669 Ridley Pl, Suite 203 Delta BC V3M 6Z7

Reviews for Great Canadian Van Lines

Steve in Edmonton
Steve in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Cross Canada Furniture Move.

My family had furniture moved from London, Ontario to mine and my sons house in Edmonton and Sherwood Park, Alberta. Most of the furniture was antique. Almost 250 years old and even though it was build very sturdy, had to be handled carefully. I'm very happy to say that it was delivered to both residences without any issues. No damage at all to the freight or newly painted walls. The dedication and service that these moving men extended to me went beyond my expectations. I was sure that I would have to pay a shuttle charge for a smaller truck to deliver to me. Since I live in a keyhole crescent and my son is in a condominium complex. The driver backed down 2 streets to get to the front of my house and both him and his helper carried some furniture about a city block just to help me out. In very cold weather too. Wade and Eli went outside the box for me and I would use them again in a heartbeat! Great Canadian Van Lines did an exceptional job for me.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines and posting a review of your experience.
To back down 2 streets in an 80 foot tractor trailer takes a real pro. We're happy to hear Wade and his crew went above and beyond your expectations and will let them know.
Great Canadian Van Lines Customer Service

Justme in Cambridge
Justme in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Moving services

We moved from BC to Ontario in the dead of winter. We received excellent service. The packing was well done by courteous professional individuals. The unloading team were equally professional and worked hard. Wade, our driver, and team leader, was very easy to work with. He kept us informed along the way and took responsibility for the truck contents.
We have moved multiple times and had some very bad experiences but I would recommend this company to anyone.

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We will pass on your comments to Wade and his crew.
We hope we can be of service to you in the future.
Great Canadian Van Lines Customer Service

Kimberly in Delta
Kimberly in Delta

Moving from Victoria BC to London Ontario

This is a very reliable company and very professional. After researching several moving companies, i decided to use this company. The estimate was based on weight, and again i was advised that if the weight was over then the cost would be more. I was emailed and contacted on several occasions with regards to the cost. Everything was clearly explained. When the driver Cole arrived at my residence, not only was he professional, he was careful to pack the belongings that were not in boxes and carefully made sure that everything was packed properly. Cole and his helper were very considerate of my belongings and after my belongings were on the truck, he took a picture to show me. My belongings arrived and i have pretty much unpacked, and so far not one thing is broken, and no scratches on any furniture.. I also received my final weight and i was under, this company did not hesitate to refund the difference..I would definitely recommend this company and its driver Cole to anyone that is considering a long distance move.. With all the bad moving companies out there, this one has truly been a success

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your moving experience with Great Canadian Van Lines.
We will pass on your comments to Cole and his crew.
We hope you are enjoying your new home in Ontario and that we can be of service to you in the future.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Dreadful

We went from Vancouver to Calgary. The worst company I've ever dealt with:

- Misquoted us by about $1,000
- Broke valuables and only paid for half of, after much conjouling
- Told us they'd deliver for a particular date and time and ended up being days late with no apology or proactive communication. We took time off work for this!
- I constantly had to check in with them to ensure they did their job and scheduled us in. This was after them taking our deposit.
-Charged us for putting back together equipment but put it back incorrectly

We also watched as the movers opened up their truck door and our precious fitness equipment crashed onto the cold concrete ground. They didn't have the skillset to pack our gear effectively.

Getting our money for damages was a huge hassle and negotiation. I had to threaten legal action. Do not be fooled by their "included" $9,000 insurance policy!

Lindsay, as you are aware your settlement for your claim which you agreed upon on August 10, 2018 was mailed out to you. There was a delay for you to receive the cheque because you submitted an incorrect mailing address on your claim form.

Based on your written email correspondence you indicated that your concerns were resolved. There was no threat of legal action to come to a conclusion of the settlement.
Now more than three months later you have surfaced with false accusations.

We have a copy of your original moving estimate provided to you May 24, 2018 by our agent A to B Moving and the estimated weight was 2877 lbs based on the list of goods you provided. Then on May 25, 2018 you requested a revised estimate (without any of your gym equipment or weights included) which came in at 1500 lbs. You advised your salesperson on June 13, 2018 that, “the weight may be bumped up to 2000 lb.” Here is the email you sent:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
From: Lindsay Bonnett
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:51 AM
To: A to B Moving ; Jas Manhas
Subject: Re: Payment Receipt for Registered Move 48457

Hi,

Can you tell me the time you’ll be coming on June 26? My partner will be flying in to supervise.

Also, the weight may be bumped up to 2000 lb.

Thanks,

Your actual scaled weight of your shipment was 2645 lbs. which came in lower than the original estimated weight of 2877 lbs which included the gym equipment and weights (that were shipped).

Your pickup date on your contract was June 25, 2018 and your delivery period on the contract was July 1st to 3rd. Unfortunately, due to the driver having trailer brake issues he arrived one day late (July 4th) which you were notified of.

On your claim form you never stated that any valuables were broken and that a piece of equipment was put back together incorrectly. You only indicated a ding and scratch on a metal garbage can, a desk was scratched and that a barbell was scratched – which you were compensated for and agreed to. Here is the email of the revised compensation offer and your agreement:

---------- Forwarded message ---------

That's better for us.

Thank you.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 com> wrote:
Hi Lindsay,

The Claim Review Team, using an average of 9 Rogue Barbells, have authorised an increase in compensation to $378 which is $108 more than the valuation you purchased and qualify for.

A cheque in the amount of $707 will be forwarded to your mailing address.

Thank you.

Customer Service
*end of email*_________________________________________________________________________________________

We tried to contact you but the number we have on file is no longer in service so we reached out to you by email to call us to discuss.
We can be reached at 1-800-665-0055.

Private User reviews Delta, BC

moving across Canada

Decided to move back to Kingston. Your mover David Serena went above and beyond his duties. He single handed completed the move as his partner was ill that day. He was pleasant and courteous. I wish I could have done something to help him but I am too old.

Thank you for your review and we will pass on your comments to David. Thank you for choosing Great Canadian Van Lines for your move back to Kingston.
We hope we can be of service to you again in the future if needed.

Bell in Delta
Bell in Delta

Service

I send my staff with this company from Edmonton Alberta to Montréal Quebec.At first I was little bit uncomfortable with price can go up when they take everything to the scale and second when I saw two movers I was thinking about time ( is gonna be all a day).
No, it was a good experience good and professional movers in Edmonton and Montréal both was A amazing number one.No broken staffs everything was good.

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We will pass your comments on to the crew and hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Private User reviews Prince George, BC

Moved from Surrey to Prince Goerge

We moved from Surrey to Prince George and Great Canadian Van lines did a great job. They were on top of things in terms of communication, did everything they could for us to accommodate our timing and needs (even as things changed), their crew was professional and fast, and we received all of our goods undamaged. I would definitely recommend this company.

Gina
Gina

Moved from Burlington Ontario to Vancouver Island, British Columbia

It was the smoothest, easiest move I have ever experienced. From first contact to receipt of household items in B.C. the process, knowledgeable staff, efficiency, friendly movers were all top of the line. From start to finish it was a seamless and stress free experience.

Hi Gina,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines and submitting a review of your moving experience.
We hope you are enjoying beautiful BC and we can be of service to you again in the future.

Christina
Christina

Long Distance Move

I moved with Great Canadian Van Lines this summer and had to write a review of my move. From the very beginning until the final item was delivered we received exceptional service. We have to thank our driver Jai and crew for the amazing service they provided. I can't believe what a tough job these fellows do on a daily basis!
That you to the office staff at Great Canadian as well.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Great Canadian Van Lines.

Thank you for your review of your relocation which we will pass on to your driver Jai and his crew. They are amazing hard working guys who have a tough job!
We hope you are enjoying your new home and that we can be of service to you in the future.

Artie C in West Vancouver
Artie C in West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

if you use this company, don't buy the insurance.

We moved our belongings from Toronto to Vancouver. We recognized the fact that our belongings would be one of the many households stuffed in a moving truck and decided to purchase additional insurance and have the movers pack our televisions and computer screens. A few days following the move, we noticed that one of our televisions was severely damaged. I called the company and informed them of the broken television and they denied my claim stating that how were they to know that the tv wasn't damaged prior to the move. I was dumbfounded. Had I known that I had to prove that every item I was moving was in working condition before the move and then again afterwards, I would have picked another company. I bought additional insurance to cover incidentals such as this, but the company said that they would not cover the tv despite the insurance.

Bottom line - don't use this company, but if you must, DO NOT purchase the insurance.

A moving company cannot sell insurance, it can only be sold by a licensed insurance agent. Our company does offer valuation premium at a minimum of $6.00 per pound which this client purchased the minimum.
A claim was submitted for a damaged TV. The claim went through a review and as identified at pick up the TV's mechanical operating condition was unknow and indicated on the clients paperwork. After the review it was verified by the crew and client that there was no physical damage to the TV after the crew unpacked it. There was also no physical damage to the box that the TV was packed in. As a customer service gesture the client was sent a cheque for $325.00.

More about Great Canadian Van Lines

Great Canadian Van Lines was conceived in the late 1980’s and commenced operations in Calgary, Alberta in 1990. The company relocated to the greater Vancouver area in 1992 and has operated from this area for the over 25 years.

Great Canadian is one of the six major van lines operating in Canada and was established because one of the original start-up partners (Mark Valliant) determined there was an opportunity in the long distance moving market within Canada. The existing van line business within Canada had complicated pricing systems, long delivery spreads, and an insurance system that benefited long distance moving companies but not the end customer. So Mark and his team built GCVL on three principles:

Our Pricing System - was developed so rates could be provided quickly, were self explanatory, and most importantly – affordable.

Faster Delivery Times – We determined that delivery spreads (the number of days it took your goods to be delivered) were too long in the industry. So we created more direct routing and scheduling. This allows us to deliver goods faster than most carriers in Canada.

Valuation Premium (insurance) – To better protect your goods and to ensure their safe arrival, we developed a unique program with our agent / drivers. They are paid the majority of the valuation premium (insurance component of your moving charges with us) as an incentive to protect your goods. If your goods arrive safely they retain these funds and are thus paid a bonus for taking greater care. This results in happy customers and the lowest claim ratio in Canada.

We provide all of our customer with a Moving Process and a Customer Responsibility Form. These documents were designed with you in mind, and to help to guide you through each step of the moving process. Our job is to make sure you understand all of the important steps of your relocation from start to finish.