Industrial Revolution

gilles from Vancouver
gilles from Vancouver
4 reviews , BC

standing lamp purchase

I had found this really cool arching standing lamp in an interior design magazine and looked it up online. I was shocked by the price of it. It was more than what most people make in a month! I gave up hope of ever being able to own it, but every other lamp that I saw in stores just didn't compare. A friend suggested that I check out Industrial Revolution. She told me that they had some really cool stuff that you wouldn't be able to find in other stores in the Lower Mainland. I ended up going to the store and found a standing lamp that was quite similar to the one I was drooling over except the finish on the lamp shade was brushed stainless instead of mirrored chrome. The price was about an eighth of the one I was originally eyeing on and so for that price difference I was very willing to settle for the different finish. The lamp looks great in my living room and now I actually think the brushed stainless looks better than the mirrored chrome. The salesperson was very helpful and I was able to get a slight discount on my lamp because I had purchased a two bedside lamps as well. I think the more you buy, the more negotiating power you have.