Joshua Creek Trading Furniture & Home Decor

Furniture
1029 Speers Rd Oakville ON L6L 2X5
HomeStars  >  Furniture in Oakville  >  Joshua Creek Trading Furniture & Home Decor

Reviews for Joshua Creek Trading Furniture & Home Decor

Katie in Oakville
Katie in Oakville

Custom Sectional

Samatha was amazing helping with fabric choice and configuration, as well as keeping me informed on when my sofa would arrive. Jim went above and beyond making sure I would have no problems with fit or delivery in a small apartment. As it turned out I wouldn’t have been able to get what I originally picked into my place even though it would have fit the space I measured. I couldn’t imagine my sofa arriving and not being able to get it in the door! Jim worked with me to make a few small changes so that I could get exactly what I wanted and not have to worry. I’m so happy with my new sofa I have received so many compliments since it arrived!

Catherine Mehta - Burlinton in Toronto
Catherine Mehta - Burlinton in Toronto
1 review Burlington, ON

Great product & service!

We went to Joshua Creek to look for a sectional couch for our basement. First off I have to acknowledge that this is the only company that we dealt with that made the suggestion to ensure that our furniture would fit going down the stairs to the basement. We went to quite a few places before Joshua Creek and not one of them had made this suggestion. They also offer a great service where they will do a trial run to see if the piece will fit. My husband and I would have purchased for sure without even thinking about this. So thank you to Lisa, Jim, Joe and Ryan for making this a very positive experience. You have a very unique way of serving your clients and I will for sure recommend your company to friends and family.

Hi Catherine, thanks for the review we really appreciate it.
It was good you took us up on double-checking as some people optimistically think items will fit and find out weeks later they dont.
We'll be back to deliver that sectional when its complete and theres no surprises!
On behalf of my team, Thanks for the kind words and the business. Jim

1 review Milton, ON

The best furniture store/experience period!

We have used Joshua Creek to furnish our home over the last 2 years in Milton and with an upcoming move will be using them again for our new home in Guelph. Without reservation I would highly recommend the entire team. We have had the pleasure to work with Linda on both occasions and she has gone above and beyond providing fantastic service. The owners Joe and Jim are both straight forward honest men who appear to genuinely enjoy providing quality Canadian made furniture at a price which is very reasonable. The look and solid build of the furniture could be sold at a higher price but I honestly believe Jim and Joe are not trying to gouge the customer. In addition, they stand behind the products 100%. I consider myself fortunate to have been referred to this store by my real estate agent and would recommend anyone to check this place out prior to purchasing furniture. I will be back in the future I'm sure!!

Hi Folks, Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate it. We thank you again for your recent purchase and we know you'll enjoy it for years to come.
On behalf of Joe, Linda and all the staff, Thanks again, these reviews really do help our business and give others confidence in coming to our store. Happy Holidays! Jim

Wendy and Markus Frei in Burlington
Wendy and Markus Frei in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

New couch issues

We purchased a Stylus couch about a year and half ago and we noticed after we got in, that it sunk very low in portions of the couch.
Jim.. the owner and his service team came out to have a look and decided the couch was not correct and re ordered us a brand new couch! It arrived and it's amazing! Thank you for the excellent service!

Wendy and Markus. Thanks for acknowledging us. Its very rare we actually have to replace a sofa ( I can count on one hand how many we've had in 19 years of doing this) All said, your situation was unique that it was just simply a better resolution to the issue. The fact you bought local ( received service) and bought Canadian ( warranties) is a factor in all of this also. You are also very reasonable no-nonsense people and that always helps when we have a common goal to rectify a situation. Thanks so much for the business! Regards, Jim

Larry in Oakville
Larry in Oakville

Great Service

Wonderful store and great service. A nice selection of furniture. Will be back again! Joe was the greatest and extremely helpful. Went above and beyond! Great central location with lots of parking.

Hi Larry, we appreciate your business and the kind review. We work hard to make sure our customer's are satisfied while providing a enjoyable shopping experience. All the best and Thank You, Joe

Heather from Mississauga in Oakville
Heather from Mississauga in Oakville

new home to furnish

I recently purchased my very first house and needed a lot of furniture to fill it. I had a vision of how I wanted my new home to look and as soon as I walked into the Joshua Creek showroom I saw my vision come to life. They had exactly what I was looking for and the pricing/quality can't be beat.

I ended up purchasing a complete dining room set - table, buffet, 6 chairs and even the print they had on the wall in the showroom because it looked so good! 2 coffee tables, a TV console, bar table with 2 stools, a floor mirror and a beautiful print for our master bedroom.

I couldn't be happier with every single piece. Fantastic solid wood construction in designs that are beautiful and functional. The delivery team went out of their way to accommodate my schedule - no sitting around all day waiting!

Thank you Joe & Jim, you made spending all that money enjoyable. I can't wait to come back for accessories to complete my home!

Heather, thank you so much for the great review. There's really nothing more satisfying to a business owner to hear the customer is so happy with their purchase. We give you credit for taking your time to measure spaces, sign out samples and with the help of our team make good design decisions as you invested $12000 in your selections and ultimately invested in your home and how you feel about your home/furnishings. Too many people want instant gratification, with many cheap clearance type box stores and internet shopping. They rarely get it right. Fortunately you took the time to do it properly and combined with the items you found at Joshua Creek, you now have a home that you can walk into every day that makes you feel great.That makes us proud and reinforces we are doing it right on our end. On behalf of the Staff and Joe, Thank you so much for the nice review, Jim

Spencer from Oakville
Spencer from Oakville

New Leather Furniture

I purchased a leather love seat and sofa from Joe at Joshua Creek Furniture based on the design and comfort.

After receiving both pieces my family and friends noticed that they were very hard and uncomfortable.

We assumed this was because they were new and had to be worked in. However, six months later there was no change and they were killing our backs.

I went back to see Joe and explained the situation to him and his team.

Joe was great and I worked with his Service Manager Ryan on correcting the situation.

They worked with the manufacturer and had all the cushions replaced within a same day period.

I am totally impressed with the service and professionalism of how this was handled.

My next furniture / home accessories buys will be from Joshua Creek Furniture.

I recommend that you shop there and support a local business.

Thanks for all the great help.

Hi Spencer, thanks for the positive review. I've said it before; in a perfect world there would be no service issues but in reality there is. We strive to rectify any/every service issue that is within our ability to do so and i'm pleased to hear You are satisfied with Joe/Ryan's attention to it.Your patience is appreciated also.
I want to point out that you purchased a high quality Canadian Made Top grain leather Sofa and Loveseat, made locally. This is a factor also.
On behalf of my Business Partner Joe and Service Manager Ryan, we would like to thank you for the review and are happy you are satisfied with your purchase at Joshua Creek Furniture. Enjoy your Leather Sofa and Loveseat! Regards, Jim Hobbs

N & K from Oakville
N & K from Oakville

Furniture

I ordered and purchased a custom made bed.
I sometimes visit this store, because I just love everything they have chosen, and it inspires me. This is not a place to go when you just want furniture or stuff for your house. This store is for people who value creative beauty. There is so much care and quality in the selections, everything so interesting (solid wood furniture to leather, wall art/mirrors, lights). This is one of my very favourite stores.
The bed I bought was perfect, and they delivered and installed with care. I am very happy with my purchase.

Hi Guys, thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. It really means alot to us as we take pride in what we do and what we sell.
I will look up your info in our database ( i only see your initials here but i will match to a custom bed purchase) and I will personally call you to Thank you very much for this review. Good reviews like this really make my staff feel great about their hard work and that its acknowledged by yourselves going out of the way to do it. Glad you are happy with your purchase. Regards, Jim

Sean Wright from Milton
Sean Wright from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Dining Chairs (6)

I had initially found Joshua Creek by chance as we were searching for fabric we liked on the 6 chairs we intended to buy elsewhere. When the staff saw us looking through the book they helped us, but not in a pushy commission-earning sort of way.

We ended up not finalizing our order elsewhere, as Joshua Creek was extremely helpful in helping us match chairs to our server and dining table. They not only explained how the ordering worked, but looked at our samples to suggest the best way to ensure we were able to match our maple and cherry furniture to our new chairs. The great thing too was we did not have to waste time and haggle on price. We had price shopped the Handstone chairs in numerous places and pricing varied greatly, and we were offered an extremely competitive and reasonable price right away.

Our chairs arrived and were excellent, except for one. The stain and grain was substantially different. Joshua Creek took this as an opportunity to earn our loyalty in the future. Not only did they acknowledge the issue, but they picked up, sent back, and re-delivered a proper and fixed chair. In this day and age I find stellar service is hard to find, and it was great to have this taken care of. Although 6 chairs is not a big purchase compared to what some may buy, I appreciate they treated me as a valued customer and went above and beyond. I was extremely impressed to the point of deciding to write a review.

I will certainly come back, if not for the quality then for the excellent customer service offered. I feel confident buying at a place like this which stands behind what they sell instead of simply taking your money and making you deal with concerns. The friendly and knowledgeable staff made it a great experience.

Hi Sean, I remember this one as it was a bit tricky trying to match stain colour to a table you purchased in the past and the chairs that were different species of wood you purchased from me.
We really appreciate your feedback and nice review. Im particularly happy you pointed out there was a service issue and it was taken care of properly. In a perfect world we wouldnt have service issues but we do. We take pride in making sure these things get rectified and taken care of in a reasonable timeframe. Thanks for going out of your way to write this review, glad you are happy with your purchase. Regards, Jim

More about Joshua Creek Trading Furniture & Home Decor

Joshua Creek Trading-Furniture and Home Décor-Specializes in custom-made Solid Wood Dining Suites, Bedroom Suites, Upholstery, Sofas, Sectionals, Loveseats, Chairs, Condo-size Furniture, Leather Sofas , Leather Sectionals, Leather Chairs, Recliners, Barstools, Counter Stools, Lamps, Lighting, Artwork, Mirrors, Rugs, Occasional Chairs, Childrens Furniture, Bunkbeds, Entertainment units, Tv Cabinets, Home Office, Desks, Credenzas, ...