Handyman Connection

106 - 8557 Government Street Burnaby BC V3N 4S9
Handyman Connection

Reviews for Handyman Connection

Private User reviews Anmore, BC

Changing the lines in my apartment

Had to have my feeder lines all changed for the strata. He did a great job and didn't change ones that I thought ad to be changed, already done. He could have and just changed, I wouldn't have known, Good job

Charles in Burnaby
Charles in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Pantry and walk-in closet update

Dan did an outstanding job. Very conscientious and professional. He made constructive recommendations that made sense for future updates and jobs to maintain our home in a standard that keeps us up to date. Thanks for your support.

Private User reviews Maple Ridge, BC

A Job Well Done

I was very satisfied with the work done on my house by Handyman Connection. The carpenter they assigned to the job was very thorough in his assessment of the work to be done and then did some research on his own time to determine the best materials to be used. He was very friendly and sociable and explained exactly what he was doing. I would not hesitate to use them again.

G Williams in Burnaby
G Williams in Burnaby

Bait and Switch

Called their office and explained in detail that I had already tried several plumbers that did not take on jobs that required also fixing the floor around a leaking toilet seal and would they be able to do such work in addition to a couple other easy plumbing fixes like new toilet flapper, leaky faucet etc..
She assured me no problem.
On the day of the fix I get a call from what they refer to as their "craftsman” telling me that they don’t do leaking toilet work. I had made it crystal clear when booking the appointment that most importantly the toilet needed pulling and sub floor repaired.
If there was possibly any "misunderstanding" on our initial phone call then their office staff had a second opportunity to tell us the truth when I followed up our phone call with an email reminding them exactly of the work that was needed.
I requested that their owner Haider call me to discuss the matter.
Haider call me the next week and I explained the situation and he simply says they don’t do that kind of work. I asked him if he had bothered to read my email summarizing the work I was requesting. He said no…really? How professional is that?
I asked him to read my email and call me back. Week latter I get no response, no apology, no compensation for wasting my time and my tenants time nor any attempt at finding someone else that could do this work.
Only thing I received was an email from their staff telling me my Visa was being charged for the easy work that they did do.
This appears to be a clear case of bait and switch taking the appointment with no intention of doing certain work that any real “craftsman” should surely know how to do. Pulling a toilet and replacing some plywood and flooring is handyman 101 stuff.
Would not ever use this company again.

Mr. Williams,

We are sorry to see your review here. While we were able to complete most of your requests successfully, we are sorry we could not complete your plumbing work for the toilet. This is outside our range of services, and we hope you were able to get this work completed with another company.

Bathroom

My basement bathroom was missing some ceiling tiles and needed painting. Jeremy successfully repaired the ceiling and Beverly painted the walls. It looks great! Work was done when they said it would be and a follow up phone call was received

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

Power washing exterior deck and patio

I have used Handyman Connection a couple of times now and would highly recommend your team. They have been punctual, extremely knowledgeable and helpful in completing the work we needed. I would have no hesitation in calling on them again. Great job!„

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to help!

Installation

My repairman/installer was George. He was on time, professional, and efficient. I would not hesitate to use his services again.
I have already recommended the company to some of my friends.

Thank you for your review and recommendation to friends. We really appreciate it.

Private User reviews Port Moody, BC

Repair damaged fence and gate

I contacted Handyman Connection through Homestars. I received 3 quotes and chose them. They sent out George who did the estimate and said he would also do the work. I arranged for a date and he was on time with the materials. He finished the job in a day and the final charge was $3.63 more than the estimate. On time, on budget, excellent work and friendly professional. Will certainly use them again and ask for George.

Thank you for your review. We are happy George was able to help with your project.

Swanner in Burnaby
Swanner in Burnaby

Lighting

Matthew was friendly efficient and knowledgeable . He called 15 min before the appointment to notify me he was on his way. He replaced the halogen bulbs in our lighting fixtures located in 14-16 ft ceilings. Also Matthew gave us an estimate on future options such as LED lighting. He looked at the pendant lighting in the kitchen but rather than trying to repair the light and because of ythe problems with the type of fixture he recommended a installing new LED pendant lights. I would not hesitate to recommended Matthew and the company to family and friends.

Thank you for your review. We are greatly appreciative of any recommendations!

Alex in Burnaby
Alex in Burnaby

Bathroom Upgrades and Repairs Completed Professionally

I recently used HMC for assistance with a bathroom repair and upgrade project. The handyman (incidentally the same Stan of the review below) was prompt, courteous, very tidy and obliging. He showed up on time, provided a detailed explanation of his plans, committed to a price, method and schedule, and then executed the project in a professional manner. I'd regard him as a courteous, competent, veteran professional and would recommend him for projects. I disagree with the review below and would recommend him to friends and family in need or services.

More about Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Metro Vancouver - We are The Original Home Improvement Specialists.