Soil Service Garden Center

DougR
DougR
3 reviews Odessa, MO

Landscape project

With a name like "Soil Service" I would have thought it was more so of a soil treatment, or analysis, company and would not have thought it was a nursery or garden center. But when a friend of mine in the Waldo area requested that I help with some landscaping, I happened to drive by and stop there, and was completely taken by surprise. This is no doubt the best nursery center I have visited, not only for the huge selection or product but particularly for the expertise of the employees there. The quality and health of their wide variety or plants is exceptional, and the staff, from my experience bar none, are all very knowledgeable about what works where, sun or shade, type of soil, etc., and maintenance of the plants. I'm no dummy about taking care of trees, shrubs, plants, etc., but these folks steered me in the best direction for choices I should make given the project I was working on, and certainly knew their stuff. They didn't seem to just want to make a sale for the sake of it, without offering advice on what would be the best choice. Awesome staff, great quality product, and don't forget to visit both sides of the street (Troost), there is additional on the East side than their main site on the West. I would have rated this a "5" for recommending, instead of a "4", excepting the location may not be convenient, and their prices do seem a bit higher than other nurseries, but you get what you pay for. The quality is exceptional, and the people there do know their stuff!