Handyman Connection - Scarborough

Reviews for Handyman Connection - Scarborough

Lisa in Toronto
Lisa in Toronto

Outrageous Estimate for Drywall Work

This company gave me an estimate of $950 to remove and replace the drywall for my kitchen backsplash or approximately 17 sq ft. The quote to tile the backsplash afterwards was also another $950. I knew both quotes were ridiculous. While I paid substantially less for the drywall work, and was unimpressed with the service, it got done. There was no way I would have the tile work done, and in the end paid $450 for the job to a reliable person who specializes in backsplashes. All supplies included, excluding the tiles. Stay far away from this place.

Rhonda in Pickering
Rhonda in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Hardwood floor installation

Job was quoted to take 3 days and it ended up taking 6. Lots of issues going on in those 6 days but the real problem with this installation is that is was horribly done. The hardwood pieces were not pressed into each other and there are gaps everywhere. Gaps are so large that you can see the subfloor below. And this is all over the entire downstairs. It is much worse in the hallway as this was getting done on day 6 and he was rushing to get out. I think he glued down each piece instead of using the nail gun and did not connect the boards into each other. It is so bad that I may buy rugs to cover up the mess or get it ripped up and done over (but not by these guys). I can barely look at the hallway floors as it is so bad. Do not get these guys to do your floors.

Nina C in Thornhill
Nina C in Thornhill

Installation of a/c window units, other repairs

Eric did a good job except for cracking the window while installing the a/c window unit. I did not realize this until the tenants came home from work and noticed it. When I asked Eric about this, he denied it. By this time, I had already paid him. Too bad. I would have hired him again if he had admitted his mistake.

Corina from Toronto
Corina from Toronto

Kitchen Backsplash

Yvonne did a terrific job on a difficult backsplash in the kitchen. It looks great, I couldn't be happier. On time, at estimated cost, and left the kitchen cleaner than it started. I'd recommend Yvonne to anybody, and Handyman Connections is really a lifesaver.

Jean
Jean

Masonry Repairs

We had a cement coating which had been applied approx. 20 years ago on our foundation walls. This coating was peeling off in several places and needed to be removed. Handyman Connection's men did this by pressure water blasting the walls and then grinding off remaining concrete. This was a very hard job but they completed it and made it ready for refinishing with a paint/concrete material. They also repaired damaged concrete around window sills and tuck pointing. Overall we were very satisfied with the finished product.

Review has 1 previous version
Kay Baird from Pickering
Kay Baird from Pickering
2 reviews North York, ON

Leak in main bathroom

Cory the plumber showed up on time, was very courteous and professional. Offered suggestions as to where the leak was coming from, told me to take back the new spout and get my money back, advised proper spout to purchase and how to install. Didn't charge me full price since "he didn't really do anything". Came back when the new spout didn't work and spent quite some time trying to find the leak. Offered another suggestion to fix (that worked) but again didn't charge full price for visit. Very honest and pleasant to deal with.

ChrisP in Oshawa
ChrisP in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Bathroom Rennovation

Our bathroom needed to be completely redone! Roy took the time to explain the options and made himself available while we were purchasing the material. The workmanship was excellent and once the job began, Roy and his team stayed on the job until it was completed. When we ran into a couple of unexpected issues, Roy had some great suggestions and all his recommendations turned out be good. They cleaned up completely after the job, leaving the house in top shape.

gazira
gazira
1 review Scarborough, ON

Kitchen renovation

They were very helpful but the contractors were no show sometimes and/or they were late. The electrician was great but unreliable. The plumber was reliable but not having the right tools and parts at once.

Derek&Scarborough
Derek&Scarborough
5 reviews ,

Door Repair

the door chain on the main door was broken. He came in and realized the problem immediately, fixed the door chain within 30 minutes. The handyman was very nice, helpful and polite. I would definetly recommend his service to anyone I know.

gigi (danforth)
gigi (danforth)
3.3/10

Basement renovation - vapour barrier, drywall, etc

I wish this service was around when I hired the Handyman Connection to finish my basement. Their contract stipulates that I was to pay for the materials, and they would send a "professional" to my home to do the work.
Day 1 was okay the guys were nice enough, and their work was quite good. But I then made the mistake of NOT watching their every move (I was fooled into thinking that they were professionals), as I had to go to work. Once they knew that they weren't being watched they slacked off. They vapour barrier that I purchased was hidden behind my furnace, which I didn't find out about for a few weeks. They didn't use it at all! They drywalled directly over the vents for the furnace, but I caught that and made them take the drywall down and cut out the holes. They weren't happy about that! This is where it went bad. Once they knew that I was on to them they got quite nasty, and said that didn't like being watched. No kidding! Found out later as well, in the fall when it was time to turn on the furnace, that they ripped out the toggle switch for it & I had to rewire the furnace so that I had heat! Complaints to the company were pointless. They basically said that they did what was in the contract!

More about Handyman Connection - Scarborough

Painting, electrical to basement, bath and kitchen remodeling, we'll get your project done right.
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Toronto?