Johnnys Finishing Shop

Best of 2012 winner 3 timesBest of 2012winner 3 times

Reviews for Johnnys Finishing Shop

JOHN
JOHN

Outstanding work and service!

We hired John’s crew to refinish a 1960’s era cherry wood table and cabinet that belong to my mother. We were thrilled with the results. Better than expected. John offered excellent advice on colour selection and finishes. He came in on time and on budget. It took about four weeks from pickup to drop off.
Highly recommend. An excellent Etobicoke company.

John M

Steven
Steven

Kids antique rocking chair

John was able to repair an old kids rocking chair with one broken rocker, it had sentimental values for our family. After the job was done, I couldn't tell which rocker was repaired :-)

Jeff in Etobicoke
Jeff in Etobicoke

Refinishing of Etegere ( Caninet )

My wife was given this cabinet years ago. An attempt was made by myself (hubbyJ to refinish it. Well you can guess at the results. Contacted Johnnys refinishing, got a quote, they picked it up. We received it back, looks like brand new, a lot of extras done. Thank you very much, would recommend you to anyone.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Love seat recovered.

I had a love seat recovered and the wood cleaned and polished. An absolutely beautiful job. John is professional, knowledgeable and a total pleasure to deal with. Thank you John!

Rob in Toronto
Rob in Toronto

Dining Table Refinishing

we have a nice, solid Ashwood dining room table, that was accidentally damaged during cleaning. The syrface was worn down in several areas, and there were some patches were some serious grapes had faded the color.

John was very pragmatic in describing the work they would do to finish it and used the product that we requested. The end product looks excellent – like a new table.

Thanks for the great review Rob. It was our pleasure to complete this work for you.
Regards
John

Marguerite in Etobicoke
Marguerite in Etobicoke

Mother’s Antique Dresser

I’d been holding on to an antique mirror dresser inherited from my mom until we had our new house, it was in need of refinishing amd minor repairs. John provided a timely quote, cheerful and on-time pickup and drop-off and a beautifully refinished dresser that matches and compliments our hardwwod floors.

Couldn’t be happier. He’s a consummate professional who knows his stuff.

Thanks Marguerite. It was our pleasure to finish your mom's dresser. You have the perfect spot to show it off too!! Congrats on your new home.

D Fisher in Toronto
D Fisher in Toronto

Restored china cabinet

Johnny restored a china cabinet inherited from our grandmother. He painted it a beautiful high gloss charcoal and provided guidance with the paint colour and other details. The furniture looks spectacular and the work was beautifully done. Thank you!

Thanks for the compliment Dahlia. We're glad your enjoying your "new" cabinet

Les in Toronto
Les in Toronto

Refurbished bedroom set

Had a 60 year old 'Paul McCobb' bedroom set which I was never happy with as drawers/knobs broken and wood needed major refinishing. Johnny did an amazing job bringing it back to life! It's like brand new. My set went from being worthless to easily $20k in value. It took 2 months to complete but it was well worth it.
Thanks again Johnny.

Our pleasure. We were also very pleased with how the set turned out. Now you'll be able to enjoy it for many more years.
Regards,
Johnny

Carol P.
Carol P.

Refinished Wood Chairs & Footstool

Our Bergere Chairs are over 30 years old and we wanted to update the look and have them refinished in Antique gold stain and reupholstered in Napoleon Bee fabric .
John delivered the chairs today and they look absolutely amazing ... every detail in the finish is gorgeous ... I can't believe they are the same Chairs!!!
I highly recommend John as he is a real pleasure to work with and has a real eye for details and great follow up and communication.
Thank you John ... there are not many people that can do this quality of work at an affordable price.

It was a pleasure working with you. We always embrace a new challenge!!

LB
LB

First rate work!

I am very happy with quality and service of John's work.
My grandfather's 1940's maple office desk looks great.
I will definitely be using his services in the future.
I would highly recommend!

Thanks Lorne. Always our pleasure!!

More about Johnnys Finishing Shop

Johnny’s Finishing Shop is Toronto’s leading furniture refinishing shop, serving the GTA with quality service for over 40 years. We offer a complete furniture repair service which includes antique restoration, furniture refinishing and repairs, upholstery and custom work for both residential and commercial customers. Pick-up and delivery is available throughout the GTA. Your satisfaction is our reputation.