Home Depot - Kitchener

HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Ave  >  Home Depot - Kitchener

Reviews for Home Depot - Kitchener

Danielle from Brampton
Danielle from Brampton

Went to find bulbs and fixtures

I went to this Home Depot not know what the product I wanted was called. After spending 5 minutes trying to describe it to an employee he joyfully let me to where I needed to go. Later, when I needed to find something else - another employee was very helpful in helping me find it.

Sharon in Kitchener
Sharon in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Celing fan/light fixtures for 3 bedrooms

My husband and I recently moved into a new home. We decided that to try to save some money in the first year or two, instead of air conditioning, we'd put ceiling fans in various places throughout the house. We found some that we liked for the bedrooms that were reasonably priced. When we tried to purchase them (at the end of November), we were told that no Home Depot in the area had them in stock, but that they were a regularly stocked item, so they would be back in shortly (within a matter of weeks). This is where the story gets interesting...

Two weeks later, my husband went back to inquire about the status of the lights. He was told that the delivery date had been pushed back. He then asked about special-ordering the lights - he was told that special orders cannot be made for regularly-stocked items. Three fans/fixtures were on order, and we would get a call when they arrived shortly before Christmas. The call never came.

My husband returned to the store shortly after Christmas to inquire about the status of the fans. He was told that they would arrive in January. This continued until early February.

We returned to pick up some building materials for another project in our home, and I thought I'd check to see if the fans had come in. When I finally found an associate to help me, I was told that the fans had been in for a couple of weeks, but were not on the floor. It took a further 45 minutes to locate the fans and get them to the check-out.

The paying process started at approximately 5:15pm. First, the fans were rung in at $20 each above their list price. Once this discrepancy was sorted out, the other issues began.

The sales associates told me to get a Home Depot credit to take advantage of their "Don't pay for 12 months" promotion. I applied, and was approved, but could not activate my card because I don't have a land-line attached to my name. I have a cell phone, a VOIP line at home and at work. I have (and use) every other major credit card. This is not enough for Home Depot.

When the process was done, it was 6:30, and I'd paid with another credit card.

We got the fans that we wanted, but we felt that the service we received was a long way off the mark.

Karen cambridge
Karen cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

bathroom reno

My bathroom was started Sept.2006 and is still not finished. We have had at least 5 crews through and each one is to return to finish the job within a couple of weeks !!! Never happens. I was left with damage to my front lawn and steps of which I fixed. They left my hallway/bedroom plastered until I painted it last year ... I just couldnt take it. I am missing cupboard fronts,paint,etc. I am thinking they should pay me for the anguish they have inflicked on us.
ie. no shows, etc.

Stewart at Kitchener
Stewart at Kitchener
1 review Burlington, ON

Renovations in attic

We rented an insulation blower to upgrade our attic. the Rental customer service was great and gave me usefull tips on how much insulation is required and proper safety equipment to use.

wanted001
wanted001

Flooring Installation

We had laminate and carpeting installed in our condo. The carpeting the installer showed up with wasn't what we ordered (fortunately we liked it better than the one we chose). The laminate installation was a bigger problem. They left a large scratch in the flooring which we didn't see until we cleaned up after the installers left. It was like pulling teeth to get them to come back and fix it. They did more damage when they returned as they broke the joints on almost every board they replaced and tried to use silicon to keep them together. It took almost a year to get the area installed properly.

westhaven
westhaven

great help choosing shelving

We wanted a really simple shelving unit for an unfinished basement room, to store boxes, small appliances, etc. The staff at home depot were exceptionally helpful, going out of their way to explain the differences in shelving units, prices, how well they would stand up and the weight they would bear.

Leon in North York
Leon in North York
1 review North York, ON

kitchen

we find our ideal kitchen counter in Home Depot. It is just beautiful and easy to use. The staff gave us very useful guide. We are first home buyer and have very limited knowledge about how to decorate our kitchen and what kind of material need to be used. Home Depot gave us a very good guidline so that we can DIY our kitchen.

Paul Etobicoke
Paul Etobicoke
2 reviews ,

bathroom renovation

The project was presented to homeowner as being contracted out to professionals, however, home depot in their rush to access the services business of the home renovation market forgot to check out their contractors ability to deliver a quality job and never even followed up with the homeowner to verify satisfactory completion of the work. Home Depots main interest was ensuring they got paid. The work was shoddy,

farha in toronto
farha in toronto
1 review Cambridge, ON

room carpeting

staff were helpful in all ways. Made the whole experience pleasant and worth spending money on. Staff were knowledgable and friendly. Definately a recommended store for all. Rona on the other hand has it's pro's and cons.

JC Kitchener
JC Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

replacement outer doors

I went to Home Depot to price replacement doors for my home. The sales person was very knowledgeable about the various features; walked me through my options. Gave me good advice such as ensuring there was enough light coming into the foyer. There was no pressure to make the purchase there.