Halton Hills Electrical Contracting

Laurie from Acton
Laurie from Acton
2 reviews Acton, ON

Project #1

Just had a reputable electrician come to inspect the work "Halton Hills Electric Contracting Limited" performed in our home in 2011. At this time they installed a pony panel in our swimming pool room as the regular breaker was tripping constantly. When they were done they explained the fact the breaker wasn't tripping when pushing the "test button on the new panel" Apparently that was OK. Since that Time we have blown several pool heaters (one catching on fire). We were just told everything installed by this company was unrequired and not connected properly. Therefor our house almost burnt down! Basically told we were ripped intentionally. This work was approved by an ESA inspector who walked into the house and placed a sticker on the new pony panel and walked out... 5 minutes tops. Didn't look at a thing. Which I hear is normal. I am now going to Post "Project #2" which is the scarier one!

SarahG in Georgetown
SarahG in Georgetown
5 reviews Georgetown, ON

adding more outlets, installing a bathroom vent

I had halton hills electrical contracting come in to my home a couple of years ago for some minor electrical work - adding a couple of outlets and installing a bathroom fan. Shortly after they left we noticed that one of the outlets was not wired quite right and my husband was able to reconnect one of the wires to fix the minor problem (should've had them back to do that). The bathroom fan started leaking water about a year after they put it in. My husband went up in the attic and saw that the platic piping that they had used to go to one of our existing vents was laying down on the floor and full of water (condensation). We ended up getting roofers to come in and install a proper vent hole above the bathroom for the piping. As new homeowners we had no idea that what the electricians were doing with the vent was not correct. I would've much preferred them to tell me they coudln't do it or that we needed a new vent rather than deal with water damage down the road.