Michaels Movers

shari in newton
shari in newton
8 reviews , MA

moving

The movers started out showing up late (due to the fact that they ignored my precise directions). I was asked to sign some preliminary paperwork, when I noticed that their "start time" was an hour before the current time. When I asked about this, they said that it includes the movers' travel time. I assure you, the only way it would take an hour to get from Allston to Newton is to walk...backwards! I reluctantly signed, but put in a call to Michael's office to contest this.

I wasn't moving far (or very much furniture), so I figured I'd hit my 2 hour minimum and that would be the end. After an hour and a half of actual work (I watched these guys like a hawk). I'm asked to sign again. Once again, the end time is 45 minutes in the future. For more "travel time". I could care less where they go after they leave my house. I put my foot down and refused to pay for more than two hours.

I chased their corporate office for a long time to get a refund for the overcharge. They were incredible rude to me and lost their cool over the phone. Unacceptable. I finally got a check in the mail a month or so later, after applying a lot of pressure.