Forest Hill Snow Removal

Reviews for Forest Hill Snow Removal

M Wong in Toronto
M Wong in Toronto

No problems ever

Have been doing my snow for years now, I just signed up again. I love their service, never have to worry about my snow being done, even if I am out of town, as my neighbor emails me and tells me when they are complete

Dr Michelle in Toronto
Dr Michelle in Toronto

Signing up with them again

I just signed up with them for another year, and they asked if I'd mind giving them a review. Since they've always been good to me, and I've never had a problem with my snow, I agreed, Great company, great people working for it, I've been a customer for 4 years

Mr Mercurio in Toronto
Mr Mercurio in Toronto

Without them I'd be stuck in my house all winter

These are my boys, they come every year and never miss a snowfall, and there's enough people that even if my regular boys are sick, they have enough people to send replacements without even slowing them down. Good work all the time, I use a cane so if they don't come help me, i'm stuck in my house!

maria hatz in Thornhill
maria hatz in Thornhill

Snow removal

I have been using this company for over a year now. My grandparents are very elderly and needed a company that is reliable. I am very pleased with them and the work that they have done for my family. I would definitely recommend Forest Hill Snow removal to anyone.

Louise in East York
Louise in East York

Snow Removal

I have been using this company for many years, and am very pleased on how reliable and dependable they are. They are fast at getting my contracted areas cleaned after a snowfall. If ever I had to contact them it was always handled in a Kind and Professional manner. I highly recommend this snow removal company for both Commercial and Residential needs.

Sarah  from Toronto
Sarah from Toronto

snow removal

Forest Hill Snow Removal has not once lived up to our contract this winter - they come more than a day after it finishes snowing, do a cursory job on the driveway and don't even touch the areas that were contracted to be hand shovelled like the front and back entrances. They never answer their phone within 2 days of a snow fall either. It's like being in a bad relationship! Stay away - there are many other better companies out there

arthur from Toronto
arthur from Toronto

snow removal

THE WORST. Rarely show up. Do a terrible job. Never return calls. Awful. They cashed the cheque quickly enough, but don't provide the service they're contracted to provide. Avoid at all cost!

We’re sorry you are upset with our service, but there are certain service levels we provide, and you chose the least expensive service. Had you chosen our priority service, you would have received the service level you were expecting; however, on every snow route for every driver, someone has to be near the end of the route, and unfortunately, that was you last year.

As for not showing up, each of our drivers logs each visit to each location, and we always know who goes where at what time, and we keep those records. It may not be apparent to you, but sometimes we clean the snow, and more falls, and then we have to come back - which we do, but if you don’t see our first clearing job before the new snow, you’ll never know!

As for not answering the phones, it’s true it’s difficult to get a live person during a snow event, as we have many customers who need to tell us if they need cleanup, so the answering machines are the most efficient way to collect information on where to send our cleanup crews.

Every complaint or request for a cleanup that is left as a message, both via email and the phone, is printed out and acted upon. If any of our customers are worried about our service, we do accept post dated cheques for our services - so you can see us at work yourselves.

McCarthy in Toronto
McCarthy in Toronto

Seasonal snow removal

The contract stated that snow removal was guaranteed within 12 hours of the completion of a snowfall with accumulation greater than 1 inch.
After the 1st significant snowfall, we had to call and email the company SEVERAL times before they came. They were supposed to clear the driveway and rear parking area, but when they did clear it, they simply cleared one swath and did not clear the entire area as contracted.
We consistently had to go to the property to shovel. As this is a rental property and we don't live there, we had to keep checking with the tenants to see if the snow had been removed. They NEVER showed up to plow unless we repeatedly called and/or emailed them. We specifically asked them to let us know when the work was completed, and although we heard back a couple of times after excessive delays and incomplete service, we generally heard nothing.
Unfortunately we could never rely on them to show up and when they did, the work was incomplete.

More about Forest Hill Snow Removal