Gobelins Fine Linens

Lynda  from Old Toronto
Lynda from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

bedding

Poor customer service-rude employee Do Not Shop Here!
I purchased a quilt and 2 pillow shams at Gobelins, March 13, 2013. These items were on sale.
Unfortunately, when I got home I realized the pillow shams were queen and my pillows were standard.
I called the store, informed the salesclerk of my problem and asked if I could return the shams.
The salesclerk told me I could not receive a refund because I spent so much time deciding whether or not to buy the quilt (was unsure of the color) and the items were on sale.
I did spend time considering whether or not the color would work with my color scheme. The clerk was quite helpful. I was the only customer in the store. There may have been one other person come in while I was there.
I should have been informed at the time of purchase that there was no refund on sales merchandise.
When the clerk spoke to her manager, she was told I could have a refund only if I brought back the shams that day. I was unable to do this.
Therefore I had to go and buy myself queen pillows for the shams and will be unable to use them with my pillowcases which are standard.