Insulation
George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

Reviews for George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Windows Installation

After much research and meeting with awesome sales rep. Kevin, we decided to have our worn out windows replaced by George Kent. The battle with the Ford government to honour the Green ON rebate was lost by us but we strongly believe that blame cannot be placed on independent businesses in that bureaucratic process.
The George Kent team was able to have our windows installed before the year end and I couldn't be more pleased. My windows look amazing!
Justin and his colleague were professional, respectful, courteous and very tidy!
The George Kent team did not disappoint; in fact the exceeded my expectations!
Thank you and I look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Thank you for posting your review and for your understanding of the problems caused by the Ford government cancelling the program. We look forward to servicing you again.

D. Marner
D. Marner
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Window Installation

I recently had my windows done by George Kent for the coming winter. Everyone from the installation guys to the sales associate Kevin were nothing but professional and courteous. Not only was the job done within my budget, but timelines were met and to my satisfaction safety protocols were closely followed which is important to me. I would highly recommend George Kent to all my family and friends for any renovation they are looking to have done.

Thank you again George Kent Team!!

Thank you and I will pass your sentiments on to the team

Tom M from Toronto
Tom M from Toronto

Great from start to finish

Our overall experience with George Kent has been quite positive. Starting with our sales rep Keven taking the time to guide us through our window purchase.

We had our windows replaced by Lonnie, Shawn and Matt.

Lonnie and his team were extremely professional and personable. They did great work and cleaned up after themselves as the work progressed. Even under some really adverse weather conditions, they maintained a calm and positive attitude towards the work and us as clients.

The installation of the windows looks great from both the inside and outside. Lonnie, Shawn and Matt all worked well and did a great job.

We would highly recomend our sales rep Keven we would also highly Lonnie, Shawn and Matt as a great installation team.

Every interaction with George Kent has been positive from sales, installation, Maria in the office, all the way up the organization to Wayne Palmer. A great all round team.

Thank you Tom for your kind words and I will be sure to pass them on to the staff.

Renovations in Toronto
Renovations in Toronto

Replacing old windows

We got in touch with George Kent via Rona. The sales person came for a visit and gave us a quote. We went ahead with the job. It look a little while before they could install as it was busy season. However, we did appreciate that Maria from the head office kept in touch and provided updates. After the installation was complete, some of the windows were sealed with a different caulking (shiny vs. matte). After some emails and calls, the installers came back and fixed it. The installer said they had just used the wrong material. We appreciated that they fixed it. Overall, happy with the job and the service. We would use them again if we needed windows replaced.

Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to doing work for you in the future

KathrynH in Toronto
KathrynH in Toronto

Above and beyond customer service

It's rare to find anyone in the home improvement industry as professional, knowledgeable, and generous with their time as Robert at George Kent. I have a tricky problem with insulating a part of my home, and Robert approached the issue with so much creativity and enthusiasm. A real pleasure to work with and definitely someone I trust.

Thank you and I will be sure to pass your comments on to Robert

Buddy boy  in Mississauga
Buddy boy in Mississauga

Professional Insulation Installation

The installation crew of Atilla and Shaun did a professional and fantastic job putting in the baffles then putting in two feet of insulation
They laid down floor covering first before bringing in equipment and cleaned up very thoroughly all in two hours.
Fantastic job and I would for sure recommend George Kent Home Improvements to anyone.
What a job!

Thank you for your comments and we will certainly pass them on to the crew.

lara in Scarborough
lara in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

installation of new windows

this company was very professional, friendly and clean did an amazing job on our windows, provided clear and easy to understand information. i would highly recommend them most definitely ten out of ten!

Thank you for your review and please tell your family and friends as we rely on referrals for most of our business

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

Windows and insulation

I signed a contract to do windows and insulation under the Green Ontario program the insulation took a while but finally got done and I was very happy. The windows are another story I was told many times they could not give me answers until finally time ran out and I was left without qualifying for my rebate. At first I was very angry especially with the staff that could not give me answers, I now realize after venting to my friends and people that I work with that I am not alone. The only difference I have found is that Georg Kent Home Improvements has tried to help by coming up with different offers or full refund of my deposit, where one of my work friends was told by the company they used if he cancels he loses his deposit because it is not their problem it was a government program. I am embarrassed to say I was very angry with the staff on the phones but now realize the situation they were in and will apologize and accept one of the offers. I will post my experience once I finally receive my windows.
Mike

Thank you for understanding the situation as it has been a very stressful year for everyone

marcogolf007
marcogolf007
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Putting in a bran new front door and frame

The work done to remove the old door and frame and installing the new door and frame was done in a professional and curtius manner and looks Great !! Thank you . Looking forward to seeing you again to continue the fine work.

Thank you for your review and we hope to do more work for you in the future.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Insulation

Almost every room in my house was a different temperature and I didn't know why? Was it the windows,? Not enough insulation in the walls? I didn't know anything about insulation. I had 3 salespeople give me a quote, the George Kent salesperson was by far the most professional and knowledgeable.
He took the time to measure the temperature of the ceiling in the corners of my second floor rooms- they were almost the same temperature as outside! He explained to me the cause of the temperature fluctuations in my house and show me a video of the current condition of my attic, the problem spots and how they were going to make it right. He educated me about insulation, air flow, vents, etc. He answered my questions and was thorough explaining the work that had to be done.
The installation team was equally fantastic. Polite, courteous and professional.
I would definitely recommend them - and will use them next year when I replace my windows and front door.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to helping you with your windows & doors

More about George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

George Kent first opened in 1949 and has since completed over 80,000 installations. We offer home improvement services for the entire Greater Toronto Area from Oshawa, to Newmarket, to Orangeville, to Burlington, including Oakville, Milton, Brampton, Woodbridge, Mississauga, Etobicoke and all of southern Ontario.
With this many years of experience, our reputation speaks for itself. We are the only home improvement company in the GTA that offers a lifetime warranty on the original installation for our windows and roofing. In comparison, most box stores offer 1 year on the labour and our best competitors offer 5 years.

We specialize in:
* Windows: Enerview Window and Door Solutions, Vinylbilt, Neat Glass, Energy Star, ecoEnergy, Pella, Laminated Sound Reduction Glass
* Window Styles: Casement, Awning, Double Hung, Single Hung, Double Tilt Slider, Single Tilt Slider, Double Lift Out Slider, Single Lift Out Slider, Low Profile Fixed, High Profile Fixed, Custom Shapes, Greenhouses, Bay Windows, Bow Windows
* Doors: Steel & Fiberglass, Enclosures, Patio Doors, Garden Doors, Storm Doors, Entryguard Doors, Dorplex
* Roofing: Shingle roofing, Flat roofing, Tile roofing, lifetime roofing products
* Shingles: Camelot, Capstone, Grand Slate, Slateline, Timberline HD
* Insulation: Spray Foam, Attic, Basement, Roof, Blown Insulation, Exterior Wall Insulation, BASF, Owens Corning
* Siding: Vinyl Siding, Aluminum Siding, Gentek