Great Canadian Van Lines

Freezy
Freezy
1 review Vancouver, BC

Household items move from BC to Manitoba

We moved from Vancouver to Winnipeg and felt we were taken care of very well by these folks. They were quick to come provide a quote, and were able to take care of all of our needs, including the car shipping. In the end, the price was significantly higher than the quoted price, but we expected that... we had a lot of books and records to ship.

Amar was the driver and he was totally excellent! Very professional, personable, and funny. Our items all arrived in perfect shape and the team in Winnipeg were incredibly fast and hard working. All in all very satisfied.

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. Amar is an amazing driver and we will pass on your remarks to him.
Hope you are enjoying your new home in Winnipeg and that we can be of service to you in the future.

maureen.mainwood
maureen.mainwood

Moving furniture from North Vancouver to Calgary in too drop off locations in Calgary

First of all Juvia in Vancouver (Sorry for the misspeling of her name )was so helpful and efficient on the phone and with further correspondance in emails.
Second of all the great guys both shipping from Vancouver and then the guys who unloaded were super. Efficient curtious,clean and so helpful. The one fellow who was the driver & mover from Edmonton was super I knew when he was coming and we got the stuff all delivered, on time and in great shape. It wasn't a big job just $1500.00 but they were loading stuff from my Mom's place in North Vancouver, as she had passed away and bringing to my house and my daughters also in Calgary. stuff that was precious to us.You should be proud of these workers , please pass these good wishes to them.
Maureen Mainwood a very happy customer.

Hi Maureen,
Thank you for submitting a review and we will pass on your comments to everyone involved in the relocation. Happy New Year!
From everyone at Great Canadian Van Lines

KIM in Delta
KIM in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Long Distance Move

I had to move to another province for work on short notice. This company was able to give me a time frame of when my furniture would arrive before picking it up. I chose this company for that reason. It was important to me to know when my furniture would arrive because I needed it there as soon as possible. I was not satisfied with other companies that told me they would pick up my furniture first then let me know when it would arrive. I also found the price to be very reasonable. The staff was professional and efficient. Even with a terrible snowstorm going on outside, they arrived at my new location on time. They were very organized which helped make a long distance move less stressful.

Hi Kim,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines and we're glad we were able to meet your time frame required.
Happy New Year and we hope you're enjoying your new residence.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Long Distance Move

Wonderful professional movers. They took great care with our expensive artwork and we're on time picking our stuff up and delivering. The dispatch team did a great job too! I would recommend GCVL to anyone who needs a mover!

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We will pass on your positive feedback to everyone involved in your relocation.
Happy New Year!
From all of us at Great Canadian Van Lines

Move from Vancouver to toronto

Great Canadian moved us from Vancouver to Toronto in September 2016. we hired them
For packing, disassembling , moving , storing to assembling, unpacking . But when our stuff came in first week of September, all my furniture was messed up. They lost all my furniture hardware, damaged my furniture and half of the boxes were missing along with other furniture . Now after sending them two legal notices , and trying to claim from INSURANCE WE bought from them, they are offering us peanuts and not trying to resolve the issue. I don't recommend anyone their services.

It was unfortunate that three of your boxes went missing and if they do turn up they will be returned but you have been compensated for them.
A Furniture Medic was sent out to your residence to put together your bed which was missing some bolts. You refused him access into your home to do this as you wanted Restoration Hardware bolts and not bolts purchased from another supplier. The repair agent advised you that the bolts would to the exact same job no matter where they were purchased.
When some of your items were delayed being delivered GCVL advised you to purchase mandatory items needed. You submitted receipts for a total of $3183.00 when only $402.00 were actual items.
There were no legal notices sent and we have dealt with all of your concerns.

Chay in North Vancouver
Chay in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Long distance moving & storage

A great company to deal with. Kathy who always got back promptly to me with answers helped and reassured me through this very stressful move. The driver, the packing and delivery crew were efficient and a cheerful bunch of people. I would use them anytime.

Hi Chay,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines and we will pass on your comments to everyone involved in your relocation.
We hope you are enjoying your new home and can be of service to you in the future.
Great Canadian Customer Service

Private User reviews Capital, BC

Trans Canada Move

I've heard so many horror stories about moving companies. However, I was very lucky to find a very professional moving company who prided itself in doing a good job from start to finish. I highly recommend GREAT Canadian Van Lines to
anyone contemplating a big move.

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Good reliable moving company

Overall, a great experience with GCVL- we moved from one province to another. They used blankets to wrap up everything, and they ensured everything arrived safely. Good communication with the driver- Amar- he arrived exactly when he said he would arrive. Would recommend to friends/families, and would use this company again for our next move.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Service

We had been recommended by friends to use Great Canadian Van Lines and were thrilled with the service we received upon requesting the initial quote to the staff coming to pack and transport all our belongings to our new home.

I would highly recommend Great Canadian Van lines as they were very professional and prompt and would not hesitate to refer them to others that I know that are moving in the future.

More about Great Canadian Van Lines

Great Canadian Van Lines was conceived in the late 1980’s and commenced operations in Calgary, Alberta in 1990. The company relocated to the greater Vancouver area in 1992 and has operated from this area for the over 25 years.

Great Canadian is one of the six major van lines operating in Canada and was established because one of the original start-up partners (Mark Valliant) determined there was an opportunity in the long distance moving market within Canada. The existing van line business within Canada had complicated pricing systems, long delivery spreads, and an insurance system that benefited long distance moving companies but not the end customer. So Mark and his team built GCVL on three principles:

Our Pricing System - was developed so rates could be provided quickly, were self explanatory, and most importantly – affordable.

Faster Delivery Times – We determined that delivery spreads (the number of days it took your goods to be delivered) were too long in the industry. So we created more direct routing and scheduling. This allows us to deliver goods faster than most carriers in Canada.

Valuation Premium (insurance) – To better protect your goods and to ensure their safe arrival, we developed a unique program with our agent / drivers. They are paid the majority of the valuation premium (insurance component of your moving charges with us) as an incentive to protect your goods. If your goods arrive safely they retain these funds and are thus paid a bonus for taking greater care. This results in happy customers and the lowest claim ratio in Canada.

We provide all of our customer with a Moving Process and a Customer Responsibility Form. These documents were designed with you in mind, and to help to guide you through each step of the moving process. Our job is to make sure you understand all of the important steps of your relocation from start to finish.