Home Depot - Wicksteed Ave

Building Supplies and Hardware
101 Wicksteed Ave Toronto ON M4G 4H9
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Toronto  >  Home Depot - Wicksteed Ave

Reviews for Home Depot - Wicksteed Ave

Maureen in Toronto
Maureen in Toronto

Dishwasher Purchase and Delivery

We purchased a dishwasher from Home Depot Leaside last week. We arranged for delivery yesterday between 12-5pm. I received a call at 1pm saying the delivery would arrive in 15-20 mins. They NEVER ARRIVED. I have been on the phone 5 times with Home Depot delivery "service". They said the driver "missed our house" and did not give a reason why. They then said he came and we weren't home. I said that was not true and asked what time they were there. I was told between 5-5:10pm. There were 3 people home at my house at that time. I said I wanted our dishwasher delivered today and they said no, the next available date for deliver is next Wednesday January 24th. I was told I would get a call from a supervisor first thing this morning. I still have not received a call and when I tried to call, I was told that neither of the supervisors were available to speak to me. I then called the Home Depot Leaside and the woman was completely unhelpful. She said I had to go through the delivery service. She said there was nothing she could do. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will not be back.

laura from Toronto
laura from Toronto

Defective Washer Dryer...getting the runaround

Bought a large appliance. Was not installed properly and discovered it was defective next morning. Home Depot giving me the runaround. Every time I call it's a different story about how they plan to handle the problem, meanwhile I'm sitting here with a broken machine....for how long...and how many day off work to deal with this?!

Mary-Anne in Toronto
Mary-Anne in Toronto

Decorating centre and complaints centre

Unreliable, unprofessional, shoddy installation of blinds. We had to chase them to fix the installation problems and received empty promises about when they would return to fix the problems. One month later, we called the Head Office. First call we were told someone would call us back. Nobody called. Second call - told they had no record of the 1st call. Third call they passed us along to a Service Provider who had the Decorating Centre manager call. He only offered 'solutions' despite not seeing the problems. Fourth call - could not track our complaint or ticket #. We're trying to decide which experience has been worse - dealing with the decor centre people or dealing with the Head Office complaints department. So disappointing.

Anna in Toronto
Anna in Toronto

Employee error results in improper customer return

I paid for a tube of caulking on MasterCard. Within a few hours, I had to exchange it for a different colour. When I made my exchange, the Home Depot employee decided to use a gift card to make the switch. As a result, when I was forced to return the caulking the following day, the store associate said she could only return the money as store credit. When I showed her the original receipt indicating my credit card payment, she insisted that although "it was the employee's error" she could not do anything for me. She sent me home with a credit note. Unbelievable. I guess I would have been out of pocket $200 had I bought a mower.

Consistent quality in service

It seems the more I visit this Home Depot, the better the service that I receive. I own a small assembly & installation company which requires constant restocking of supplies and the purchase of unique materials.

Too bad I do not remember the gentleman's name but he is always in the hardware department and ALWAYS offers sound, practical and straightforward advice. Never fails.

Cheers! i will be back again.

Shirley in Downtown Toronto
Shirley in Downtown Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

I had a bad experience using the Home Depot (Leaside) for my condo kitchen reno. I believe the problem was due to the fact that Home Depot contracts out the renos to a company called Complete Kitchens who subcontracted out the reno to another company. The project went approximately 4 weeks over schedule. I had to contact the customer service head office to resolve all the issues because management at the Leaside store was not helpful. (Christine at the head office is wonderful.) Even though all the issues were resolved and Christine was able to get my expenses reimbursed for the time my kitchen was not usable, it was an experience I never want repeated in my lifetime.

Bob in Leaside
Bob in Leaside

REPLACE SLIDING GLASS DOORS

Recently, we decided to replace our old glass sliding doors in the entrance way within our condominium. We went to the Home Depot on Wicksteed Avenue and were amazed at the selection they had in stock. After much soul serching we selected the three sliding doors required to fit our space. The doors were delivered in a timely fashion and the installation was relatively easy. Thanks to all the staff who made this project a huge success!

RonFromVaughan
RonFromVaughan
1 review Thornhill, ON

Kitchen floor tiles

We heard about a tent on the radio. The deals are really good, keep an eye out (or your ears for the radio add) it takes place at only one home depot centre. They also had hardwood and bamboo flooring for very reasonable rates.

Country store is horrible
Country store is horrible

Bathroom

We have had great service at Home Depot. The team is always friendly and helpful. They helped us make large decisions in regards to purchased for our new bathroom. They ahev a large selection to choose from, and make life easy with trucks that are easy to ernt for larger items, and usualy available quickly.

bob in east york
bob in east york
4 reviews East York, ON

kitchen cabinet reno

We had our Kitchen renovated and ordered the Cabinets from home depot. Our co-ordinator was very patient, but extremely busy. We went through the planning and drawings several times. It seemed to work out well. However, the installation wasn't as thorough. A single installer worked on our project and as a result, we had to have someone come back serveral times to correct some of the mistakes that resulted.