Furniture Medic

3926 Lacman Trail Mississauga ON L5M 6N8

Reviews for Furniture Medic

alex khoroshylov in Mississauga
alex khoroshylov in Mississauga

Recliner repair for my sofa

My experience with Furniture Medic of the Greater Toronto Area was a frustrating one. I wanted to replace broken mechanical recliner on my sofa with an electric one. The owner replied saying that he would need to do $125 assessment to check if it can be done. Other business charge around $60 for the same assessment but I have agreed as he claimed to have a lot on experience with this type of retrofits.

During the assessment the owner was very optimistic about the prospects of completing the project. He claimed to have a shop with all the new and used parted needed.

He promised to contact me within two weeks to provide an update on the follow-up visit date. He asked for an assessment fee to be paid in cash and offered $5 discount for that. Once I paid him he didn't give me a receipt or an invoice, just walked away.

And then he just disappear, no follow-up texts or calls, he ignored my questions sent via text messages. I had found another company (Sofa Doctor) who completed the project for me in a couple of weeks.

In summary: high assessment fee, shady practice of taking cash and not issuing any proof of payment and all talk and promises and no actions to actually do the work. That was my experience.

Couch repair

Such a bad company. Doesn’t show up for appointments. Misses problems. Unprofessional and has no respect for customers time. Waited twice for 3 hours just for him not to show up and just doesn’t answer. Rob or Robert is the person and appears to be the owner. If the owner is this type of person what kind of employees are employed if any. STAY AWAY from Funiture Medic Barrie

1 review Newmarket, ON

Coffee table top

when the coffee table was returned the finish resembled an orange peel finish with a strong smell like nail polish. After placing a candy dish and two small plants on the table I found they were stuck to the table and when pried off left marks on the table. It will need to be refinished again!!

Kelly from Toronto
Kelly from Toronto

furniture repair

Bob Reid of Furniture Medic ([email protected]) did an excellent job repairing the leg on our sofa. I was given a two-hour window for the service call, and he got here right at the start of the appointment, so there was no waiting around. Part of the sofa leg had broken off inside the frame, so he had to undo some of the leather upholstery, and then refasten the leg to the sofa. He was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and a good problem-solver.
I heartily recommend Bob.

Jerry in Leduc
Jerry in Leduc
2 reviews Leduc, AB

refinish coffee table top

Stay away from this company! I had a repair person come to my home to look at repairs to an old coffee table from 1960. The estimate for the repairs and refinishing was $370 and would take two weeks to complete at the shop. 2 Months went by and I never heard anything from this company so I call and ask. I'm told the table will be done by the end of the week or early the following week forsure. Also it was taking this long because they are trying to keep the cost below $250. I thought ok $120 savings from the original quote this isn't so bad. A couple a weeks pass and still no table. I send an email asking if the table is done as I was informed it would be done a couple of weeks ago. The reply sent to me was a short note stating;

The table is not done yet if you need it go pick it up at the shop these things take time!

This sparked a phone call to head office who were more then willing to look into the matter and get me some firm answers. Head office gets back to me and informs me that in two weeks the table will be done. Almost 3 weeks later I e-mail head office to ask where is this table? Again they look into it and said yes it should be done this week. Two days later it was delivered. The top was refinished and looked nice and I could live with the fact that the top was now a different colour then the rest of the table (lighter) but the bill shocked me.

Original quote $370
estimated time to complete, 2 weeks.
Original quote dropped down to $250.
Final bill $565
Total time to complete 3 Months.

Delsue from Etobicoke
Delsue from Etobicoke

Repair Scratch on Dining Room Table

We recently put a deep scratch into our solid maple dining room table. This is not an antique table by any means, so we were not prepared to pay an exhorbitant price to have the whole table refinished. We called a few top rated companies from this site and found Vlad. As he was very busy and could not come to the house to give us an estimate, he asked me to send him digital pics. At the time, he quoted me a price of $200 (sight unseen). Upon seeing the pictures, he revised his price to $150. The day the repair was done, he determined that $150 was still too much and lowered the price to $120! What a rare occurrence!
The job he did was sensational and was exactly what we were hoping for. You can hardly see the scratch and this was accomplished quickly and at a reasonable price.

Paula from Bloor West Village
Paula from Bloor West Village

9.8/10

Antique Chair Repair

The wheel fell off of one of our antique dining room chairs. Tom was able to reattach the wheel and repair the leg (it had a crack from the bottom to the top of the chair leg). He did a fantastic job! You have to look very closely to see the repair. It's as good as new. The job took a little longer than expected but it was not significant.

More about Furniture Medic

Furniture Medic provides a cost savings alternative to replacing your damaged furniture.