Fireplace Concepts Inc

Reviews for Fireplace Concepts Inc

moonshake
moonshake

Gas Fireplace Repair

We bought our gas log set from Fireplace Concepts back in the late 1990s and it worked perfectly for many years It hadn't been on in 5 years and the previous serviceperson who looked at it said he couldn't fix it and it was then completely turned off. . Ben, Fireplace Concepts serviceperson, came today and got our livingroom fireplace gas log set up and running quickly. Very polite and also very meticulous. Checked CO2 levels, annd told us he would come back in the new year to install a separate gas shutoff valve downstairs since no one had previously done that and also put a lock to keep the chimney vent open as the previous serviceperson took it off and closed the vent when he shut off the unit. Very happy with the service. Should have had this done sooner, but the last guy made us think we had to get a new unit (maybe that was his plan). Highly recommend using Fireplace Concepts for service/repairs.

J416
J416

Fireplace Servicing and Repair

My review is in regards to the company servicing technician, not an installation of a new fireplace. The technician was very knowledgeable and experienced and knew how to troubleshoot our issue. He was honest and straightforward and saved us from having to replace our whole unit, which had been suggested as our only option by Classic Fireplace store (who really only wanted to sell us a new unit instead of repairing our older unit). Will be coming back to this company ultimately when we do need to replace our unit, but that may be a long ways down the road thanks to their excellent technician.

Andrea in Old Toronto
Andrea in Old Toronto

3 fireplaces

After my 3 fireplaces were installed at my new home, I immediately noticed all three inserts were NOT the ones I had ordered. I notified Peter right away, on July 31st.

It is now November 9th and he has not corrected his error. He acknowledged they were installed incorrectly but has done nothing to fix the problem. After spending $36,000 I expected much better customer service. This is completely unacceptable.

Horrible company to work with

The owner of this company is arrogant, rude and completely unreliable.
He sent incapable staff to do an installation; causing more damage and delay to my project than help. Did not offer any apologies or compensation for damages explicitly caught on video.
Customer service was absolutely deplorable . When Approached in regards to missed timelines , damage to the home and overall inefficiencies- he was completely unprofessional and began berating his customer.
He had a problem for every solution and an excuse for every mistake he made from minor to major. Would NOT recommend going down this rocky road, especially for large purchases. 15k for nothing but headaches.

John Lowden from Toronto
John Lowden from Toronto

Fireplace Renovation

Thanks to Peter who was able to visit the job, determine the complete scope of service and prepared a detailed estimate and schedule. Also thanks to Jeff and his construction crew who completed on time with no additional costs and were very conciensous about cleaning up and and advising when they would come and go. Lastly thanks to Des who finished up with the final painting.

jonathan fraser from Toronto
jonathan fraser from Toronto

Fireplace installation

Excellent installation job for a fair price. Communicating with them too some diligence to stay on top of them for timing, details, etc. That said the job was done well and quickly, and they were responsive to make sure we were happy. Highly recommend.

Tracy from Toronto
Tracy from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Installation and build for new gas fireplace

They did quality work on the installation and the fireplace looks great. Unfortunately it's not exactly what I wanted. The stone is not the colour I asked for and the wooden mantle part is also the wrong colour. I showed Peter a picture of the design I wanted but I also showed him the different stone and said white wood instead of brown. I felt like he wasn't taking me seriously but after I sent the first payment instalment I thought I'd have better luck so I called him to figure out when we would discuss the stone and colours. He assured me he already understood. He didn't. I can live with the stone which actually is nice but I have to paint the wood now. Considering how much I paid (which is a lot and was more than the other quotes). I shouldn't have to do this. I own my own house and I don't look too young to have money so I'm not sure why they didn't take me seriously. I'm a single female so maybe he was wondering where my husband was or maybe i should have been more aggressive. Maybe I just caught him at a busy time. In any event, if you use them make sure you try harder than I did to make them hear you so that you get what you want.

Stephanie in Cabbagetown
Stephanie in Cabbagetown

Installation of gas fireplace

Peter at Fireplace Concepts was great (as was his brother, who also worked on the installation). We have a 100+-year-old home that once had a fireplace. It had been blocked off. We removed the wall and hired a mason, thinking we could put in a wood fireplace ... it was not to be, owing to all sorts of issues. Plan B was to install a gas fireplace, and that's where Fireplace Concepts came in (they had done our neighbours' fireplace, too).

While there were many challenges, they eventually made it work, and they did a beautiful job. We love our fireplace. Moreover, they did it to the original deadline, despite all the challenges (which were not owing to them), which meant we had it for Christmas. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sean
Sean

Fireplace surround

Hired this company to replace a fireplace surround. They used quality materials but delivered the wrong finish. Mantel was not solid-for the price paid it should have been. Design guy was very resistant to my ideas-felt like he just wanted to get the job over with. There happened to be lots going on in my life at the time otherwise I would have asked for the deposit back and gone somewhere else. Don't get me wrong I think they do decent work-not spectacular but decent, it's just that you will pay dearly for it.

aupson
aupson

Gas Fireplace Installation

Fireplace Concepts installed my gas fireplace in my home. I originally was a customer of a shop in the Forest Hill area, but am now extremely pleased to be a customer of Fireplace Concepts. They know how to treat their customers well. Thank you!!!