Griffin Decks

Reviews for Griffin Decks

Colleen in Mississauga
Colleen in Mississauga

Backyard deck

We needed to replace our old deck so I got Mike's number from a friend who had used his company last year for their deck. He was very responsive to my calls, came to discuss the project and gave me a reasonable price. Mike removed the old deck, had the new footings put in, materials delivered and new deck built within 2 weeks, and without requiring an upfront deposit. The actual building of the deck only took a day! Mike and his workers did a great job and we're looking forward to enjoying our deck this summer.

Suzanne from Toronto
Suzanne from Toronto

Replace old deck

Mike gave us a quote including all costs, with no surprises. We texted back and forth to confirm the details and once the decision was made, he gave me a date for the work to begin. Everything happened in sequence: day 1 demo; day 2: digging the holes; pouring cement and placing the metal post base; day 3: materials were delivered; day 4: the build (which actually took half a day). After the work was done they cleaned up the area.

We are very happy that we went with Griffin Decks and would recommend them to anyone.

We love our new deck!

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Deck Installation

I gave Griffin Decks a call near the end of April.
Mike came and gave us a quote the next day.
He explained what was and wasn't included in the quoted price and the appropriate time the job would be started. He also mentioned that it woud be done in one day. Well the lumber was dropped off yesterday May 8th and my new deck is finished today May 9th.
They did a great job, very professional and cleaned up the site when done.
I would highly recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Gary Rennie from Toronto
Gary Rennie from Toronto

Build a new deck off the back of my house

I searched the Internet and the Better Business Bureau for reports on contractors that received good reviews for the work they performed. Griffin Decks came up positive. I then made an appointment with Mike Griffin to create the specs for the dream deck that I had envisioned. As a retired Senior Operation Manager from the financial services industry, I learned to trust my instincts when dealing with outside suppliers. For Mike, all my instincts said that I am am dealing with a straight forward and honest contractor who will do all that he claims. I was not disappointed and would recommend Mike and his team to anyone.

Mr Polistico from Vaughan
Mr Polistico from Vaughan

Rebuilding a Deck

I was very happy with Griffin Decks and would use them again. I had an old, out of code, existing deck that needed to be replaced. It accesses the second floor back door so it was important to have it done correctly and safely while still looking good. They are very friendly and helpful people. They gave a competitive estimate to replace the entire deck and build a new one using the latest decking materials. They advised on the design, worked with the township to get it approved and built a beautiful, sturdy deck. They are some of the nicest and most professional contractors I have ever met.

geoff seeley from Brampton
geoff seeley from Brampton

deck replacement

Called Mike for an estimate in April and he gave me one in e-mail for approximate price. Came to house to firm up, show us some pictures and gave us some ideas and options. Mikes crew came in and took away old deck. A couple of days later crew came in to dig post holes. Lumber was delivered day before deck built . Mike kept in contact thru all the processes letting you know what was happening. Deck was built in one day and Mike took no money until job was complete. Mike and his crew even reinforced my steps to the existing pool deck at no charge. We went a little bigger than the previous deck and went with black railing around deck. Deck looks great and was completed start to finish in less than a month. Would use and recommend Griffin Decks again.

Valeri in Etobicoke
Valeri in Etobicoke
9 reviews ETOBICOKE, ON

Deck Replacement

Griffin Decks replaced our old deck with the brand new, beautiful one. Mike is very easy to deal with, honest, approachable, great communicator. He returned my voice message (something that many contractors don't) on Monday and came over to my place the same day, gave me exact estimate, answered all my questions, offered valuable recommendations how to stay within the budget and did not push me into signing any contracts. I saw it was a complete package and I hired Mike on the spot.

Here how it went – and it's an example of a well-planned project: Friday of the same week his crew demolished and removed the old deck; plus poured concrete for all posts' foundations. Saturday morning materials were delivered on my driveway and the rest of the day was left to let the concrete to harden. Sunday Mike's crew came early in the morning and did the entire job in 4 hours. I could not believe my eyes. The efficiency of his crew is hard to imagine until you see it. Quality was not sacrificed in any way – everything was done to precision. Mike insisted that I pay them only after the whole job is done and I am 100% satisfied. And that is exactly how it happened.

So, if you are looking to build a deck, I strongly recommend you give Mike a phone call; you'll be glad you did.

john elliott from Brampton
john elliott from Brampton

Deck

Our old deck was falling to pieces so we contacted Mike who came to our home laid out the plans for a new deck. Mike is very knowledgeable and upfront. He did not even ask us to pay anything until the deck was finished and we were happy with the completed project. (and we were very happy !!)
His crew are very professional and personable and did a great job of cleaning up after they left.
You will be hard pressed to find a better deck installer than Griffin Decks.

SUNDARI YEGNA from Mississauga
SUNDARI YEGNA from Mississauga

New Deck

Mike @Griffin Decks is extremely professional and his crew is amazing. We were not sure what kind of a deck would look good in our backyard. Mike had nice design ideas and he recommended us something that would look really nice for our house and the backyard. Although we couldn't completely visualize it at that time, we trusted Mike for his years of experience in the industry and the deck turned out to be simply stunning. Mike's quote was very affordable and he didnt oversell anything to us. In fact, he is even suggested to us to go with a smaller deck because anything bigger would not be very useful in terms of functionality. We were very impressed because these days people try to oversell things to customers but Mike was very honest that way. They were punctual and didn't waste a minute on construction day. We would be very happy to recommend Mike and his company to anyone who is looking to get their decks done.

sonja in Brampton
sonja in Brampton

New deck with privacy screens

I almost went with another company but something didn't feel right about the guy so I looked him up on Homestars and saw he had a very bad rating which prompted me to look for another contractor to do our deck. I found Griffin Decks and after reading the reviews I felt he sounded like someone we should have come quote on the project. We are so glad we came across Griffin Decks in our search because we couldn't be happier with the job these guys did on our deck. Mike was very professional and most importantly polite. He gave us suggestions for the design and worked easily with my ideas and was also able to show several photos of his previous projects he's worked on which helped us feel comfortable about moving forward and knowing we were on the same page with the design of the deck. As far as construction, everything went very well and the deck was literally built in about 4 hours. We could not believe how quickly they finished it. The end result is stunning, our backyard now feels like a private oasis. I should also add I was pleasantly surprised that there was no scrap wood, nails, screws or other building materials left behind. Our yard was spotless! Thanks Mike!

More about Griffin Decks

With our experience lying in structural framing we only do decks from early spring to late summer. Over the winter we do framing jobs as well as hardwood installation.
Looking for Decks pros in Toronto?