Grand Floors Ltd

Reviews for Grand Floors Ltd

Monica W in Toronto
Monica W in Toronto

Laminate & Stairs

Very extensive selection, but simple to chose new floor when guided by the experienced staff. Had my carpet removed, and new laminate flooring installed in our rental property. Installer was very generous and even helped us move our large furniture back. Also had our steps refinished and matched to the laminate. Overall, super happy from start to finish.

Monica we had so much fun working with you in our showroom and planning your project. Looking forward to working together on your next rental or flip.

Beverley in Barrie
Beverley in Barrie

Flooring

Great friendly very knowledgeable staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Grand Floors. Delivery was very quick and was received when promised. My husband also received some installation tips from one of the installers. I would definitely recommend this company. Special thanks to Diana.

Thank you kindly for the feedback Beverley. Enjoy your new floors!

MIKE B in Barrie
MIKE B in Barrie

Floor sanding

I had this company come and install hardwood on a landing about 20 square feet and sand/refinish 400+ square feet of hardwood flooring in a dining room.A common occurance with a job like this is the home owners must leave the home for a few days. On the first day of the project I returned to our home to put out our weekly garbage for collection. I was surprised to see a pile of wood scattered on our porch and a garbage bag laying in the middle of the driveway. Further investigation into the house and it obvious this company does not take time to cover and protect the rest of the home from damage during their work. There were wood shavings all over our carpet stairs and tools laying everywhere against our glass closet doors and on top of our shoes. The landing was a complete disappointment as the hardwood laid around the railing post was not cut properly. They tried to pass off a piece of wood measuring 1cm x 1cm glued to the carpet as a finished product. This was eventually corrected after about 3 weeks. The sanding was wavy and not coated properly in various areas. After many hours spent on the internet researching this result , it was easy to determine the cause being improper sanding or a faulty machine. The result is called "chatter" or "blow out". I contacted an inspector from the National Hardwood Flooring Association and they also aggreed that the job was not correct. I presented this argument to Grand Floors and they offered to add 2 more coats of sealer to help correct the problem.It did not correct it. Now the floor is shiny AND wavy. I reluctantly paid the balance owing as I was not willing to drag this out anymore and tired of moving furniture. They did not offer any compensation or reduction in price based on the lack of satisfaction from us as the consumer. I would not recommend this company to anyone and I will never hire them for any work again. We chose this company from the start based on their presenattion of experience and quality workmanship. They were also the most expensive quote we received for the job. We were definitely fooled.

Sean Lucas from Barrie
Sean Lucas from Barrie
2 reviews Barrie, ON

Hardwood Floor Installation

Great service, installation and attention to detail. Gregory, Sebastian and Diana are all wonderful to work with. Have used Grand Floors to do my whole house in hardwood (Including 2 staircases) Unfortunately, I have run out of rooms for them to do !

It was a pleasure to service you over the years. Enjoy the new home improvements!

Kassandra Arbour from Barrie
Kassandra Arbour from Barrie

Flooring Renovation

Grand Floors was such great company to work with. They refinished and installed hardwood and laminate flooring in every room of the house. Our house feels brand new. We recommend Grand Floors to anyone who is looking for quality flooring and excellent service in the Barrie area!

Thank you Kassandra! Glad we could help by bringing some fresh flooring updates to your home and make it feel like new again.

R. Hall from Barrie
R. Hall from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

new flooring in laundry room and powder room

We first hired Grand Floors to install hardwood floors in our house when we were moving in. We were so pleased with Gregory and his team so we had them back twice to install laminate in our basement and kitchen/foyer. This summer there was no question about who would install new vinyl click tile(and remove the old ceramic tiles) in my laundry room and powder room. Sebastien was our installer and he was AMAZING. He showed courtesy and respect and was very considerate of me as a customer. He was hard working and made sure everything he did was above standard. Sebastien must be one of Grand Floors most valuable employees so be sure to ask for him as your installer.

From all of us at Grand Floors, thank your Mrs. Hall for the opportunity to work on your home time and time again. Always a pleasure working with you!

Patti from Barrie
Patti from Barrie

main floor living area

This is a famility owned business. I felt confident with them ther first time I walked into the store. They listened and helped me to make my decision. I would recommend them to all my friends and family. Before you make a decison on such an important part of your renovatoions I suggest you talk to them. They are the best!! Oh and by the way... My floor looks amazing!!!
Patti

Thank you Patti!
It was a pleasure working with you over the course of your home project. We hope you enjoy your flooring for years to come.

Melanie from Barrie
Melanie from Barrie
1 review Bolton, ON

Hardwood Floor

Grand Floors has not only excellent products, but great service that comes with it; so much so that after our first wonderful experience with Grand Floors there was no doubt in our mind to go with them again for hardwood floor in a new apartment. Our floors get tons of compliments & we couldn't be happier with the finished product :)

Melanie thank you so much for the feedback.
- From Teresa & Gregory

More about Grand Floors Ltd

Whether it is hardwood flooring, engineered and bamboo, laminates and cork, tiles and vinyl, stairs, trim or moulding, we know how valuable it is to provide our customers with a full flooring and service package, customized to their specific needs. Our passion resides in transforming our customer’s vision into reality ...