Giant Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
Giant Carpet & Flooring

Reviews for Giant Carpet & Flooring

Flooring

Recently purchased some laminate and carpet from Giant Carpet. The laminate was delivered free of cost several days prior to installation. Installtion day both the carpet and laminate installers came shortly after 9, as I was told by the salesman. The installation was very professional and the installers were nothing but kind and efficient. By the end of the day the installers were out and did an amazing job, no mess and certainly no visible mistakes! Nothing but great things to say about this company. Highly recommend using Giant for all your florring needs. Great job guys!

m in Barrie
m in Barrie

Giant Carpet Verbal Assault

Today I was verbally assaulted at the Giant Carpet store.
Last week I purchased a runner and foiyer area rug for my new home (quite small). They charged me $180 upfront and told me it would be bounded and be ready on Mon or Tues. I dont like to pay for a product ahead, but agreed. I went there today, Thursday, and it was not there. The attendant had no idea. We then saw my order sitting on the ground without any protective plastic around and without having been bound. It never left the store. Naturally I was frustrated. I told him we had been waiting and that it was promised for Mon. The attendant decided to call the manager/owner. The guy came with a huge dog, without the leash. His attitude was of total disdain, which did not please me. So, I told them I was upset that no one called. I found a lack of organization as they couldn't even find my order. I asked for a refund.

The manager/owner called me a "b----", told me to "shut your trap, shut your mouth". Called me "ugly" and told his attendant to "give her refund and get rid of her". By now the huge dog was all over me and the guy looked like he wanted to scare me with the dog.

I was horrified. I told him what I thought of his manners with a customer. I took his picture and he told me I could take as many pictures as I wanted.
So I did. This was at Giant Carpet in the south of Barrie.

L.B from Barrie
L.B from Barrie

Carpet Intallation

I had carpet installed on my staircase 2 yrs ago and am still waiting for follow up seam repair. I have called many times and spoke to the owner last time and am still waiting!..Although I am happy with the product the follow up of customer service is unacceptable.

Alicia from Stayner
Alicia from Stayner
1 review Stayner, ON

CARPET

I will never shop here again, and I encourage others to avoid this store. I was absolutely appalled with the way I was spoken to and the complete lack of customer service. We purchased new carpet for our home and were told that it was high quality stain proof carpet, which was important as we are pet owners. There are a couple of spots that have been stained and will not come out (even with professional cleaning), and the carpet is pilling up everywhere. It looks like crap. When I called to inquire as to what could be done I was spoken to like a child, and the guy actually said "your dog pissed on the carpet, what would you like me to do about it!" We were told that it would not stain when we bought it, that is why we went with them. I am disgusted by their rudeness, and I highly recommend staying away from this company. They obviously make false claims in order to make a sale.

Kim from Barrie
Kim from Barrie

carpet runner on stairs

We made a huge mistake having giant carpet install our runners for our round staircase. First off we specifically asked the associate to send one of his best installers as our stair case is completely open from top to bottom and all angles can been seen. The cuts didn't even line up leaving huge gabs, didn't even use enough staples or when he did he used way too many. I had to basically tell him how to do his job and show him all the imperfections. I will never go with giant carpet for anything ever again. Its sad they employ people that ultimately don't have pride in they work they do and cant even notice huge mistakes they've made. And when we called after the first day we feel like the owner didn't really care and that he would tell him to fix it the following day. He did return but again I felt like I was telling him how to fix the problems. The installer also made a comment to me saying how he hasn't done a round staircase in a long time. This really upset us as we made the request to have a good installer that knew what he was doing and clearly the associate didn't do his best to have the right guy come do the job.

T.O.
T.O.
3 reviews Thornton, ON

Living room carpet

Don't buy from Giant Carpet. The installation was good - installers very good. They indicated that the transition strips were incorrectly ordered by the salesman and said they would inform Giant Carpet so they could be replaced. I called the salesman and got a bit of a run around. Said he would call back. Never happened. Called many times and finally spoke to the owner and he was extremely rude! Not the kind of customer service one would expect. Having been in upper management in service and support, in both large and small companies, I fully realize the value of treating customer fairly and with respect. This situation has caused me to write an unfavourable review. Don't they know how damaging one irate customer can be? This fix would cost them very little and I'm sure under $100.00. Why jeopardize future business? I wanted to have other rooms in the house done, but I will not use Giant Carpet.

Aaron  from Barrie
Aaron from Barrie

Giant Carpet Install

Giant Carpet Barrie, Ont
This was the worst company I have ever dealt with. The seam is absolutely horrible and the installer said that was as good as he could do and that the sales person should've told me that the seam would be bad. Now the store won't return my call. The owner won't come look and simply said I shouldn't have been so cheap ny purchasing his cheapest carpet.

Daniel in Thornhill
Daniel in Thornhill
10 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Whole home carpet installation

The salesman was very helpful in helping us choose a high quality carpet for our home. The installers were very professional and did not cut any corners in the installation. Great job.

cracker82
cracker82
1 review North York, ON

Renovation

I like this company coz it provide good serivces. That's my 2 cents. I suggest you call a guy called Mike he is good at what he is doing. Also the price is not bad at all. Please try it next time when you need.

Leanne - Carleton Place
Leanne - Carleton Place
1 review Carleton Place, ON

Basement

1st strike - I ordered my carpet on August 13 to be installed on August 21. I received a call while in the hospital (just delivered a baby on August 17) that they would have to install it on August 22.
2nd strike - Received a call by the salesman stating there were holes in the carpet and that he could give 300.00 off if we accepted it. We then accepted and he stated he could only give 160.00 off, that it would be cheaper to have it replaced, so replaced it is.
3rd strike - Walking in the room that had the holes in the carpet I found a bump, like the underpad had separated. Contacted them and they said they would send someone. They arrived the following Saturday and repaired the underpad it was not taped as it should of been.
4th & 5th Strike - Oct 28 - I am charged again by Head Office for the carpet on my Visa. I contacted Ottawa office 6 times from Oct 30 to Nov 11, to state that this has occurred.(I have alot of spare time with a newborn and this is how I would like to spend it "NOT") It is November 12 and it is still on my visa. They told me that when the discount (NICE - A discount for carpets with holes) was applied to my visa it was charged again for the whole thing. I used them once before 4 years ago and it was great, it was installed, I paid for it and nothing more. I would never use them again!!!!