Ginger's

95 Ronald Avenue Toronto ON M6B

Reviews for Ginger's

Private User reviews , ON

Products

Worst customer service ever. Bought a mirror there over 2 months ago and it’s still not in stock. Every time I call there’s an excuse as to where it is and or no one even calls back. I have had workmen renovating my home twice now and because the mirror is so late I need to re pay them to come back and hang it. For these prices you would expect a lot more these days. On a side note I bought 2 soap dishes that have both rusted. Great quality!!?

Noel in Richmond Hill
Noel in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Bathroom renovation

I bought a mirror for the bathroom for some basement bathroom renovation.The renovation took longer than we anticipated and when we wanted to install the mirror then we found out that the size isn't right. I took the mirror back try to exchange or return but they wouldn't help me and they flatly refused to even discuss return or exchange of mirror.
They have a very stupid policy of 7 days reurn only which the sales person never mentioned to us and it was never discussed when we picked up the mirror. They have a small writing on the bottom of the invoice about 7 day reurn policy which I am sure no one ever reads.
I bought a mirror for my bathroom upgrade project. My project was delayed for couple of months due to unseen circumstances. when we finally tried to use the mirror. It was the wrong size. I never even opened the original packaging and returned the mirror to the store for return or exchange .I talked with supervisor and asked for suggestion or help but she was very rude and didn't want to be flexible or discuss my problem. I will never deal with Ginger show room and will make sure all my friends and relatives know not to deal with Ginger show room. I also have lots of friends in the renovation business and will make sure they know and warn them of the unreasonable return policy of Ginger showroom located at 100 Miranda Avenue, Toronto, Ontario.
How could they be in a business of supplying home improvement accessories for kitchen and bath and have a 7 day policy when they are aware of delays and problems that can arise with such a projects. If they don't understand the potential problems with their customers then they shouldn't be in this business.
By the way most of their products are way over priced if you compare with other stores. Be ware

Peterinto in York
Peterinto in York

Big renovation

We made the mistake of buying Waterworks taps and faucets etc from Gingers. We bought for 3 bathrooms, the ones we wanted to be extra special. Well big mistake. Waterworks sucks, nothing fits, we have had a plumber come back multiple times to refit this shower set as nothing actually fits, he came again today and they had sent him the wrong part. Meanwhile I have to pay for all this. Do yourself a favor and don't touch waterwoks at all. We have Moen in another bathroom and it is great and feels great.

Bruce Cabbagetown
Bruce Cabbagetown

New Toilet

Horrible customer service. I complained to Gingers and Duravit about the flushing quality of the Stark III toilet we bought. I had to call Gingers several times to get a response. When I finally did get a reponse I was told by John Cook they'd had already left me a message, which they never did. During our conversation I was told the issues was with the plumging in my house and had nothing to do with the toilet. I was also they've sold many Duravit toiets and NEVER had a problem. However they would send someone to check out our pluming and if there was a problem we'd have to pay!!!!. The next day I went to Home Hardware and bought a Toto toilet and it works just perfectly!!!
For the price they charge I would expect much better customer service.

Tina in TO
Tina in TO

faucet purchase

Ginger's has some beautiful, expensive things. BUT it also has some beautiful, reasonably priced things -- and by "reasonable," I mean priced comparably to some of the mid- and higher-range equivalents (faucets, washroom fixtures, etc.) available at a big-box store like Home Depot.

Most recently, we were looking for a faucet -- and were under some pressure to find one quickly since our current one had developed a problem that couldn't easily be repaired. We looked at the options available at Home Depot, and were willing to spend a bit more, around $200-300, for something that would be attractive; yet there was only one that had the features we were looking for as well as an aesthetically acceptable design. I assumed that Ginger's would have little if anything in our price range. They did have much more costly options, but they also had many beautiful options to choose from that fit our budget. I was pleasantly surprised. The displays were also designed to be much more consumer-friendly; at Home Depot, the faucets were displayed on a panel above your head, so it was almost impossible to imagine what they would look like in your home. At Ginger's they were arrayed so that you could much more easily consider ergonomics and style.

This was our second excellent experience at Ginger's. The first time, we were looking for a bath fixture and I was admiring one that had a four-figure price tag on it, much more than we were planning to spend. We also needed something that we could take home that day. The salesman, Frank, helpfully showed us similar styles which we hadn't seen initially, and that were in a friendlier price range. We purchased one immediately, and have been really happy with it since.

I think that next time, we might just skip Home Depot, and go straight to Ginger's.

David Frankham from Port Dover
David Frankham from Port Dover
11 reviews Port Dover, ON

New Bathroom Fixtures

I wanted to upgrade the two bathroom fixtures in our master bathroom and went to Ginger's to see their selection. The store carries an amazing variety of very nice products. They carried a lot of high end brand names that are not found at the regular big box stores. I purchased two and installed them myself. Great customer service also.

Iris in Oakville
Iris in Oakville
3 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Bathroom Furniture & Accessories

Ginger's has very nice bathroom furniture & accessories, and we got everything from Ginger's for our bathrooms. They provide very good service, we installed the bathroom light from Ginger's couple years ago, and we need to replace the light bulb, but somehow, the manufacture is no longer providing/ using that light bulb, and we couldn't find the replacement anywhere. Since we are not able to change the light bulb, Ginger's had offered to change the light fixture for us, with the exact same look, and we are able to find the light bulb for this new model.

A in Downtown Toronto
A in Downtown Toronto

Bathroom renovation x 4 bathrooms

This store has terrible customer service: I am renovating 4 bathrooms and ordered many items and they weren't in stock - they didn't arrive when I was told they would and I had to keep calling - no one ever returned my calls and when they finally did deliver my items they forgot some. It took me forever to get ahold of someone. Four months later, I am still waiting for toilet seats (the toilets arrived after THREE months even though they told me six weeks and then didn't return my calls for the next several weeks so I could just find out the status of them). No one calls back at this store and when you ask to speak to a manager they are just indifferent. They have the best stuff and they know it and don't really care if you go there or not even if you're buying a lot because they have enough business. Their attitude was terrible - I would have been understanding about delays etc. but they didn't even call back or seem to care.

Downtown condo owner
Downtown condo owner

bathroom upgrades

We came here for bathroom upgrades and overall super impressed with selection and service. Downfall is they wouldn't honor "lifetime warranty" on part because the previous owner of our unit had purchased it.

Plumber in Scarborough
Plumber in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

plumbing

What can I say they are the best in the city for infomation about anything to do with plumbing. they sure know how to supply service.
They have one of the best parts and customer service departments in Ontario. there is a guy there by the name of John who everyone seems to go to for any infomation that acustomer or trade may need. I was there oneday and the poor guy had 6 people at his counter 1 customer was giving him such a hard time, but he kept his cool and also took care of the other people and myself with out loosing his cool. I could not do his job. He sure has patients Keep up the good work. what ever it is that you pay him it is not enough everytime i go on a job where your company supplied the plumbing I hear his name customers trades other retailers. They are very lucky to have such a asset.