Home Depot - Billy Bishop Way

Building Supplies and Hardware
90 Billy Bishop Way North York ON M3K 2C8
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Toronto  >  Home Depot - Billy Bishop Way

Reviews for Home Depot - Billy Bishop Way

Sepehr from Toronto
Sepehr from Toronto

Fridge Purchase, Delivery, Installation

This complaint is for Home Depot store located at 90 Billy Bishop Way, Toronto. The Order number is: 127359269. More than 4 weeks ago we purchased a fridge from Home Depot. At the time of the purchase, we were informed that the new unit will be delivered and installed (including the panels) and the old unit will be hauled away without any problem or issue. We were informed that the contractors would book an appointment with us to do the measurements and make sure that the new fridge would fit as well as giving us a quote for installation. We were supposed to receive a call in a few days from the contractor to get a quote. After 2 weeks we did not get any call from the contractors and we had to keep calling the store associates at home depot and the project support to see what was going on. After tens of calls back and forth with Home depot staff and causing us so much headache and inconvenience, only one day before the delivery of the fridge, one of the project support staff informed us that the quick contractors is asking for $1000 to do the installation for a $2400 fridge, and the Quick Contractors company said we don’t deal with the panels. I checked with 5 different contractors in Toronto and they all said the installation fee for that particular fridge is $250-$350 maximum. Also, the store associates told us the installation team would haul away the old unit not the delivery team and the project support said the delivery team would do that, not the installation team. After charging us $2400 and wasting our time for more than 4 weeks, the entire experience was a shameful mess and nothing but a headache. So we had no choice other than cancelling the order. All of your staff members who were at fault in this shameful mess should be ashamed of themselves. I will never step a foot in a Home Depot store again. All of the appliances in the Canadian Appliance website are hundreds of dollars cheaper than Home Depot and hopefully they will never cause us any inconvenience as much you did.

Serendipity in Toronto
Serendipity in Toronto

Custom Hampton wood blinds / Custom windows

I met with a great and very helpful employee the first day I went, and she loaned me the sample book so that I could match my windowframes, etc, So far so good,,, placed the order and received the blinds within 8 days... then got them home, easy to install, BUT they were about 2 1/2 in shorter than the order! Returned them a week later and was told it would take three weeks to fix them! Not only that but staff seemed reluctant to believe my measurements! Finally they relented but told me I'd have to come back to see what Hampton Bay said and receive temporary blinds .... not impressed! THey should discount for the inconvenience! I am currently on hold (over 10 min so far twice) to speak to someone in the dept before I drive all the way over there!

Also, I had windows installed by HD contractors a few years ago. Within just over a year, they had shifted so much (the house is over 100 yrs old so not moving that much!) not a single one of them fits properly and they dont' lock. As I was one month past the warranty, they said they'd be glad to fix them - but I'd have to pay!!! NO THANK YOU!! So now, 0 for 2 on my custom orders! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

CMW in Toronto
CMW in Toronto

carpet the basement

the team was helpful, friendly and efficient, explained the work in detial to anyone who was interested in the project including my friends, family and lovely neighbours. They worked very hard and delivered the task on time

Roshe
Roshe
1 review Etobicoke, ON

hardwood flooring

Home depot did a great job. Our floor installation guy was super neat, and after the job was done made sure to clean up everything after himself. He even cleaned the brand new floors after it was onstalled. great job

Emi - North York
Emi - North York
2 reviews North York, ON

garage door opener

Day One
I thought purchasing a garage door opener and having it installed by a Home Depot contractor was an easy thing to do. You can imagine my surprise and disappointment to find that this was not so. I visited your Billy Bishop at Dufferin and Wilson twice, to both order and attempt to pay for the item. I was told that the person who deals with the coordination of garage door installations was not onsite, and wouldn’t be returning for a couple of days. At this time, however, I was assured that I could call in and take care of the purchase over the phone and that the item was going to be delivered to my residence by the installer.
Day Five
Four days later I still hadn’t received a follow up call regarding my order, so I took the initiative and placed a call to the store. I was now given conflicting information and told that I was required to go back to the store to pick up the item. You can imagine my frustration in having to explain what I was told just four short days ago: I could purchase the item over the phone and the contractor would arrive with it on the same day as the scheduled installation. My frustration level had now increased, as the person I was speaking with now suggested that was told to me in error – and the worst part of this scenario, is that the person I was now hearing this from, is the very same person who told me I could do the whole thing over the phone. Their response to this knowledge was – “hmmmm”, hardly a suitable answer for anyone working in a customer service role.
Recalling the conversation of a few days ago, the Home Depot Associate offered to deliver the item to my home. He also advised that the coordinator would be calling me in a couple of days. I thought how wonderful, however, given past performance, I thought this was suspicious; against my better judgment I waited patiently for the call.
Day Ten
Five more days had passed and I still hadn’t received any follow up phone calls. So, I decided to put on a brave face and tried calling again. The coordinator, obviously has the luxury of filling their days being offsite more than they are onsite, and was still nowhere to be found. I tried to leave a message with someone, however, after being disconnected by the customer service department 6 times, I didn’t want to continue abusing myself by calling back.
Day Thirteen
I waited another few days, and mustered enough strength to try calling in again….this time, I spoke to a different sales associate as the original one I had spoken to was not available. My call was forwarded to the coordinator again – (perhaps still on her world tour) from there things continued to worsen.
Day Fifty-Six
Since my original visit to the store I still have to get out of my car and open the door manually when I arrive home. This is going to be extremely convenient when winter hits. Wow.
Day Fifty-Seven
I called the store again today and will advise what the outcome is when I know. I hope we all live that long.

Andy in North York
Andy in North York

Lighting

I needed to be some light fixtures for the new condo. Home Depot is great if you already know exactly what you need. However, if you need service or assistance, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find free sales associates. Either they're with another customer or they are nowhere to be found. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

lpw in GTA
lpw in GTA

speaker cables

I went to buy some in-wall speaker cables and the service was prompt and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable! Not only did they recommend a better quality cable, but it was actually more inexpensive as well. All in all, a very pleasant shopping experience.

Amin from North York
Amin from North York
8.3/10

New Laundry Room

While I was lured in to the store for a promotion, I was quick to apprehend the inherent value of remodelling my laundry room. I noticed a new laundry tub on promotion, but was immediately disappointed as they were out of stock. I immediately realized that I would have to come back again - a manager was standing in the aisle and heard us lament about the wasted trip. He immediately asked us what was wrong- he apologized for the incovenience, and offered to have it delivered to our home! He took down our name, address and all relevant information. The service provided was unparalled. If there is ever a Home Depot that I have to shop at, it would be the Yorkdale Home Depot

Vincenzina - North York
Vincenzina - North York

Car Wash Hose

Sales people were very helpful in assisting us to choose the right product. Good recommendations to suit our needs. Also recommended we get a Home Depot card as there's a promotion for a free gift up to $40. A lot of variety to choose from.

Emma from North York
Emma from North York
4.3/10

Interior door installation

We ordered seven interior doors with installation from Home Depot. The product was delivered, but the measurements were not accurate, after paying $150 to install each door. The installer caused property damage and later tried to get out of paying for the repair or accepting responsibility.