Excel Shades

C B in Toronto
C B in Toronto
2 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Excellent job!

We had a birthday party coming up in less than 2 weeks, so my wife and I decided to change our blinds to California shutters.

Unfortunately, all the other companies couldn't promise to finish the project within that timeframe. When we met Carmela, she was professional, courteous and honest. She addressed our concerns and although she didn't promise to finish the job, she did say about 90% sure she could deliver. That was good enough for us, so we signed with Excel Shades.

On installation day, the guys were on time and finished the job way before the time they promised. They were thorough, clean, professional and they took the time to explain to us how to properly clean and operate the shutters.

Thanks so much for the excellent products and services your company provided....I would give Excel 11 stars if possible.

Danny Ang in Toronto
Danny Ang in Toronto

Opera Roller Blinds- 1st time home owner

Like we all know, finding the right contractor, finding the reliable suppliers, can be challenging in this city! That's the reason why you are visiting this website so you can read reviews or learn from peoples past experience.

When I first contacted Excel Shades through HomeStars, I was like 'wow, this lady is a little aggressive on me!' but please please don't be taken aback of how Carmela speaks. She is simply a no 'BS' business owner, and can tell how much experience she has, to built this company. And all she want is the best for her customer and also what make business sense to her company.

We are so new to owning a house, there is so much to learn. Carmela have so much compassion and understanding and walk me through the different options. Before ExcelShades, I contacted bigger and reputable companies. All their contractor/ consultant come by and spent less than 30 mins and appears often appears they have a flight to catch :p ! But when Carmela sent her team (which literally took them 1 hour from the first call I had with Carmela, to come by our new home) Michael took his time to explain and work with us. He even engaged Carmela through phone for more options and potential solutions. You can see how much dedication they have in impressing their customer.

Most times, companies as such, what they commonly do is, impress you at first, and get your business, and just leave you high and dry! So at that point, I was still not very convinced. But ExcelShades did NOT, and ensure they have proper follow up. Even they run on such small team, they will ensure they tell you that they are busy and will get back to you and they really did.

Over promise under deliver is possibly the most common thing out there, but ExcelShades did the opposite! They make sure we are aware what we are getting, from quality to cost, to even timeline. The amount of effort they put in, exceeded my expectation. While they provide the personal touch, they remained highly professional. Again NO BS, if yes means yes, no means I try for ExcelShades. I'm sure like most customers, or homeowners, all they want is NOT to be short changed, or under delivered.

All I can say is, I am lucky to have called ExcelShades and linked up with Carmela (when all I wanted was to get a second opinion, and ended up being their customer). They worked with me with sincerity and with their hearts (please note- they too are human and have limitations)

One of the most impressive thing that I would like to mention (and worth mentioned) is, I have a window that is bigger than industrial standards, both HomeDepot and BlindsToGo said they have to break the blinds into 3 different panels, but again Excel Shades made it all possible and provided us exactly what we want. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to pull that through with their supplier. With this alone, you can see how much dedication they have.

All I wish and hope for is, with this little review of mine, can make YOU think twice about working with others. Have a chat with Excel Shades, see what they can do for you. Of course like I said, if they can't then, they will not promise you.

Lastly, with regards to the cost, like I said before. They too have a business to run. In whatever ways they can do to help, they are willing to, within their means. Not sure how you work around with your suppliers or contractors, but to me personally, so long they are willing (I know from other quotes I received, and I too can feel) they can, and they will do something for you, and again, Excel Shades did.

All I can say is I am thankful and grateful, to have Excel Shades as my supplier. Thank you Excel Shades, Thank you Carmela.

G.E
G.E
1 review Pickering, ON

Shades installation

I had new shades installed in the family room and all bedrooms. The job was perfectly done in a very professional manner. Carmella was very helpful and she was always making sure that the job was done neatly and that I am completely satisfied. I appreciate what she has done. I highly recommend Excel shades to anyone who is looking for top quality products with reasonable pricing.

selawrence
selawrence

Living Room Shades

Carmela listened to our concerns. Very helpful with our decision to go with blinds or shutters. Measurements taken for estimate then for purchase & again by installers. Installers visit was helpful as we had concerns. So pleased they were able to not touch any of the woodwork around the window frames . Day of installation we received a call before they arrived. They did an excellent job of adjusting brackets so the blinds were perfectly straight. They made sure we were comfortable adjusting the blinds. Carmellia arrived as well. Very impressed with both sales & installation. A Canadian Toronto based company also.

cmandarino
cmandarino

Silhouettes and roller Shades

Very well done and installers were efficient and courteous and tidy overall the window coverings look great

martinL in Whitby
martinL in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Shutters And Silhouettes

Extremely professional true to their word. Excellent work in terms of installation and service. Friendly and informative!!

Rachel
Rachel
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Vinyl Shutters

The service was excellent! Everyone was friendly, knowledgeable, quick, efficient and clean. Carmela was great and very accommodating; I have already referred her and would do it again!!

Carie from Newcastle
Carie from Newcastle
2 reviews Courtice, ON

Shutters Sunsets and Roller Shades

I just moved into my brand new home and needed window coverings ASAP. I contacted Excel Shades and had an appointment that worked for me. Carmella was courteous and professional. She worked with me to have the job work within my budget. Carmella listened to my ideas and assisted me in my decision making. Carmella followed up with me throughout the installation day to make sure everything was going well.

The window treatments were ready within 3 weeks. The installers were friendly, knowledgeable and respectful. I had 10 windows done - ranging from basic blinds in the basement, California shutters for the front of the house windows and silhouettes for the rest. The installers were done in just over an hour.

I received a call from the installers before they arrived. They were patient with my dogs and talkative to me. They cleaned up after the job was done and shook my hand thanking me!

I would highly recommend Excel Shades. Their products are high quality and the service phenomenal!

Thanks again Carmella

Andrew from Toronto
Andrew from Toronto

Roller Blinds Installation

Carmella and her team exceeded my expectations in price, quality, timing and customer service. They followed up immediately, booked a meeting at my convenience, had a massive selection on colours and textures for us to choose for our roller blinds in our two storey loft in the downtown core, and graciously accommodated our price ceiling. The installation itself was done my two friendly and very experienced professionals for her distributor and it only took about 1 hour to complete the job. Would highly recommend.

More about Excel Shades

When you dress your windows in the exquisite window coverings available from Excel Shades you add a touch of style and class to any room. We have been serving clients in the Toronto and Durham region for over 20 years. We are experienced in knowing what homeowners and businesses want ...