Fabricana Imports Ltd

Fabricana Imports Ltd

Reviews for Fabricana Imports Ltd

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Unfriendly and unhelpful

I've shopped here regularly for years, mostly because I have no choice. This is now the only fabric store in Richmond, and it has been for at least 15 years.

This is a family-run store, which you'd think would be great. Unfortunately, every time I've had to deal with one of the family, I've gotten the distinct impression of barely suppressed racism from them. I used to think it was just general arrogance, but I've seen people who look a certain way treated terribly or been ignored often enough that it can hardly be a coincidence. It's infuriating. I try to only deal with the employees, if I can possibly help it.

On the positive side, they have a good selection of fabrics at a fair price. Just don't expect a positive service experience if you have the misfortune of having to deal with one of the family.

Kate Teague from Surrey
Kate Teague from Surrey
11 reviews Surrey, BC

Quilt

I went their for fabrics and notions for a quilt for my daughters bed. The selection is fantastic and the prices are very competitive. I would go back there again even though it was bit out of my way.

Christine Pawsey from Surrey
Christine Pawsey from Surrey
4 reviews Surrey, BC

my daughters school project batik & tie dye

My daughter & I went to Fabricana to get supplies and ideas for her school project. I drive out of my way to go there because service & quality is great! The girl who helped us was bubbling with enthusiasm & showed us the most amazing fabrics & ideas when she learned we were trying batik & tie dye for the first time. A lovely cotton silk blend with little circles woven in the fabric that we wrapped the buttons around (126!) & ended up with this amazing scarf!

MICHELLE in Burnaby
MICHELLE in Burnaby
22 reviews BURNABY, BC

Draperies and pillows

I was looking for some suedette fabrics to make my own curtains and matching throw pillows and a friend recommended that i try fabricana. Their selection was a bit overwhelming but i found a sales associate who was able to give some direction. She helped me pick out fabric and accessories that i would need for the project. I haven't started working on it yet, but overall i was quite pleased with my experience at this store.

Judy Rohde in Port coquitlam
Judy Rohde in Port coquitlam
9 reviews PORT COQUITLAM, BC

Dance costume making

I go into Fabricanan at least 10 times a month during the pre dance season and with each visit they get better and better. If I am looking for a specific type of fabric or design they help me to find it carry all my project materials for cutting and make sure that I am not over or under purchasing. They are always very helpful and courteous

Laurel in Surrey
Laurel in Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

Curtains

I wanted to make some simple curtains for my office. I went to the Fabricana in Coquitlam on United Blvd. The store is HUGE. The selection is delightful. I spoke with 5 sales people and each was friendly, professional, well-spoken and patient with this beginner. It's worth the trip from White Rock. If you don't find what you want here, you can check in with Fabricland acoss the street, but check with Fabricana first. Delishious fabrics, gorgeous prints and lushious colours. Plus they have classes (for beginners like me and experts in stuff like sewing a dress all the way up to doing alterations.

Estee in Vancouver
Estee in Vancouver
6 reviews Vancouver, BC

window treatment

This store carries a wide selection of fabric and accessories. The staff are helpful and knowledgable. They help me double check my measurements so that I buy enough fabric and allow for shrinkage and they also tell me how to care for the fabric.

yvonne in Richmond
yvonne in Richmond
5 reviews Richmond, BC

Hair clips/ Mini Hats for kids

Fabricana has the most selection on different fabric I need for my crafts projects! They have the cutest pattern and widest range of different fabric from laces to silk to cotton to ...you name it! I especially like it when I can get small amount of fabric or get those discontinued or discounted fabric as my projects are not that big. I went to other fabric store but they were either messy, dusty or without helpful staff. I would definitely spend more time in Fabricana and recommend it to everyone else.

Vionna in Burnaby
Vionna in Burnaby
6 reviews BURNABY, BC

Fabric for Curtains

They definitely have a wide selection of fabric for window treatments. On the second floor of the store, it’s all there. Some can get pricey though, but it’s definitely good quality fabric. I checked Fabricland on Marine Dr and the selection is nothing compared to Fabricana. I bought some fabrics to make curtains myself for my new home and it’s beautiful! It’s difficult to find ready to hang curtains to my liking. I did some mix and match of fabrics and the result was really good. The staffs there were really helpful too if you are a first time sewer!

T C in Burnaby
T C in Burnaby
5 reviews Burnaby, BC

lace trims, buttons

There is a wide range of selections of lace trims, buttons, bindings, everything in the store! It is amazing. The staff was really helpful and knowledgable. They also have a store in Coquitlam, I found the Coq store a little tidier than the Richmond store.