Firstview Homes

General Contractors
680 Bayview Dr Barrie ON L4N9A6
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Innisfil  >  Firstview Homes

Reviews for Firstview Homes

DO NOT BUY A HOUSE WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

The absolute worst builders out there you will regret buying with them I wish someone would have wrote this before I purchased a home with them.
ZERO post sale communication
Over 200+ items on terrion report And next to none fixed by the builder.
Employees are ignorant and rude.
Will not accomodate your schedule they force you to accomodate theirs which is 8-4 so if you have a job your forced to take time off without reimbursement.

Too many bad things to list.
BUYER BEWARE THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY

Ray in Toronto
Ray in Toronto
1 review Simcoe County, ON

New homes

Best build homes second to none. They go out of their way to please customers & all 3 houses I bought from them in Barrie prior were perfect in every way. Dealing with Joe & his brothers was a great experience & delight, they put other builders to shame.

Helene in Aurora
Helene in Aurora
1 review Barrie, ON

DISAPPOINTING QUALITY OF HOME

In a nutshell, I have had to dish out 25K for roof and window replacement. The quality of work and materials from First View Homes is very bad. Buy custom build so you know what you are getting.

Pony from Vaughan
Pony from Vaughan
1 review Woodbridge, ON

new staircase

Had a new staircase installed , company topflight stairs out of barrie. They gave me poor quality material and workmanship. Terry took my money and said he would give me solid white oak staircase, instead I received laminated veneer with mismatched grains, poor joinery in the treads and stringers.they mixed red oak with white oak.they were very late in delivery and told me to take it or leave it.I had no choice in the matter as I needed occupancy and my railings were waiting to be installed for 2months. Do not use these people.Buyer beware.They should not be in business.learn from my experience.

donna kristoffersen from Barrie
donna kristoffersen from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

new home 1999 southend barrie

put wrong color brick on half of 1 side of house/ forgot the rough in 4 central vac in master bedroom/ bathroom vent goes into attic not the vent outside :( would never get a firstview home again. home warranty is a waste of money. They were no help.

Nuck from Brampton
Nuck from Brampton
1 review Innisfil, ON

home

sewer system problems, hydro seeded grass only has weeds, and it is wrong type.... grows many times faster than the sod.

Inside finishing are completely unprofessional. Delayed the house twice (agreement had it included and took full advantage of it), then delayed the closing again by month.... they don't know anything about time management, the homes that were closing 3-4 months later were ready before ours.

poor quality of material and workmanship. Never buy from this builder.

clint from Angus
clint from Angus
1 review Angus, ON

Firstview Homes Angus

I have had a Firstview home since 2008 and since then my sewer main has a dip in it where it was incorrectly installed and has sunk

I have been dealing with this nightmare of a person named Marcello.

When he was here “fixing” my sewer. The day he was here watching the guys trying to fix the problem he said to me that he was going to reimburse the $250 I had to spend to get a plumber out. I forwarded the copy of the plumber invoice to him on multiple occasions. He also admitted to me on multiple occasions that there is still going to be a problem on the “city side”

Now he is claiming that it is not his responsibility because it is on the “city side”
I emailed him and asked him to email me what exactly was wrong and why it was the city’s responsibility. So I could give it to the city people. He would not respond (most likely because he didn’t want to give me anything in writing)

I have contacted the city and they sent me a copy of the by-law that explains that the city has NO responsibility for any part of the sewer service from the main out. “Including the part from the property line to the sewer main”

I have been on a phone call with Marcello where he was trying to bait me into saying different things and when I said that I don’t own the road he then said “I trapped you”

I sent him a copy of the by-law and he said he won’t read it. I even asked if it would help if I got the township to call him. (He said he won’t take the call)

It sounds like every opportunity I have to prove my case he openly will not read or talk to anything that can help me.

He kept on claiming that I purposely tricked and gave him false info to him and sent him false information to get him to fix the sewer. I gave him every bit of info that the people from Enbridge gave me and explained where I got the info from.

At the end of the call (right before I hung up on him (which is what I believe he was trying to get me to do)) he told me to get my lawyer involved. So I am going to take that as he will NOT be finishing the job. I never swore at him until AFTER he started cursing at me. He also told me that I don’t have “enough brains in my head” to listen to him.

The thing here is Marcello can say he is not responsible but the Township can PROVE that they are not responsible and that he is.

The day he was here and for the time shortly after he claimed that he would fix the lawn, fix the driveway and reimburse the $250

I am not asking for millions of dollars here. (I have been laid off since January and this bits of money is a very big deal to me)

I am asking for the job that was started to be completed and I am asking for the $250 that I spent on a plumber (not the other 2 times that I can’t prove) and to have Firstview pay for a plumber to video the sewer to prove that the repair job was sufficient.

The other problem I have had with house is that we found furnace duct lines not even hooked up (inside walls) uneven floors (almost a inch peak in the kitchen), was told that i would have 30 feet of trees in the back yard.( i had to stop the loggers from clearcutting, and when the graders smothered the roots I had to cut down 17 large trees and now i am left with 2) the entire exterior brick is covered in mortar, roof os wavey and shingles are bad. There is also a softspot where i know I con not stan on the roof. I have a cupboard door that is 8 feet at the top and scrached very badly(they told me i did that) the list goes on and on.

The very worst thing is that they built my home IN the water table. I have been here 5 years and have had my sub-pump overflow 4 times and have burnt out 3 pumps. The water flows so fast into the sub-pump that in the wet season the pump will cycle on every 25 seconds and in the "dry" season it comes on every couple of minutes. (yes, it runs all year)

There are so many problems with house that only way to fix this house is to burn it down and have a child build a better house to replace it.

I have contacted Mike Holmes to try to get him to do something done about this builder. (not even for him to fix my house) just for him to shut down Firstview

DO NOT BUT FIRSTVIEW. YOU WILL BE SORRY

very angry customer from Goodwood
very angry customer from Goodwood
1 review Goodwood, ON

Goodwood old carriage

We bought a house from this builder last year, the aftersale service is a nightmare. Call the office,send e-mails, most of the time didn't return the calls or respond the e-mails (hang up on people). Actually, most of the community has a backyard hydroseed problem and the builder don't want to fix the problem. The backyards are filled with 20 % of lawn and 80 % of weeds... Very deceived considering the cost of the houses.....

ann in Goodwood
ann in Goodwood
1 review Goodwood, ON

Goodwood, Huge lots. Beautiful Homes

We moved into our new home a few months ago in Goodwood and it was a great experience! We have a beautifully finished 4000 sf ft home full of extras on a HUGE lot. We were able to make changes with the sales staff and the decor center has a huge selection. The quality of our home is outstanding - cabinets, trim,paint, hardwood ,everything. Everyone we dealt with was very knowledgeable and treated my family and I very well. We highly recommend First View Homes. Keep up the good work!

John in Keswick
John in Keswick
1 review KESWICK, ON

New home purchase

Bought a firstview and complained about various drafts from windows and doors. Missed appointments or no answering of phones. Hanging up on us. We sold after two years and our old neighbor told us the basement collapsed two months later. So if buying one of these homes flip it quick or ask your agent about the history of firstview. Apparently agents are now told to inform potential buyers about the basement leak problem in keswick before they buy in this subdivision.