Formerly Granite Transformations
513 Speers Rd Oakville ON L6K 2G4

Reviews for NuStone Transformations

123 in Oakville
123 in Oakville

Kitchen and bathroom counters and sink

Product is fine, the aesthetics of the kitchen is ruined though. Counters are now too high, unfinished underneath edge we keep scraping hands on. Slide-in electric range does not fit properly after counter height adjustment. Can't replace backsplash as counter now covers it. Looks terrible. Sinks are complete junk.
Would not recommend. Go with replacement counters, about same price.

Gary Murphy from Kitchener
Gary Murphy from Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Our 2 week kitchen renovation took 5 months to complete to our satisfaction due to repeated ordering errors and workmanship. We were without kitchen drawers for 5 months and we had to have all of the hinges replaced because the installer used an old model. Very disappointed with the after sales service. The customer service team has been unapologetic and indifferent.

Elaine carey
Elaine carey

Do not do business with this company!

Everything from the high pressure tactics of the salesman to the fact he “forgot” the office was closed for two weeks over Christmas so we would not get our new cabinet doors by the end of january but he took half the amount as a deposit anyway until Iprotested vehemently, to the installer who “eyeballed” the size of the major cabinets instead of measuring them, to the project co-ordination who quit suddenly but no one told us so called simply went unanswered went wrong. It took five months for a six-week job and then one cabinet couldn’t be installed at all. A request for a discount for all this aggravation was simply ignored.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

The most positive experience with tradespeople I've ever had.

My new kitchen counter-top was installed today. It's truly beautiful and fits perfectly -- and there were some tricky bits -- thanks in large part to the care, precision and skill of the installers, who also happened to be nice guys. In fact, the people at all the stages of this project (sales, measurement) were a pleasure to deal with. And to have my kitchen transformed in four hours with so little fuss -- priceless. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Marivic in Saint Thomas
Marivic in Saint Thomas
1 review Saint Thomas, ON

Countertops

Nice fast and installer very good in one day. The quality is very good saleswomen very good in measurement. They work very clean and clean all the mess.they even know how or do plumbing and electrical. Everything in one installer

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

shower redo

905-847-3554
513 Speers Rd
Oakville
L6K 2G4

Shower stall experience:
Had to do the job twice, it was so poor.
The drain got clogged with glue, we had to repair it.
Chipped bathroom floor, and wall with no compensation, still damaged.

Oakville client
Oakville client

Low quality, bad service

Working with this company has been a nightmare. They sell you garbage and don't stand behind their products. Their installers are disrespectful of your home, arrive hungover if they come to do the job at all.
After 1 year my paint is wiping off the cupboards. They say it's " wear and tear". We are a couple without children so wear is unlikely.
We spent a lot of money on refacing. I am truly so disappointed in this company. If this company is using a terrible supplier, change your supplier but stand behind your client. Don't tell me it's wear and tear after 1 year. This is rediculous ! I have shared my experience with many people including my decorator. This is not the way for you to keep business !

Fernando in Scarborough
Fernando in Scarborough

unexperienced, very expencive.

This company is the worst waste of money I’ve experienced in my life, from the beginning the sales rep will try to sell you the lowest quality material you can find for 5 times the money if you don't know what they will sell you, thermofoil cabinets for the price of real wood, after that, weeks passes by and we were not getting any information of when someone was going to come to do the “technical measurement” we had to call to follow up then they finally came, their installer doesn’t really know what they are doing, they left crocked cabinets, uneven spaces next to the appliances (the microwave did not fit) whatever they have to cut with a saw the paint will chip off and leave as it is, they will leave holes in drywall that you have to fix, they will not install back the appliances, they left my dishwasher in the living room,they unpacked all my cabinets on my front lawns when I left them space in the living room for that, I got 4 scratched doors, their countertop will have chips that you have to call for repair, the list goes on and on, they did the install In May, by September I got fed up with the installers trying to fix the issues, so I simply gave up and choose to end my transaction, at the end they only gave me a discount of 500 dollars, which is not even close to enough considering that I worked 2 days fixing drywalls and all the time I had to leave work so they can fix issues but only fixed half of the problems.

So far no calls from the manager (owner) or someone in there that actually care about customer experience, we called her at one point to notify the process was not going well. At the end I feel bad for the good amount of money I had to pay for a lot of stress and things not properly done.

Kitchen renovation

My kitchen had become shabby after many years since the last renovation but, while I wanted to smarten it up, I wanted a quicker and cleaner fix than a full scale renovation. I contracted Granite Transformations (now NuStone Transformations) to replace my cabinet doors and drawer-fronts, and install a new countertop on top of the old one.

My first contact was with Rob, who came well prepared with many samples and illustrations and answered all my questions prior to signing the contract.

For the cabinet doors and drawer-fronts, Hugh came and took a couple of hours to measure, then I waited while the pieces were made. Three weeks later, Hugh returned and installed all the new doors and drawer-fronts over a period of three days. No fuss, no mess, and very precise installation. On the last day Derek came to take measurements for the countertops and he created a complex template in about an hour.

One week later, Jay came and installed the new countertops directly on top of the old ones in a single afternoon. I was amazed how precisely and quickly the installation was done, and how well the sometimes quite complex pieces fit.

I am very happy with the work that was done. Everybody involved was very professional and skilled. As with any project, there were a couple of glitches but these were handled nicely and quickly by Kelsi, the project coordinator.

I am always nervous when hiring people to do work in my house because I have had several bad experiences in the past. This experience was all good!

Ian in Toronto
Ian in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

Well it started with a leaky tap, which led us to want to replace the sink with an under mount, which required a new countertop, which prompted us to start changing colours and a cabinet. After contacting several contractors, Granite Transformations was the only one that seemed capable of taking on the whole job and the only one willing to work on our downtown condo (at an additional fee).
Rob came for the sales pitch and a quote. We ended up agreeing to go with them, with a little push from a limited time discount being offered. GT would provide new doors throughout the kitchen, in two different colours, as well as a countertop with a waterfall feature and the accompanying sink and tap.
Initial time estimate was a 3 day install for the cupboards and 2 days for the countertop. The day before each install we got calls saying they would only need 2 days and 1 day respectively. In the end they took the full 3 for cupboards and 2 for the counter. Given we were prepared for that anyway, it wasn't a huge inconvenience.
The initial cupboard installed seemed good at first but seemed to speed up and cut corners in the afternoon to beat traffic... We asked for a different installed for the final day of finishing work and fixes to some of the shortcuts with the first installer.
The countertop was installed by Edgar, a spunky guy who has a lot of energy and a passion for countertops. He did a great job getting the countertop in.
As for the quality of the products; the paint finish on the cabinets is delicate. Mostly superficial marks that you don't see unless you're looking for them.
The countertop is interesting as it is only 1/4" thick. That's because these guys typically install over existing counters. For the undermount sink, instead of using clamps under the counter, the 5/8" plywood that serves as the structure/base of the counter holds it up. The sink won't detach from the counter, ever. Kind of nice. I would prefer a thicker counter overall, but it looks great and they were able to install without a seam in the middle of a peninsula, which was something everyone else said was impossible. Guess it is possible!

More about NuStone Transformations

A fusion of granites provides a countertop that fits on top of your exsisting without having to remove or dispose of your existing countertop. Our stone is heat, stain, and scratch resistent, and unlike ordinary stone, never neds to be sealed. A maintenance fre surface to last a lifetime! Ad ...
Looking for Countertops pros in Oakville?