Gasfix Repair

Reviews for Gasfix Repair

Lloyd in Burlington
Lloyd in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Pool Heater pilot won`t stay lit

I was in the process of finally getting to opening our pool and all was going relatively well with the exception of the pool heater pilot not staying lit. I called a few places on a Thursday afternoon only to be told that I`d be looking at over a week for a Technician to make it out to see me, which was very discouraging. We all wanted a nice heated pool for the weekend so I continued my search. I finally came across Gasfix and spoke to Jason, he was fantastic and said he could have his guy Scott come out the next day. Scott called me before heading over and was actually a lot earlier than I was told which was awesome!! Scott was prompt, very knowledgeable and totally Professional, he had that heater pulled apart in no time replaced the faulty part and had it up and going in less than an hour. He also took the time to do an array of tests and was on his way. First experience with Gasfix and it was a great one. Highly recommend!! Thanks Guys !!

Roula Theiss in Burlington
Roula Theiss in Burlington

Pool Heater repair

Pool Heater thermostat was not working. I called Friday of long weekend, they were too busy to come that day but came out first thing Monday and did the job. I have used this company for the last 10 years and Dwayne has come the next day and repaired. He explains everything and does the job properly and timely. I trust him completely and I will continue to use this company in the future.

Petra Hess from Burlington
Petra Hess from Burlington
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Pool heater repair

I have been a customer of Gasfix for the past 15 years and when my pool heater needed service they came on time and got me up and running as quicly as possible. Dwayne explained the problem and what was needed to fix it and they did the repair on time as scheduled. This has been my experience for the past 15+ yearswith Gasfix. They show up and get the job done on time at a reasonable cost. Thank you Gasfix for keeping customer service your top priority.

john in St. John's
john in St. John's
1 review Caledonia, ON

Repair Gas Fireplace

Our gas fireplace is about 30 years old. The manufacturer went out of business about 20 years ago. We have used Gasfix in the past and knew that someday parts to repair the unit would not be available. That day came today so to continue the use of the fireplace we would have to install a retrofit kit OR purchase a new unit and have it installed which would have cost something north of 5 grand. Dwayne completed the repair in about 2 hours as promised. Service from Gasfix is excellent. We highly recommend Gasfix

Thank you John for using Gas Fix to service and repair your Hunter fireplace. For those gas fireplaces that have a mercury flame switch, you are correct that the part is no longer available and the two options become repair with a new operating system or replace with a new unit. As we specialize in the repair and maintenance, we typically recommend the repair as the cost efficient option. When replacing the mercury flame switch, we install a new gas valve and a new pilot assembly. Essentially, the guts to your fireplace are completely replaced. Should you ever require us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. ~ Jason ~

1 review Hamilton, ON

Gas Dryer Ventilation

I called Gasfix for a quote over the phone to have my basement gas dryer re-vented to follow code. The re-venting includes boring a new 4 inch hole in my brick and running a 7 foot vent. The quote was for 2-3 hours of work and between $300-400. I called 4 other gas companies and all 4 quotes were between $300-400. I chose Gasfix for their great reviews. The technician was on time and polite, however, he determined that my gas line had to be repaired as apparently, it was leaking. The technician failed to call me or communicate with me the added scope of work and added cost. He proceeded to fix everything and did not even call me to let me know he finished. I had to call Gasfix the next day to find out the job was complete, only to be surprised with a $600 invoice and a statement of additional work. This lack of communication and a very surprised expectation is why I would not recommend Gasfix to anybody I know.

Thank you Mr. K for your review. We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continue to improve our standards to provide the best service that we can. We do agree that the technician should have made every attempt to reach you, the landlord, to discuss the additional requirements over and above the initial job we were there to do.
When our technician first arrived, there was a woman there to meet him. When the technician was half done the initial job, another person showed up who the technician thought was you. When completing the job, the technician found a leaking gas shut off. He showed this new person, who he thought was you, the issue with the shut off. The technician even took a picture when he was doing the soap test to show that it was leaking. This person then said the job needed to be done and authorized the repair.
First, when you first spoke with Scott, the job was to replace a dryer vent as done incorrectly by yourself or your tenant. With the minimal information we had, we quoted $300-$400 before HST. Unlike the LCBO, Gas Fix cannot include HST in their quotes so please note that the HST is extra. The $600 job price you reference includes the HST which is misleading. The pretax total was actually $535.71.
So the issue is really the additional fee of $135.71 for the additional work completed by the technician.
We could have completed the dryer venting repair to clear that infraction but then we would have had to shut off the gas and then quote on a new repair for the leaking gas shut off. Further, we would have to issue a Union Gas infraction notice for the leaking gas shut off.
In essence, we saved both time and additional fees as we suspect those other contractors would have reacted in a similar manner. ~ Jason ~

1 review Brantford, ON

Fireplace Repair and Gas Line Installation

We have used Gas Fix several times in the past and look forward to using them again at our new house. We originally contacted Gas Fix to service our fireplace as the pilot light was a large yellow flame as opposed to the blue flame that it should be. The technician, Dwayne, gave the unit a thorough cleaning and also installed a new ignitor and fan for the unit.

We also had Gas Fix install a gas line for our garage heater. The job was very professional and even our neighbour has commented on how good the gas line looks. They even installed the garage heater for us.

I would not hesitate to contact Gas Fix. The staff in the office is very professional and pleasant to deal with as are the technicians out in the field.

Thank you for your review and for choosing Gas Fix to service your fireplace and to install the gas line for your heater. When you contact Gas Fix, you are reaching an actual employee who can arrange your service call as opposed to speaking with an answering service. We do our best to make your experience with Gas Fix as pleasant and professional as we can. In many instances, our clean and check can resolve many issues with your fireplace. When parts are required, however, our technicians do carry over 300+ of the most common fireplace parts on their vehicle. As such, Dwayne did have the correct fan and ignitor on his vehicle to complete the repair. We do look forward to hearing from you in the future. ~ Jason ~

Teri R-H in Hamilton
Teri R-H in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Gas Fireplace

Our 27 yr old fireplace could not be revived without a new retrofit kit. Dwayne was punctual, clean, informative and quick.
SO glad to have the gas fireplace working again -- hopefully for another 27 years!

Thank you for contacting Gas Fix to have Dwayne service your Instaflame fireplace. When the mercury flame switch fails, there are two options at that point: 1.) Replace the entire unit or 2.) Upgrade the mercury flame switch with a new gas valve and a new pilot assembly. As we specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces, we typically recommend upgrading the fireplace with new gas valve and pilot assembly. It's cost effective and our technician always has those parts on the vehicle. We hope you get anther 27 years out of your fireplace. Regular maintenance will keep that fireplace happy. Should you ever require us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. ~ Jason ~

Jack and Gerry Theriault  in Hamilton
Jack and Gerry Theriault in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Fireplace repair

Dwayne showed up on time and as promised did the job nice and tidy and explained what had to be explained. Very Happy overall and we would definitely recommend Gas Fix to neighbors and friends

Thank you Jack & Gerry for your review and for using Gas Fix to service your Majestic fireplace. We give our customers a two hour window in which our technician will arrive and office staff tells customers that the technician will call first to advise when they are on their way. It's so much better than giving the vague 9 to 5 time that so many trades do. We're very pleased as well that you are satisfied with the job Dwayne did. Should you require our services in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. ~ Jason ~

Larry and Dodie in Smithville
Larry and Dodie in Smithville
1 review Smithville, ON

Fireplace Repair

Dwayne showed up promptly at 8:30 am, as promised, to get our fireplace back in working order. He not only diagnosed the problem quickly but replaced the thermopile and piezo electric starter, and cleaned the fireplace added new embers, and checked for carbon monoxide leakage (none!). Work done very professionally and very clean I might add. Thanks! Larry and Dodie

Thank you Larry & Dodie for your review and for using Gas Fix to service your Monessen fireplace. Dwayne has been installing and servicing fireplaces for over 20+ years and is highly skilled at resolving issues. He is very thorough when cleaning fireplaces and repairing them. Because we specialize in the repair & maintenance of gas fireplaces, we carry over 300+ of the most common parts on the vehicle and had the thermopile and ignitor required to complete the repair. With every fireplace our technicians service, they always check the safety on the gas valve, always do a draft test on the ventilation and always check for carbon monoxide. Should you ever require service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. ~ Jason ~

More about Gasfix Repair

GASFIX has been solving problems since 1982, servicing those areas from Grimsby to Etobicoke. Our factory trained technicians specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces and pool heaters of all makes and models. We also service furnaces, water heaters and can install gas lines for all your requirements. Contact us today for a quote!

Hamilton/Burlington: (905) 523-8751
Oakville: (905) 845-0701
Mississauga: (905) 816-9710
Brampton: (905) 866-5882
Etobicoke/Toronto: (416) 483-9777

Gas fireplaces that Gas Fix services though not limited to this list include:

• ARCHGARD
• VALOR
• VERMONT CASTING
• WATERFORD
• WOLF STEEL

At Gas Fix, we recommend an annual “clean and check” to your gas fireplace.

A clean & check service call to your gas fireplace includes:

• Vacuuming out the fireplace
• Blowing out both the burner and the pilot assembly with an air compressor
• Checking all electrical components
• Testing the pilot sensor - Thermopile / Thermocouple
• Checking the safety on the gas valve
• Doing a draft test on the ventilation and a carbon monoxide test
• Cleaning the glass
• Checking the window gasket
• Checking the fan, if applicable
• Checking the fireplace on start up

Our technicians do carry over 300 of the most common gas fireplace parts with them enabling them to provide same day service on your gas fireplace.

Gas pool heaters that Gas Fix services:

• RHEEM
• STA-RITE
• TD LAARS
• ZODIAC

A light and check service call to your gas pool heater includes:

• Lighting pilot
• Checking operation of pressure switch
• Checking ON/OFF safety circuit
• Checking for spiders in burner orifices

A clean and check to a Gas Furnace includes:

• Check filter for replacement or upgrade options
• Check all wires for damage and state of repair
• Check all hoses for connections, cracks and past or present water leaks
• Visual camera inspection inside duct work on A coil (AC) and heat exchanger
• Heat rise calculation and compare to manufacturer’s specifications
• Full carbon monoxide test of air ducts and venting
• Full air compressor cleaning and vacuuming to ensure product runs smoothly
• Full inspection report on completion