Fireplace Concepts Inc

Fireplaces
365 Davenport Rd Toronto ON M5R 1K5
HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Toronto  >  Fireplace Concepts Inc

Reviews for Fireplace Concepts Inc

Horrible company to work with

The owner of this company is arrogant, rude and completely unreliable.
He sent incapable staff to do an installation; causing more damage and delay to my project than help. Did not offer any apologies or compensation for damages explicitly caught on video.
Customer service was absolutely deplorable . When Approached in regards to missed timelines , damage to the home and overall inefficiencies- he was completely unprofessional and began berating his customer.
He had a problem for every solution and an excuse for every mistake he made from minor to major. Would NOT recommend going down this rocky road, especially for large purchases. 15k for nothing but headaches.

John Lowden from Toronto
John Lowden from Toronto

Fireplace Renovation

Thanks to Peter who was able to visit the job, determine the complete scope of service and prepared a detailed estimate and schedule. Also thanks to Jeff and his construction crew who completed on time with no additional costs and were very conciensous about cleaning up and and advising when they would come and go. Lastly thanks to Des who finished up with the final painting.

jonathan fraser from Toronto
jonathan fraser from Toronto

Fireplace installation

Excellent installation job for a fair price. Communicating with them too some diligence to stay on top of them for timing, details, etc. That said the job was done well and quickly, and they were responsive to make sure we were happy. Highly recommend.

Tracy from Toronto
Tracy from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Installation and build for new gas fireplace

They did quality work on the installation and the fireplace looks great. Unfortunately it's not exactly what I wanted. The stone is not the colour I asked for and the wooden mantle part is also the wrong colour. I showed Peter a picture of the design I wanted but I also showed him the different stone and said white wood instead of brown. I felt like he wasn't taking me seriously but after I sent the first payment instalment I thought I'd have better luck so I called him to figure out when we would discuss the stone and colours. He assured me he already understood. He didn't. I can live with the stone which actually is nice but I have to paint the wood now. Considering how much I paid (which is a lot and was more than the other quotes). I shouldn't have to do this. I own my own house and I don't look too young to have money so I'm not sure why they didn't take me seriously. I'm a single female so maybe he was wondering where my husband was or maybe i should have been more aggressive. Maybe I just caught him at a busy time. In any event, if you use them make sure you try harder than I did to make them hear you so that you get what you want.

Stephanie in Cabbagetown
Stephanie in Cabbagetown

Installation of gas fireplace

Peter at Fireplace Concepts was great (as was his brother, who also worked on the installation). We have a 100+-year-old home that once had a fireplace. It had been blocked off. We removed the wall and hired a mason, thinking we could put in a wood fireplace ... it was not to be, owing to all sorts of issues. Plan B was to install a gas fireplace, and that's where Fireplace Concepts came in (they had done our neighbours' fireplace, too).

While there were many challenges, they eventually made it work, and they did a beautiful job. We love our fireplace. Moreover, they did it to the original deadline, despite all the challenges (which were not owing to them), which meant we had it for Christmas. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sean D.
Sean D.

Fireplace surround

Hired this company to replace a fireplace surround. They used quality materials but delivered the wrong finish. Mantel was not solid-for the price paid it should have been. Design guy was very resistant to my ideas-felt like he just wanted to get the job over with. There happened to be lots going on in my life at the time otherwise I would have asked for the deposit back and gone somewhere else. Don't get me wrong I think they do decent work-not spectacular but decent, it's just that you will pay dearly for it.

aupson
aupson

Gas Fireplace Installation

Fireplace Concepts installed my gas fireplace in my home. I originally was a customer of a shop in the Forest Hill area, but am now extremely pleased to be a customer of Fireplace Concepts. They know how to treat their customers well. Thank you!!!

Rob in Downtown Toronto
Rob in Downtown Toronto

Fireplace insert

I had an old non-funcitoning fireplace lined with ceramic tiles. I went to the Fireplace Concepts showroom and saw some of my options. They were great at understanding what I was looking for and made some suggestions that made sure I would be happy with the look and size of the fireplace. The guys came in closed off the room with drop cloths to keep the soot in one room; put a liner in the chimney; tore out the ceramic tiles; connected the gas, put in the insert and hooked it all up. They walked me through maintenance and operation and I was ready to go. They told me that if I wanted to save some money I could do the painting/tiling/repairs myself or they could do it. I was glad to have those options. They were professional and clean. When they left you couldn't tell that it was a construction site a few hours before. I would use them again.

Razor in East york
Razor in East york

Fireplace Insert Installation

A new fireplace insert to replace the existing defective gas fireplace was in the plan for 2012. However, having started a basement renovation in the summer which included cutting out the boiler pipes I was facing a cold winter without sufficient heating on the main floor due to delays in the basement reno.

I started looking for a fireplace insert the first week of December skeptical that one would be installed before Christmas and sure enough a few contractors stated they could not come in until after January. I called Fireplace Concepts and Peter went out of his way to come to my house. He promptly quoted me the next day for a Valor G3 series and suggested that it be installed elevated. The fireplace was installed the very next week just in time as temperatures plummeted. I am now able to enjoy a Christmas with a warm fireplace! The quoted price was slightly more than some of the other contractors but I would not have received the quality service and attention to detail on the installation otherwise.

Thank you Fireplace Concepts for a job well done!

Stutee Kapoor in Maple
Stutee Kapoor in Maple
3 reviews ,

Fireplace

Fireplace concept has a very innovative and a proffessional team. they go out of their way to satisfy the customer. Initially I foud it expensive, but was more than happy with the end result. My fireplace has turned out beautiful. Fireplace concepts managed from scratch till the end!