Gas Fix

Reviews for Gas Fix

Corrine from Mississauga
Corrine from Mississauga

Pool Heater

Replaced pool heater with Gas Fix brand new, and it gave an error code/stopped working one day later. Scott came to fix it the next day, but it crashed again the next day. He came back again did something I asked him what the fix was he never did tell me. Nevertheless, it was working. A week later same error code stopped working. Texted, left voicemails and email with no response. My husband then left a voicemail and I received a text that I would get a call the next morning. No call. I texted and got a text response with no resolution.
Revising review:
Scott showed up first thing Sunday morning and replaced the part again. Heater working and he also changed the setting on my pool pump as he thinks this is why it was having this problem.

Gasfix9966
Gasfix9966
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Repaired gas fireplace

Scott was an excellent technician and quickly assessed the problem with our 22 year old gas fireplace. He was very up front with the price and explained everything clearly. He did an awesome job and was very meticulous. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and an asset to the company. Would highly recommend Gas Fix for any gas related repairs. Thanks again for your excellent service
Ron Smitko. Waterdown

Pamela in Toronto
Pamela in Toronto

Great service!

I was told by another company that I needed a new fireplace because it had a mercury switch and could not be repaired. I priced out new gas fireplaces locally and was quoted 10-12K which did not include the surround and on top of that brick work would have to be done on the outside to relocate the vent. I couldnt understand why the mercury switch couldnt be changed to a current type switch. I Googled around and found this company. While slightly out of their service area they add agreed to come out and upgrade our 20+ year old fireplace. Its working like new!

Valerie Goddard from Hamilton
Valerie Goddard from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Great Service Gas Fireplace

Many thanks to GasFix - Scott & Dwayne.
They installed our gas fireplace insert many years ago and provided professional & dependable service over the years.
Gasfix just removed the old gas insert as we move to an electric insert.
I feel confident in their knowledge of gas lines, securing the chimney and prep for the new insert.
The old insert was taken away , my home left spotless.
Always on time, good communication, reasonable pricing.
I would highly recommend GasFix.

dino
dino
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Service call

Scott and Jason are great, they are very knowledgeable. I have used them in the past and have always had a positive experience with them. Would recommend to anyone looking for any natural gas related fixes

steve in Ajax
steve in Ajax
8 reviews Ajax, ON

Very Impressed

Gas Fix did an excellent job of repairing my fireplace. When my fireplace first stopped working, I called a nearby fireplace repair company to give me a repair quote. They told me I would need a new fireplace and would have to break the surrounding stone to install it. Total quote was over $10 000. All due to a faulty mercury switch which cannot be replaced.

Then I found GasFix on Homestars with reviews describing how others with a faulty mercury switch had a repair instead of replacement. They explained that the upgrade kit will include all the control/operational parts. The box, glass, gasket and burner would be original. The upgrade part is the change to the current control/safety system that is used in all gas fireplaces since the mercury flame switch was discontinued as the fast acting safety shutoff. The parts include a new style gas valve, pilot assembly with duel sensors, thermocouple, thermoplie, electrode, wiring, piezo ignitor and mounting bracket if needed.

Jason was great setting up the appointment. He responded to all my questions promptly. Scott was punctual and polite. He finished the job during the expected time frame and cleaned up once finished.

Gas Fix fixed my fireplace for exactly what they quoted me for. I would highly recommend them. In fact, I already did. A nearby friend ended up using them and was equally impressed.

Ashton in Brantford
Ashton in Brantford
2 reviews Brantford, ON

Gas fire repair

Scott is a professional exceptional and amazing person. His knowledge of gas fires spans 40 years, and is outstanding. He diagnosed the problem quickly and efficiently, giving us a quote, which we gladly accepted and got straight to work. Two Hours later we are looking loving at our fire all aglow and ready for us to enjoy this Christmas and winter. This is the gift Scott has given us.

If you have any problems with gas fires we highly recommend you call gasfix and ask for Scott, no longer will you have a problem. We are so
grateful for the service of this company. When requesting a repair or
service you actually get someone to speak to directly and not an answer phone. This is a highly efficient service as normally you only get machines. Thank you Scott and gasfix
To speak to. Thank you Scott anc gasfix

I want to add to the above statement a very important point. One month ago a gas fire repairman came to our house, charged $125, and told us our gas fire was completely unrepairable. We would have to buy a new valour $6,000 - $7,000. We do not have that amount to lay out: so now you can see how why we are stunned that Scott actually fix the problem instantly, and even had the spare parts with him.

Dennis in Stittsville
Dennis in Stittsville
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fireplace repair

Scott diagnosed the problem and made clear the cost was expensive. He spent two-plus hours fixing the problem. He is precise and professional. I have used his company for over twenty years, and first when he was the only repairman. I have found all his repairmen excellent, and have had more than six repairs over the years. I have two gas fireplaces. I recommend Gas Fix without reservation as one of the best repair services I have ever had.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

gas fireplace repair

First time using Gas Fix.Great service and on time ,Scott was very professional and knowledgeable .Worked fast and cleaned up after the job was done .Carries a lot of parts with him. Highly recommend .

More about Gas Fix

GASFIX has been solving problems since 1982, servicing those areas from Grimsby to Etobicoke. Our factory trained technicians specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces and pool heaters of all makes and models. We also service furnaces, water heaters and can install gas lines for all your requirements. ...
Looking for Fireplaces pros in Hamilton?