet me in person, just left a quote in the mailbox. They didn't even ask about the leaks in the winter or the significant attic mold. Shay spent almost 2 hours with me explaining what needed to be done, what I wanted and what was in the budget.

The price was comparable to some of the quotes I received, and it is not cheap but I wanted to go through the trouble of changing the roof only once and Shay presented a reliable company. I contacted them after a frustrating summer of 2012 meeting various contractors and they began work in December 2012 and worked in the cold weather to complete it before New Years. The 3 most impressive things were:
1. Shay and his dealing with clients.
2. Juff's ability to co-ordinate such a big job and complete it within 2 weeks (removing old insulation and spraying new insulation, changing the plywood on the entire roof, eaves troughs, new siding, skylight, roofing and ensuring the ventilation in adequate, shutters).
3. The limited disruption to our daily life and the neighbours.

We noticed the upper floor was warmer and the drafts were virtually gone as the work was nearing completion and the house looked much better, too. Also, last winter had a lot of heavy, wet snow, I know the old roof wouldn't have survived so I appreciate the work they did in December, it was well worth the money.

Juff's actually provided extra materials and work, more than in the contract, as the job was nearing completion to have everything match and make the house look better.

Overall, I am very pleased with the work that Juff's did, and they exceeded my expectations, provided reliable service and I have confidence my roof will last for years without any issue. The mold, insulation and roofing that was my main concern and everything was completed, beyond expectations.

More about Juffs Roofing Ltd

Our Philosophy is "Do it Once, Do it Right"! Roofing Contractors HELPING YOU PROTECT YOUR HOME IN THE GTA SINCE 1979! Our 30 year company history of quality workmanship and solid referrals combined with experienced and well trained roofers that offer you a timely solution oriented approach to solving all ...
Looking for Insulation pros in Pickering?