Gasfix Repair

Gasfix Repair

Reviews for Gasfix Repair

Marc near the park
Marc near the park

Replaced an old mercury flame switch

I've been dealing with Gasfix since I first moved into this home 9 years ago and they have always been professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Usually deal with Scott or Dwayne. This time Scott came out because our gas fireplace had an old mercury switch that finally died which means among other things, the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. A few years ago I would have needed to replace the entire fireplace but during a regular service call a year or so ago Dwayne told me there was an upgrade kit now available. Scott came out and installed the new kit and the fireplace is working again just in time for the cold months.

Thanks as always Scott !

cleanchannel in Mississauga
cleanchannel in Mississauga

Fast, friendly, professional

We moved into a new home that had a gas fireplace that had been neglected and wasn't working. Scott showed up on time, fixed it up, cleaned it up, and had it running beautifully in no time. Thank you!

Marte in Mississauga
Marte in Mississauga

so professional

Scott came to my house on a Sunday so he could do the work before the rain and wind storm that was coming. He knew exactly what needed to be done, he tested everything and he offered a 30 warranty on the work!
I'm so pleased and will be happy to recommend Gasfix Repair.
Marte

Joseph & Theresa Tomko in Oakville
Joseph & Theresa Tomko in Oakville

gas fireplace service and cleaning

Scott arrived, threw down a dropcloth and assembled his tools; opened the fireplace door and proceeded to clean and check every nozzle and surface. We had been unable to start (due to dead batteries in the little black box inside the fireplace). He thoroughly vacuumed the inside, replaced the "coals"; shined the inside door to sparkling. We will certainly call him to service/clean our furnace next April. We are very satisfied customers.

Ming from Oakville
Ming from Oakville

Professional service and highly recommended

I found Gasfix through HomeStars because one of the fireplaces stopped working and the other one getting extremely noisy. Scott arrived right on time according to the appointment with all his tools and supplies. My fireplaces have not been serviced for years and were pretty filthy. Scott checked every single part, did a thorough cleaning and also took great patience to educate me about the basics of how fireplace works.

Good job done. Thank you, Scott.

EMC2 in Hamilton
EMC2 in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Extremely professional and did an excellent job

Had an issue with one fireplace switching off after 20-30 mins. Scott came out to take a look and found the issue immediately, he did a full clean of the unit and it looks like new! He also took a look at our other fireplace, cleaned it and installed a new wall switch. All of this was done quickly and he was very professional.
Highly recommend and will definitely use again.

deronda in Hamilton
deronda in Hamilton

fireplace service

I have used this company for nearly twenty years, about when one man was the company. I have have thus a number of services, all of which were handled expertly and by knowledgeable service men, three different ones to be specific. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Receptionist told me to f myself

My fireplace was recalled and had to have a new one installed last fall. I cannot get the pilot light on. I emailed and called several times. The receptionist tells me about all the problems he is having with the owner. Goes on a rant about how he wants to get fired. The most unbelievable conversation. Then he gets very abusive. I have been a customer for over a decade but this was unbelievable. I was in the process of booking a service call when he hung up on me. Literally the most bizarre experience I have ever had. I really do not recommend this company. Scott has very rude disgruntled employees. This is very unprofessional.

Thank you for Mrs. G for your review as we do appreciate your feedback. However, you don't tell the whole story in your review.

You told us that you didn't want a service call. Then, you told us it was a gas fireplace that you did not want or need. You don't want/need the fireplace but it's cold and not working after YOU shut the pilot off in the spring. We routinely advise customers to keep the pilot on as it deters spiders, which is the most common issue that we see with fireplaces.

Your prior gas fireplace was an Instaflame FSDV30TN. The Technical Standards and Safety Authority issued a Director's Safety Order#FS-195-12 in September 2012 and a Director's Public Safety Order #FS-222-2016 in November 2016 to indicate that those fireplaces shall not be sold, leased, rented, installed or USED in Ontario. It's because that unit was not safe. Also, as the manufacturer (CFM) is no longer in business, there is no retrofit repair for the unit. It can only be replaced as per the TSSA.

Further, we explained the warranty process in detail for you. We were prepared to go out on a service call under warranty for the current fireplace but you were not satisfied with the time frame provided. Unfortunately, we are booking three weeks out now and you wanted same day service that unfortunately we could not do. You were the combative one in the conversation as soon as it was mentioned that we could book a call for the 15th. We tried to book a service call for you but you became abusive to our staff.

Last, we have a zero tolerance when it comes to people being abusive to our staff. You told our staff member that he could go "F" himself first and that you were going to get him fired. We do not condone the type language used by our staff and we do apologize for that. However, it is not acceptable to be verbally abusive and combative to our staff.

At Gas Fix, we strive to provide quality service and care to all our clients. Unfortunately, there are circumstances where no matter how hard we try, it becomes clear that this is not possible. All the best to you and your family. ~ GAS FIX ~

JK in Toronto
JK in Toronto

Gas Fire maintenance

Very happy with Gasfix - their technicians really know their stuff. Getting my gas fire ready & started up for winter takes them no time.

I would highly recommend them.

Craig M.
Craig M.
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Great Service

I have a Kingsman fireplace installed in the basement that has not worked in over two years. I saw the GasFix repair ad in the local Burlington Post newspaper and always meant to get to it but weeks spread to months until finally I bit the bullet and called.

Dwayne gave me a call in advance of his visit allowing me time to leave work with little time away. Dwayne quickly resolved the issue (detached thermostat wire) and performed well overdue maintenance. He offered as well to clean up the glass and I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked when I went downstairs to take a look after Dwayne was writing up the bill.

Dwayne knew exactly what to do and more important in my view, was courteous and went over and above to return a functioning and beautiful fireplace to me. I can't say enough about the service and I'll ask them to return in 2 years as Dwayne suggested to perform maintenance on the unit.

I would have no hesitation recommending this company.

More about Gasfix Repair

GASFIX has been solving problems since 1982, servicing those areas from Grimsby to Etobicoke. Our factory trained technicians specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces and pool heaters of all makes and models. We also service furnaces, water heaters and can install gas lines for all your requirements. Contact us today for a quote!

Hamilton/Burlington: (905) 523-8751
Oakville: (905) 845-0701
Mississauga: (905) 816-9710
Brampton: (905) 866-5882
Etobicoke/Toronto: (416) 483-9777

Gas fireplaces that Gas Fix services though not limited to this list include:

• ARCHGARD
• VALOR
• VERMONT CASTING
• WATERFORD
• WOLF STEEL

At Gas Fix, we recommend an annual “clean and check” to your gas fireplace.

A clean & check service call to your gas fireplace includes:

• Vacuuming out the fireplace
• Blowing out both the burner and the pilot assembly with an air compressor
• Checking all electrical components
• Testing the pilot sensor - Thermopile / Thermocouple
• Checking the safety on the gas valve
• Doing a draft test on the ventilation and a carbon monoxide test
• Cleaning the glass
• Checking the window gasket
• Checking the fan, if applicable
• Checking the fireplace on start up

Our technicians do carry over 300 of the most common gas fireplace parts with them enabling them to provide same day service on your gas fireplace.

Gas pool heaters that Gas Fix services:

• RHEEM
• STA-RITE
• TD LAARS
• ZODIAC

A light and check service call to your gas pool heater includes:

• Lighting pilot
• Checking operation of pressure switch
• Checking ON/OFF safety circuit
• Checking for spiders in burner orifices

A clean and check to a Gas Furnace includes:

• Check filter for replacement or upgrade options
• Check all wires for damage and state of repair
• Check all hoses for connections, cracks and past or present water leaks
• Visual camera inspection inside duct work on A coil (AC) and heat exchanger
• Heat rise calculation and compare to manufacturer’s specifications
• Full carbon monoxide test of air ducts and venting
• Full air compressor cleaning and vacuuming to ensure product runs smoothly
• Full inspection report on completion