JAD Contracting Ltd.

General Contractors
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Toronto  >  JAD Contracting Ltd.

Reviews for JAD Contracting Ltd.

Emily&Todd
Emily&Todd

Removing popcorn & re-finishing ceilings in 2-storey foyer, 3 bedrooms and main hallway

After calling JAD for a quote (in June '09), we received a prompt call back and a consultant apptmt within 2 days. Everything ran smoothly: the 2 contractors arrived promply at 8am and worked until just past 5pm every night; the contractors were clean, courteous; considering the mess of the job, they laid cardboard and protective sheets everywhere and covering all doorways; the overall workmanship was excellent. There are several 'classes' of finishing that you can request - we chose the best and thus, received the best. Very pleased with the workmanship and most of all, the service. Thank you - definitly would use again!

Dave From Scarborough
Dave From Scarborough

5.8/10

Upper house renovation

Jake of JAD Contracting came last June and got the job done in a timely manner-a few days. He cut a lot of corners, neglecting to prime the walls or patch the dents and dings prior to painting, installing stair railings right into the drywall-not the studs! He didn't hang the bedroom doors right either. Although he did the job within my tight timeframe, he cut a lot of corners

Dear Dave Thank you for your review, I believe that you have forgotten to mention some very important items, please let me remind you of them, this particular job is what we call in the industry as a clean out job, this house had been rented by people for x-amount of years the walls were damaged and painted numerous times and you saw that it was virtually impossible to make them as smooth as you wanted, and I believe that I told it would be cheaper for you to replace the drywall, as far as not priming the walls you are incorrect. I tint the primer to match the color of the wall, a common practice in the industry. From the day we met I had a bad feeling about working with you, but when I met you at a plaza and you were reviewing your tenants application in the parking lot, you told me that you promised these people they could move in within a week, I sympathized with your situation not knowing what I was in for, but I believe that we helped you achieve your project even though you had your tenants sleep in the dining room while you decided to make up your mind on what to do, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the electrician almost sue you. I can go on and on but one thing I did learn from this is that as much as we tried to help you, you did not know what you wanted and expected far too much for what your budget consisted of, perhaps you were the one that cut corners.