Handyman Services

Leslie from Toronto
4 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Multiple projects

L3T 3Y8

I've had many projects done by them over the years. Most of them have turned out great. Replacing shower hardware and retiling. Installing gutter guards. Changing fridge door around. Installing an outdoor water faucet. Replacing a kitchen counter. Some people they send out are better than others but I think they have a good group now. Doug in particular is really hard-working and a master of all trades. Carol in the office is great to deal with as well. Reasonable prices when you have a small job that can be hard to get someone to do. Especially, if you have a bunch of small unrelated tasks.

brendab from Old Toronto
brendab from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

dam door

L3T 3Y8

They couldn't hang a door properly it fell right off so they sent the guy back i found out he hadn't hung a door before in fact he had only ever hung drywall before My friend also said they are not to touch anything electrical they installed a new bathroom fan and all new wiring switch ect it looks and works great. i hope its ok as the guy said he had never done wiring before !

Monica from Toronto
Monica from Toronto

Mount TV

L3T 3Y8

I explained to the woman answering the phone that I had double thick wall board walls with metal studs. I needed someone with experience with this configuration to help me mount my TV and some shelf standards. She sent me Albert. He told me upon arrival yes he had done this before. Ok, but his stud finder couldn't find the metal studs so he had to use mine. Then he didn't have drill bits that would drill into metal, so he had to go get some. Granted he didn't charge me for his time to go get them. However, after three hours of him wailing on the wall we managed to mount the TV. Towards the end of this I asked him more thoroughly about his experience with this wall type and turns out he had never mounted into metal studs before. Therefore, not only did it take 3 times longer than it should have they also were untruthful. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Needless to say I did not ask him to do anything else.

Saqib Qureshi in Markham
Saqib Qureshi in Markham

Various household items

L3T 3Y8

Excellent work, really good job, on time. They assembled a lot of furniture, some of which was very complex and difficult, installed and re-enforced dry wall and several locks. Highly professional and good bunch of guys to work with.

Allea from Toronto
Allea from Toronto

small kitchen repairs

L3T 3Y8

Absolutely terrible customer service experience. I had to make 8 phone calls just to get an appointment made because their customer service rep Sue, could not follow through on a single call back request and instead just kept giving me excuses on why she couldn't call me back and why I still did not have an appointment. If it wasn't for the urgency of the work, I would have gone elsewhere, there were no other reputable handymen available within the time I needed. I'm sure their handymen are great from the interactions I had with the one gentleman, but the customer service is terrible.

I am very sorry that we were not more responsive to your phone calls. I know that you called an number of time with in a short period. We have been very busy with customer inquiries and we also knew that they project had some emergence to it. We were waiting on one other customers response on their booking. On Sept the 18 we scheduled your project and completed it on the 20th. I have addressed this situation regarding calling customers back quickly and have made some staffing changes. Thanks Jim Abbott

gofigure49inAurora
gofigure49inAurora

Multiple jobs

L3T 3Y8

We contracted with Bruce of Handyman Matters to repair our kitchen faucet, upgarde some defective halogen lighting, and assemble a large, heavy outdoor patio umbrella. All three jobs were done with great competence and very quickly. In addition, Bruce arrived exactly on time, and the owners called us afterward to ensure we were completely satisfied. A pleasure doing business with such reliable and competent people.

irit in Toronto
irit in Toronto
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

several small pieces

L3T 3Y8

I moved and had to install a window air conditioner, a ceiling fan light, remove some blinds, and install a ceiling hung curtain rod.\

Handyman matters were very accommodating of my work schedule, willing to change an appointment at the last minute. When their handyman became ill, they promptly rescheduled for the next morning.

The person they sent to me, Bruce, was great. He was efficient but also particularly careful and clearly wanted to get the job done right. He also put up with me asking him all sorts of questions (as I usually like to do my own work but didn't know how to do this stuff).

The company is on the expensive side, at $75 per hour plus a $40 initial travel charge, but all in all, a great experience, and I will definitely use them again.

Cindy
Cindy

Fence (one side) and Gate

L3T 3Y8

Handyman Matters exceeded my expectations. They are very professional, friendly and prompt. I had trouble reaching other Handmen companies that are highly recommended on Homestars Getting in touch with Handyman Matters was quite easy by comparison--it's because they have an office and corporate structure that makes working with easy.

Their work was excellent and they cleaned up and left the place spotless.

Chris from Etobicoke-10353
Chris from Etobicoke-10353

Bathroom Grab Bars

I am very grateful that Handyman Matters returned my call promptly and made time for my minor install at one of the busiest times of the year. Don was very knowledgable, professional and courteous. I'm very happy to have found a competent contractor for such an important safety issue at a reasonable price. Thank you!

More about Handyman Matters