Forest Fence & Deck Company Ltd

Reviews for Forest Fence & Deck Company Ltd

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto

Deck and Cabana

I had used Forest in the past and was quite satisfied. They were quite prompt and professional. They started by building a deck for me and although there was a small misunderstanding of what I wanted they admitted their mistake and made up for it with some credits.
I then had a Cabana built. We had a few issues that took quite some time to get resolved. We also were looking for folding windows which they could not deliver on and so we went to a 3rd party. We did have issues with the 3rd party and they did not finish the job by installing trim around the windows. Forest during one of our meetings offered to do the trim at no cost because of the work we had already done with them and while they completed some of the repairs.
This is where we had issues. After chasing them for almost a year they finally repaired the issues but then pulled back on their offer to add the trim. Although I understand they were doing it as a courtesy (I did not ask for it) I am very disappointed that I had to chase them for a year then learn that they now decided they couldn't/wouldn't do it.
Quality is pretty good, pricing is fair but extremely disappointed they did not keep their word.

SteveN from Mississauga
SteveN from Mississauga

Deck replacement

We met Forest Fence & Deck at the Home Show, amongst many, and based on past experience didn't have much expectation of follow-up,afterwards. Within 3 days they showed that they were a different kind of company by coming on site and beginning the quote process. We weren't sure of what the design should be as we were adding in a hot tub. Dave gave us a great design and willingly incorporated our tweaks to what has turned out to be an awesome Trex composite deck. Gary and Simon are extremely talented at their work; also very conscientious with maximizing their work day. With most contractors if there's a hint of rain you won't see them for the day. These guys would see that it was going to stop raining at noon and be here at 11:30 to be ready when it stopped - a very honourable work ethic plus great pride in their craftsmanship. They even did cutouts on the floor boards for the hot tub shell so it looks built in rather than dropped in. It's been nothing but rave compliments from friends and neighbours as we now have an awesome entertainment space. We highly recommend the guys at Forest and will be using them again for the fence.

Homelover
Homelover

Brand new cedar deck

The old deck was removed and a new one installed in 2 weeks time. The base is extremely sturdy and the deck is perfectly levelled. The wood was cut into a herringbone pattern which is eye-pleasing. The corners have benches and gates were put at the top of the stairs which are very strong yet easy to open and close. The skirting along the bottom is perfectly uniform. Lights were put into each of the stairs which is eye-pleasing and self-functioning according to a daylight sensor. The team worked hard and seemingly never took any breaks. They graciously declined any offers of coffee or food and they cleaned up the mess completely. A bit pricey but 100% satisfied with the result. Staining is not included but does not seem immediately necessary. Would definately recommend this company to friends.

Review has 1 previous version
Joanne Dignard in Aurora
Joanne Dignard in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Trex Deck & Cedar Cabana

I have hired Forest at three separate homes over the years.
Most recently they built a trex deck for me & a cedar poolhouse.

as always from contracting to completion with a couple of needed change orders along the way - we were thrilled.
I would not hesitate to refer them

Valerie Murray in Aurora
Valerie Murray in Aurora
5 reviews Aurora, ON

Backyard Fence / front entrance railings

We just bought a lovely home in Aurora in November and needed a new solid fence almost instantly - 100lb German Shepherd who needs to be off leash in her own yard - so we needed a fence pronto. The problem was winter snow was imminent, the lot is quite raised, and lined by horrible 20 year old plus swamp cedars which had to go. We got quotes from several fencers but Dave just drove over, walked the yard, chatted with the dog, did the measurements, called with a quote, met us with design options and we loved him INSTANTLY. The fence, built even though there was a foot of snow on the ground and really cold, but did that stop Dave and his crew - nope! The fence is stunning, custom built gates on either side of the house, yard cleaned up, front entrance railings gorgeous - my sister and I cannot recommend this company too highly. Outstanding, quality workmanship, very professional company and the entire crew was very comfortable to be around. Don't think twice, Forest Fence & Decks is the company for you!

Lesley in North York
Lesley in North York

backyard deck

A number of years ago, we hired this company to cover an existing deck. The job kept being delayed until the snow was flying. The workmanship was appalling. Some boards were too short by 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Other boards were warped or splintered.The railing was so rough you couldn't put your hand on it without fear of slivers and ditto for the deck surface. We had them come back to answer our complaints. Several visits later all we ever got were acknowlegements that there were problems, but each time someone came,often the same person who had been there before, the whole story had to be retold and amnesia had apparently taken hold since the previous visit. The problems never were fixed. Never again.

Tracey, Stouffville
Tracey, Stouffville
2 reviews Stouffville, ON

Custom Cedar Deck

I have had 2 decks built by Forest and their design, pricing and service is second to none. They provided innovative design solutions to meet my needs and both were installed exactly when promised. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Cheryl from rosedale

905-841-6664
15201 Woodbine Ave
Gormley
L0H 1G0

Fence was built to enclose backyard and workmanship, clean up and final product was well done. No complaints. Job was done in a timely manner. I would recommend this company.