Johnnys Finishing Shop

Reviews for Johnnys Finishing Shop

Rob in Toronto
Rob in Toronto

Dining Table Refinishing

we have a nice, solid Ashwood dining room table, that was accidentally damaged during cleaning. The syrface was worn down in several areas, and there were some patches were some serious grapes had faded the color.

John was very pragmatic in describing the work they would do to finish it and used the product that we requested. The end product looks excellent – like a new table.

Thanks for the great review Rob. It was our pleasure to complete this work for you.
Regards
John

Marguerite in Etobicoke
Marguerite in Etobicoke

Mother’s Antique Dresser

I’d been holding on to an antique mirror dresser inherited from my mom until we had our new house, it was in need of refinishing amd minor repairs. John provided a timely quote, cheerful and on-time pickup and drop-off and a beautifully refinished dresser that matches and compliments our hardwwod floors.

Couldn’t be happier. He’s a consummate professional who knows his stuff.

Thanks Marguerite. It was our pleasure to finish your mom's dresser. You have the perfect spot to show it off too!! Congrats on your new home.

D Fisher in Toronto
D Fisher in Toronto

Restored china cabinet

Johnny restored a china cabinet inherited from our grandmother. He painted it a beautiful high gloss charcoal and provided guidance with the paint colour and other details. The furniture looks spectacular and the work was beautifully done. Thank you!

Thanks for the compliment Dahlia. We're glad your enjoying your "new" cabinet

Les in Toronto
Les in Toronto

Refurbished bedroom set

Had a 60 year old 'Paul McCobb' bedroom set which I was never happy with as drawers/knobs broken and wood needed major refinishing. Johnny did an amazing job bringing it back to life! It's like brand new. My set went from being worthless to easily $20k in value. It took 2 months to complete but it was well worth it.
Thanks again Johnny.

Our pleasure. We were also very pleased with how the set turned out. Now you'll be able to enjoy it for many more years.
Regards,
Johnny

Carol P.
Carol P.

Refinished Wood Chairs & Footstool

Our Bergere Chairs are over 30 years old and we wanted to update the look and have them refinished in Antique gold stain and reupholstered in Napoleon Bee fabric .
John delivered the chairs today and they look absolutely amazing ... every detail in the finish is gorgeous ... I can't believe they are the same Chairs!!!
I highly recommend John as he is a real pleasure to work with and has a real eye for details and great follow up and communication.
Thank you John ... there are not many people that can do this quality of work at an affordable price.

It was a pleasure working with you. We always embrace a new challenge!!

LB
LB

First rate work!

I am very happy with quality and service of John's work.
My grandfather's 1940's maple office desk looks great.
I will definitely be using his services in the future.
I would highly recommend!

Thanks Lorne. Always our pleasure!!

Normansilver in Toronto
Normansilver in Toronto

Refinish furniture some antiques

Some pieces roughly done.Jonnysfinishing@bell.net was supposed to attend our apartment to finish one shelf of another piece that was not in his shop.He did not do this job even though he was paid $250 extra for it. He has not REPAID THE AMOUNT nor has he responded to calls or messages.I would advise others to be careful when dealing with jonnysfinishing@bell.net!!

Hi Norm. You are correct about the touch up of the shelf, but all you had to do was email me with a reminder. The last email we have is from your wife on Aug 14, 2015, thanking us for the prompt response. Also this is the first I've heard about "roughly done pieces" since the deliveriy in late Oct 2015. I apologize if I missed your call. I have you scheduled for the touch up on Wed but you have not yet confirmed. Let me complete the touch up and please show me the rough pieces as we will definitely take care of them. Regards, John. Update as of Jan 2017, no response from customer, refund cheque was issued.

Anne Cunningham from East York
Anne Cunningham from East York

Dinig room Refinishing

The dining room set looks fantastic. I can finally show the table without a tablecloth on it. Really appreciated the timely updates and great pick-up and delivery service. The refinishing is superb and the new padding and fabric makes the set beautiful.

Rob in Scarborough
Rob in Scarborough

Restoration of Danish modern armchairs

We have two Danish modern armchairs, family heirlooms that my parents purchased when stationed in Copenhagen in the 1960's. The chairs were much loved albeit much the worse for wear. The suspension system, steel springs mounted in a tubular steel frame, is apparently unique. No one in Ontario whom we spoke to had seen it before, not even Johnny! No one else would take on the project ... except Johnny. Johnny came in on time and on budget. We are thrilled with the results! Our children and their children will enjoy these chairs for the next 60 years! And more!

Sharon from Old Toronto
Sharon from Old Toronto

Dining Room Set Refurbish

Outstanding! My dining room is stunning. Chairs were re-upholstered and repaired. The table and credenza were stripped and refinished. My set looks better than it did when I bought it.

More about Johnnys Finishing Shop

Johnny’s Finishing Shop is Toronto’s leading furniture refinishing shop, serving the GTA with quality service for over 40 years. We offer a complete furniture repair service which includes antique restoration, furniture refinishing and repairs, upholstery and custom work for both residential and commercial customers. Pick-up and delivery is available throughout the GTA. Your satisfaction is our reputation.