George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

Best of 2019 winnerBest of 2019winner

Reviews for George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

TheHaad
TheHaad

Insulation was installed very quickly

We asked George Kent for a quote to insulate a crawl space and potentially an attic. Robert came over and gave us a lengthy quote and also indicated some other items that we may want to pay attention to.

Insulation has a minimum price before they could come on site to do the job. After some back and forth, we were able to get to the minimum price. The next issue was the timing. We had to book a few months in advanced, because we needed a weekend appointment.

The weekend came and the team that showed up were very friendly. We vacated the premises for the weekend.

When we came back we had insulation in the crawl space!

We look forward to working with George Kent again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we too look forward to working with you in the future

Kim
Kim
0 reviews Newmarket, ON

Windows Supplied and installed

I had 11 windows installed, the windows look amazing, I love the colour and the Quality is top notch. The installation team took amazing care in my house as well as outside. They were thorough, made sure each window was installed properly and operated smoothly. They went the extra mile to fix a decorative area above one of my windows. Now I look at my house from the street and I see a beautiful house and the tried old looking windows are gone. Truly Happy with the results.

Thank you to all at George Kent Home Improvements

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and please mention us to your family and friends as our business is built on referrals

Lori T in Brampton
Lori T in Brampton
0 reviews , ON

Replace Roof on Large Double Carport/Covered Patio

The shingles, plywood, drip edge, flashing and a waterproof base were included in this job. The work was done on time and they did a great job cleaning up afterwards & took all of the debris away. The guys who did the job were very polite and professional. It's been almost a month since the job was completed and there have been no problems. My double carport/covered patio is nice and dry. I was happy with the quality of the work.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to servicing you or someone you might refer to us in the future

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Installation of New Windows

The experience began with Kevin who came over and provided us with a clear explanation of the best way for proceeding with the installation of all new windows. The quote was reasonable and well articulated. The experience ended with Jesus and his team who did a great job on the install, which was completed quickly and on time - The end product really improves the whole house (from the interior and functionality of the windows to the exterior capping which looks nice and fresh). I would highly recommend!

Thank you for your review and we will certainly pass your comments on to the team

dianne.thomas
dianne.thomas
1 review Roseneath, ON

Window installation. Removal of old wooden vinyl clad windows and replaced with new frames and triple pane windows .

The work was done in two installations due to the cancellation of the Green Ontario Fund. The first ten windows were done in late October 2018 and the balance on May 7, 2019. Both times the work was done by very competent installers. The men were all super efficient, careful, polite and very considerate. The house was left as they found it - all the old materials were taken away and there was nothing left for us to have to clean up.

The mess created by the cancellation of the Green Ontario Fund caused us very considerable concern through no fault of the George Kent company, however, they were forced to take the brunt of the mess created. They were super. Mr. Palmer went out of his way and several occasions to assure me that they would do their very best to honour my contract.

I certainly feel that George Kent Home Improvements went above and beyond in giving me service under very difficult circumstances. I highly recommend them.

Thank you for your review and for your understanding and patience through the whole Green On process.

Anthony N from Oakville
Anthony N from Oakville

Install was rushed and customer service is terrible

We were looking to replace windows in our master bedroom renovation, when we met with Chris he seemed very nice and honest. Unfortunately once we signed he appeared to stop caring. The installed was rushed and they did a poor job of capping the outside and touching up brickwork. Only after making a fuss and arguing with Maria did they come and redo this work.
We have just started doing the window trim and there are huge gaps between the trim and the window, the windows are set too far out and in some cases each side is different. Maria without even seeing this blames the drywall install and is not prepared to assist. Out of 5 windows installed only 1 is barely acceptable, the rest are in the pictures.

You judge from the pictures.

Unfortunately the house was under renovation when we installed the windows and the interior walls had not been completed. It appears they recently finished the renovation and the walls did not line up flush with the windows.
The windows were installed exactly as agreed with the owner. We can only assume they changed the size of the drywall or something else but we were not at fault.
That said the person finishing the interior could have have brought the drywall into the window.
We left a message for the customer to call us as even though we feel we installed the windows exactly as agreed we were willing to help solve the problem. To date we have not been contacted.

Aaron W
Aaron W

Insulation, windows and siding

We had cold bedroom above a garage, and the sales rep took the time to assess the situation and made excellent recommendations for garage-ceiling spray foam insulation, window-box insulation, and new windows to address the issue. At the same time they were able to replace / insulate our deteriorating window-box siding which gave the house a nice facelift.

Workmanship was top notch, and the office staff and the installers were responsive and professional throughout. Would use again, and would recommend to others

Thank you for your review and we look forward to doing more work for you in the future

Muhammad Waqar in Burlington
Muhammad Waqar in Burlington
1 review Hamilton, ON

Windows and Installation

I am really satisfied with team. I came in contact with George and Kent through RONA. They did Windows installation for me. Initial installation done by Harvey. Great work done by him very considerate, listened to my concerns and gave good suggestions. The installation was done by Jesus and team, very professional. Came and did a quick and smooth installation. Let me know of the functioning and cleaning of the windows. Answered my questions.
All through this time through emails and phones, Maria was in contact with me who was very helpful and considerate. She will answer to every message you sent her.
This team took care of me through a difficult time of having GreenON rebate being stopped. They completed the task and the paperwork before the end date.
Thanks George and Kent.
Waqar

Thank you for your vote of confidence and we look forward to helping you or a friend in the future

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Attic insulation

Robert as a salesperson took time to educate us on what we needed to do to improve ventilation in our attic and gave us the good-better-best options with no pressure. He had other helpful advice for how to improve our home that was given in a way that didn't make us feel talked-down to. The installation techs worked quickly and quietly (I had a sick kid home for the day) and answered all questions I had. They were polite and tidied up well afterwards, including mats to protect my freshly cleaned carpet. The booking office helped move our appointment around so that we could get ready for our home sale. I worried about going with a huge company like George Kent, but it felt like a small family business. Can't wait to get a quote for our windows at our new house!

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to quoting the windows on your new house

Windows Installation

After much research and meeting with awesome sales rep. Kevin, we decided to have our worn out windows replaced by George Kent. The battle with the Ford government to honour the Green ON rebate was lost by us but we strongly believe that blame cannot be placed on independent businesses in that bureaucratic process.
The George Kent team was able to have our windows installed before the year end and I couldn't be more pleased. My windows look amazing!
Justin and his colleague were professional, respectful, courteous and very tidy!
The George Kent team did not disappoint; in fact the exceeded my expectations!
Thank you and I look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Thank you for posting your review and for your understanding of the problems caused by the Ford government cancelling the program. We look forward to servicing you again.

More about George Kent Home Improvements Ltd

George Kent first opened in 1949 and has since completed over 80,000 installations. We offer home improvement services for the entire Greater Toronto Area from Oshawa, to Newmarket, to Orangeville, to Burlington, including Oakville, Milton, Brampton, Woodbridge, Mississauga, Etobicoke and all of southern Ontario.
With this many years of experience, our reputation speaks for itself. We are the only home improvement company in the GTA that offers a lifetime warranty on the original installation for our windows and roofing. In comparison, most box stores offer 1 year on the labour and our best competitors offer 5 years.

We specialize in:
* Windows: Enerview Window and Door Solutions, Vinylbilt, Neat Glass, Energy Star, ecoEnergy, Pella, Laminated Sound Reduction Glass
* Window Styles: Casement, Awning, Double Hung, Single Hung, Double Tilt Slider, Single Tilt Slider, Double Lift Out Slider, Single Lift Out Slider, Low Profile Fixed, High Profile Fixed, Custom Shapes, Greenhouses, Bay Windows, Bow Windows
* Doors: Steel & Fiberglass, Enclosures, Patio Doors, Garden Doors, Storm Doors, Entryguard Doors, Dorplex
* Roofing: Shingle roofing, Flat roofing, Tile roofing, lifetime roofing products
* Shingles: Camelot, Capstone, Grand Slate, Slateline, Timberline HD
* Insulation: Spray Foam, Attic, Basement, Roof, Blown Insulation, Exterior Wall Insulation, BASF, Owens Corning
* Siding: Vinyl Siding, Aluminum Siding, Gentek