Gerrard Glass & Mirrors Ltd

Reviews for Gerrard Glass & Mirrors Ltd

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Simple glass shelves

March 1st I ordered 3 shelves of tempered glass. i also requested to have them done with a rush order (at an additional cost) and told to call the store back on march 5th.

I called them this morning and rather than addressing the concerns, the individual that answered the phone merely told me that the order would take an additional two weeks.

I requested to speak with the owner and have been on hold, sometimes wiht the call disconnecting and me having to call back, for over an hour now.

This shop is a complete joke

I agree with all the other comments about this place. Avoid at all costs. I will have to address the charge they took to my credit card as they are willing to cancel the order, but not refund the purchase cost.

Tyler in Toronto
Tyler in Toronto

home windows

I had my living room windows replaced. Myles and Sherri helped me get started on what was needed and the pricing, there installer was vary polite when he came to measure. The frame and window did not happen within the given time frame but it was not unexpected with the stile of window frame i was looking for. When the installation was dun i was impurest with how fast and clean thy where. I would recommend this company with it's new owners to everyone.

I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with our services! We look forward to working together again!

Victor in Toronto
Victor in Toronto

Condo glass

I had them do an initial glass installation at the condo. George, who came to give the quote was really friendly. The other man was too. They both were very good.

However, after the installation, I noticed a flaw in the glass. It was one of those black dots.

My main issue is with their in-store front desk personnel. For some reason, communication is extremely poor. I called them for another job and also emailed them and never heard a response. It's as though they don't care for any jobs. Also, their glass products are really expensive.

On the bright side, because they didn't respond to my multiple attempts to contact them, I ended up going to another glass company for my other condo and had a received a better product, with better customer service, and at a cheaper price!!! I guess things always work out in the end!

Mirror

I ordered a mirror with polished edges. It was done quickly but I was told to bring a blanket to wrap it in! They don't package it up for transport? No corner foam edges... Very odd. When I received the mirror it was chipped, had tiny black dots on it. The edges were not polished and the grey backing wasn't even to the edges. When I phoned, the lady told me she looked at it and there was no chip. She did not offer to redo it and showed no interest in making it right.

I am sorry to hear about this experience. We pride ourselves in our products and services. I, personally took over the business in 2015 so in the future, if you need anything you may contact me directly and I will gladly help.

andre of ave'n dav
andre of ave'n dav

replace large glass in window

the glass in our 6 foot front window had to be replaced because of condensation between the panes. george and his crew did an excellent job replacing the glass. they were friendly, neat and efficient. the price was fair. highly recommended.

Leah Ames from Toronto
Leah Ames from Toronto

glass

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE. BUYER BEWARE.
Order made wrong. Money not returned. RUDE RUDE RUDE after trying to settle this amicably. I know only complaints make these boards but please note there are very few positive words on this company.

PJ from Toronto
PJ from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Service

UNPROFESSIONAL ! I went to have a mirror cut for a Circular fram that I had customed made. When I picked up my finish mirror a week later, the mirror is unevenly cut 0,25" gap between the frame and the mirror in some areas AND my custom frame is full of black marker !
I was ask to pay in full and only got a " SORRY SIR !"
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE PEOPLES !!!!

dsb in Riverdale
dsb in Riverdale

Mirror and painted glass backsplash

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. You will regret it.

Everything was fine until the retail manager I was working with was let go or left this spring. Then, all of a sudden, there was nobody in the business who knew anything about any previous orders. They actually seemed to resent me for having a customer connection to the employee that had left. In addition to taking much longer than they estimated to fulfill my order, the actual installation of a painted glass backsplash was performed in rushed and sloppy manner. They left a messy, massive bead of dirty silicone smeared across the painted walls above the glass. It required a lot of effort to get them to return to deal with that mess.

First, they booked a time they said they would come to complete the task and never showed up, and never called either. Glad I took time off work to wait for them. Then, they showed up on a different day, unannounced, and demanded that my children's caregiver let them into the house to work even though she said they should call me and come at another time. The owner or manager never followed through with me about this job, or the clean up work. Instead, I get a message from the office manager demanding payment for the job. When I left messages expressing my lingering concerns about the work and requesting follow up, nobody called me back.

Several months later, I received a letter from a collection agency demanding payment and threatening to demolish my credit rating if I don't pay right away. I called Gerrard Glass, told them I was willing to settle with them right away if they would deal with my concerns about the work and remove me from the collection agency's list. The clerk told me that there were a big pile of unpaid accounts, dating back a year or more each, that had been sent to debt collection and the owner George decided to throw my account into that pile. We're only five months past our last exchanges. I requested that they reconsider this, and offered to deal with this quickly and directly. They refused, were rude about it, and are forcing me to deal with the debt collectors.

Sound appealing? I've really never witnessed worse customer service. I've now renovated two homes and this has to be the absolute worst conduct on the part of a supplier that I ever experienced.

There are lots of glaziers in town, my advice is that you steer wide of George, the owner, and Gerrard Glass. Buy your glass and mirrors elsewhere. You'll be much happier.

SteveN from Mississauga
SteveN from Mississauga

Shower door

I attempted to use this company to replace a damaged shower door that they had originally installed 6 years earlier and they're local to me. I don't know what the problem was but I got tired of the excuses as to why I wasn't get a call back or an official quote. While I attempted to work with local I was much better off using the first company that appeared on my Internet search. This company does measurements with a tape measure and the company I ended up using came in with laser devices to ensure a proper fit.

Ian Z from Toronto
Ian Z from Toronto

Custom Mirrors

Hi
I want to share a VERY unprofessional experience that I've had with Gerrard Glass.

Last week, I called in a custom order for 2 vanity mirrors. I provided the specific dimensions, a credit card, and was provided back a 5-7 day timeline for delivery.

On day 7, I called in requesting an update as I hadn't heard back from anyone at Gerrard Glass. The individual who helped me informed me that the woman who took my order was no longer with Gerrard Glass, and instead of helping me sort out the fact that regardless of Gerrard Glass taking my credit card, ship to information and requirements, they never placed the order with the custom manufacturer.

Further to that, their employee was down right rude, blaming me for the issues rather than helping fix this.

I have delayed a house appraisal waiting on this delivery due to not having these mirrors. It is unacceptable that the staff has not done anything to fix this issue.

When I requested this be fixed and Gerrard Glass to expedite an order to fix this issue, I was told no, and that I was being unreasonable.

This is absolutely one of the worst customer service experiences I have EVER encountered. Further to that, I flip houses on a regular basis and will NOT be recommending or using Gerrard Glass on any projects moving forward.

My order was simple; 2 custom mirors, both with polished edges:
1. 33" x60" -$144
2. 48" x 79" - $258

Regardless of the employee that is no longer with them, the RIGHT thing to do would have been to keep the customer happy. Instead, the employee there was completely unhelpful over the phone, and frankly, down right rude while addressing my concerns.

I cannot believe how poorly this was handled, and frankly this person should NOT be interacting with the public if this is the type of experience others can expect.

This place is a 0 out of 5. I highly recommend going elsewhere for your mirror/glass needs.