Geek Squad

491 Eglinton Ave W Toronto ON M5N 1A7

Reviews for Geek Squad

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Terrible

I brought my laptop in after my operating system crashed. I was told I would be called with options once initial tests were run.
A few days later I received a call saying my computer was backed up and ready for pick up.
I happily paid the bill until I got home and realized 95% of my files were no where to be found. I took it back to best buy where they gave me the we can't help you speech. Understandably, not all files will be able to be retrieved, but NOT ONE DOCUMENT was retrieved. What did I pay for?
I will acknowledge some photos were retrieved but the great majority is not there. I wish I would have taken it to apple. Huge mistake. So disappointed and disgusted with this terrible service they provide. TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE.

Charlene from Toronto
Charlene from Toronto

Best Buy Geek Squad

I purchased a Geek Squad membership with my laptop Sept 30,2017. When I went to the store to use my membership on Oct 7 I was told that I had to buy a separate membership for my wife (Wendy Robbins), who lives in the same household as I, to be able to access Geek Squad. We purchased the 2nd membership.

On March 7, 2108 my wife went into a store, using the Geek Squad membership, and the store manager told her that we only need one membership per household and directed her to go contact Geek Squad for a refund.

On March 9 we attended the store where we purchased both memberships and the manager agreed that we should receive a refund for the 2nd membership. Together with the store manager we called Geek Squad and spoke to (CSR: Customer Serivce Rep) CSR Lina and were advised that we would received a callback in 3-5 days to confirm the refund (conf #39104743).

On April 9, 2018 I called Geek Squad and spoke to CRS David who advised that the prior agent, Lina, had only cancelled the 2nd membership but did not process the refund. He adjusted the notes and said I would receive a call to confirm refund processing in 20-30 days, attributing the delay to a new billing system. He stated same confirmation # applied.

On June 1, 2018 I called Geek Squad again and spoke to CSR Sebastian. He stated file had been closed without refund being issued as they found no duplicate billing on my account. I clarified that we had been sold 2 memberships, one had been cancelled and we now have one remaining and I am seeking a refund on the 2nd membership, in my wife's name which is now closed. He escalated request for refund and clarified in notes that there were 2 separate memberships sold to one household, that one was cancelled and clarified request is for full refund for 2nd membership paid from October 2017 to March 2018. Advised I would receive call to confirm refund processing in 5-7 days. Same confirmation # provided.

On June 12, 2018 I called Geek Squad and spoke to CSR Alexander. Advised I would receive call back on June 14 or 15. I advised I am not satisfied with this as I had been advised I would receive call backs on every call I had made over 3 months and have NEVER received a call back from Best Buy. Requested to speak to manager.

Transferred to manager, Sharon, who was not helpful at all. Stated issue is with "upper management" and they have to "follow process" to which she refused to advise me of the process, although she stated she was aware of process but would not share this information with me. She refused to allow me to speak to anyone above her and stated, quoting her "someone will call you back eventually". I expressed my frustration and dissatisfaction with this and she advised me that if someone didn't call me back again I could call them again next week.

I was advised by 2 store managers that I am owed a refund on the full amount of the 2nd refund. I have attended the store of purchase, and called Geek Squad on 4 occasions over 3+ months and still have not received ANY call backs or communications from them or a refund. Best Buy has NEVER contacted me to follow up on any of my calls, despite being told that I would receive a call back every time I called them. And today I'm told that "eventually" someone may call me. This is not acceptable.

Sarah Snowbell - Thornhill Woods
Sarah Snowbell - Thornhill Woods

GEEK SQUAD TO THE RESCUE !!!

My review is for Geek Squad at 225 High Tech Road in Richmond Hill.

I had never used Geek Squad service before ... I was entirely blown away by their expertise. Andrew, Scott, Kevin and Marc all had a share in transferring data from my old computer to my new one. The result: My new computer is now entirely compatible with my needs. They did all the appropriate downloads, tweaks and adjustments to my complete satisfaction. I've become a Geek Squad member - which assures me low-cost service on all my electronic devices. Well worth it!

Geek Squad - Best Buy

I got a Geek Squad membership back in May because I was told I could get a discounted installation of my Sonos Sound bar and Sub Woofer - they also said you can get protective screen protectors on all your devices for free, cineplex rentals every month and phone support etc... They said you can cancel anytime.

The rentals are worth $5/month - the information about the screen protectors wasn't true - they charge you for that service and product. I realized I was paying $20/month for just a rental - I called to cancel my membership and they want to charge me over $100. This wasn't mentioned at all.

This is awful service and the woman on the phone was an unhelpful rude person. I wish I never signed up for this and I definitely would warn anyone considering it.

Wall mount and TV installation

I had Jake and Chadd today to install my new TV and wall mount. Great service . No complains.
Very efficient. Would highly recommend. There are many mixed reviews but mine is definitely a positive one.

Dominicingrid1 in Calgary
Dominicingrid1 in Calgary

Terrible

After changing the price from what Best buy quoted us, replacing a phone because of broken screen phone, then getting a defective one back from them, and now wanting to charge me $200 for a false claim, and Still no refund of $800 for a deposit they needed????!!!

Jackie Cook in Toronto
Jackie Cook in Toronto

Can't cancel account

After spending more than two hours on the phone over the past three months, I have still not received assurance that my accounts are cancelled or that I'll be receiving any refund. For some reason, they seem unable to locate one of my accounts. The second, I had specifically requested cancelled two months ago and I continue to be charged for both. A third account was set up when I purchased a hard drive . I have no recollection of signing up for this account. This one I have managed to cancel, but not before paying more than 300 dollars over the period of a year during which time I tried twice to cancel it.

Jasma in Toronto
Jasma in Toronto

Customer Service

I called in to cancel my membership after very low use and my experience with the customer service call centre was atrocious. Every person I spoke to had a poor attitude, and seemed disinterested in helping me. I was passed to multiple people who refused to help me and continued to pass me to different departments. I was hung up on 3 times by 3 different agents. I spoke to a supervisor named Natalia who passed me off to yet another department, which was followed by an agent named Rose who literally hung up the phone on me as I was asking for her Employee ID number, preceding by her telling me to "have a nice day".

Sandra in Windsor
Sandra in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

protection plan

do not buy their protection plan, they charge your credit card even after you cancel. the agents were not helpful, the supervisor named natalia was horrible will never ever buy or be associated with them again.

NotaHappyCustomer in
NotaHappyCustomer in
1 review , ON

Install Wall mount for TV

I just modified the star ratings from 1 to 4 because I went into the Kanata Best Buy on Wednesday and spoke to a manager who arranged for the installation to happen Thursday. The 2 agents - Caleb and Erik did a wonderful job. Geek Squad Ottawa would have gotten 5 stars except for what I described below.
On April 26th we made arrangements for the GeekSquad to install a wall mount for our TV on May 10th between 1&5 pm. At approx. 4:30 I called the Geek Squad in the store where we bought the mounting bracket and were told that they couldn't tell me anything but to call the 1 800 number.
I called that number at about 4:45 and the woman who answered said she would call the agent assigned and put me on hold while she contacted him. The call dropped after about 10 minutes. I assumed that she would call me back because she had asked for the number. Sometime after 5 pm I called again and got a different person who looked at my file and said that there was a note on it that our service had to be rescheduled! The earliest date for reschedule was May 25th almost a full month after we first arranged for the service.
The lack of communication and the total lack of service has made me very angry. I will be going into the Best Buy store that we have been using for our purchases and cancel the GSHM plan as well as the computer service plan (more than $50 per month!) and unless they can do something for us I will probably not shop at Best Buy again.
Very disappointed and angry!

Review has 1 previous version