Excel Shades

adevito04 in Ajax, Ontario CANADA L1S1Y3
adevito04 in Ajax, Ontario CANADA L1S1Y3
1 review Whitby, ON

Silhouettes

Excellent service from the start! Carmela is very knowledge in window treatments, she professional and offers her expertise. I definately would use her again and wouldn’t hesitate for a second im recommending such a reliable company “excel shades”.

Hi Angie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you and helping you make the right selection of shades. They look beautiful! Thanks again for your business. Carmela

mike bozin in Ajax
mike bozin in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Service and Product

We purchased our vinyl shutters from Excel Shades in 1999. Over the years we kept in contact with Excel Shades for service maintenance and they were vary responsive. When time came for a major home renovation (kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms and family room) we contacted Excel Shades for new window coverings. Carmela came the next day and we were impressed by her selection of fabric for drapery and shades as well as her advice and decorating expertise. The team of installers were great and were in and out in no time. Thank you again Carmela and Excel Shades.

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for your review! Excel Shades appreciates you taking the time to let us and others know how satisfied you are with your window coverings and our service. It was a pleasure helping you select the right fabric and shades you were looking for! I appreciate your loyal business and your referrals! Thanks again. Carmela

Jenny1971 in Ajax
Jenny1971 in Ajax
1 review , ON

Thank you Carmela!

Project: sheer shades and roller blinds In Ajax.
We are very happy with our entire experience with Excel Shades! Carmela instantly understood our needs and the style that we were interested in. She guided us through the assortment of fabrics for roller blinds and shades to achieve that look. The installation process was seamless. Very professional and clean. We will absolutely recommend Excel Shades to anyone who needs this type of service.

Hi Jenny
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you had such a positive experience. Our installers take pride in their installation. We're glad that we lived up to your expectations and it really was a pleasure helping you make your home look great! I appreciate any future referrals and commit to providing excellent price and service. Thanks again. Carmela

Tom T.
Tom T.
1 review Whitby, ON

Window shades

My wife and I received quotes for shutters and shades from two big retail chains. Our neighbors recommended Carmela from Excel Shades. Her price was better and the delivery time was 3 weeks instead of 4 to 6 weeks. Carmela was very helpful in guiding us through the purchase process. The installers were professional and efficient. We are extremely satisfied with the purchase of our motorized window coverings from Excel Shades and I would highly recommend friends and family.

Hi Tom
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're always happy to hear when our customers are pleased with our service, product and price! I appreciate your business and look forward to offering the same service and price to your friends and family. Thanks again Carmela

C B in Toronto
C B in Toronto
2 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Excellent job!

We had a birthday party coming up in less than 2 weeks, so my wife and I decided to change our blinds to California shutters.

Unfortunately, all the other companies couldn't promise to finish the project within that timeframe. When we met Carmela, she was professional, courteous and honest. She addressed our concerns and although she didn't promise to finish the job, she did say about 90% sure she could deliver. That was good enough for us, so we signed with Excel Shades.

On installation day, the guys were on time and finished the job way before the time they promised. They were thorough, clean, professional and they took the time to explain to us how to properly clean and operate the shutters.

Thanks so much for the excellent products and services your company provided....I would give Excel 11 stars if possible.

Danny Ang in Toronto
Danny Ang in Toronto

Opera Roller Blinds- 1st time home owner

Like we all know, finding the right contractor, finding the reliable suppliers, can be challenging in this city! That's the reason why you are visiting this website so you can read reviews or learn from peoples past experience.

When I first contacted Excel Shades through HomeStars, I was like 'wow, this lady is a little aggressive on me!' but please please don't be taken aback of how Carmela speaks. She is simply a no 'BS' business owner, and can tell how much experience she has, to built this company. And all she want is the best for her customer and also what make business sense to her company.

We are so new to owning a house, there is so much to learn. Carmela have so much compassion and understanding and walk me through the different options. Before ExcelShades, I contacted bigger and reputable companies. All their contractor/ consultant come by and spent less than 30 mins and appears often appears they have a flight to catch :p ! But when Carmela sent her team (which literally took them 1 hour from the first call I had with Carmela, to come by our new home) Michael took his time to explain and work with us. He even engaged Carmela through phone for more options and potential solutions. You can see how much dedication they have in impressing their customer.

Most times, companies as such, what they commonly do is, impress you at first, and get your business, and just leave you high and dry! So at that point, I was still not very convinced. But ExcelShades did NOT, and ensure they have proper follow up. Even they run on such small team, they will ensure they tell you that they are busy and will get back to you and they really did.

Over promise under deliver is possibly the most common thing out there, but ExcelShades did the opposite! They make sure we are aware what we are getting, from quality to cost, to even timeline. The amount of effort they put in, exceeded my expectation. While they provide the personal touch, they remained highly professional. Again NO BS, if yes means yes, no means I try for ExcelShades. I'm sure like most customers, or homeowners, all they want is NOT to be short changed, or under delivered.

All I can say is, I am lucky to have called ExcelShades and linked up with Carmela (when all I wanted was to get a second opinion, and ended up being their customer). They worked with me with sincerity and with their hearts (please note- they too are human and have limitations)

One of the most impressive thing that I would like to mention (and worth mentioned) is, I have a window that is bigger than industrial standards, both HomeDepot and BlindsToGo said they have to break the blinds into 3 different panels, but again Excel Shades made it all possible and provided us exactly what we want. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to pull that through with their supplier. With this alone, you can see how much dedication they have.

All I wish and hope for is, with this little review of mine, can make YOU think twice about working with others. Have a chat with Excel Shades, see what they can do for you. Of course like I said, if they can't then, they will not promise you.

Lastly, with regards to the cost, like I said before. They too have a business to run. In whatever ways they can do to help, they are willing to, within their means. Not sure how you work around with your suppliers or contractors, but to me personally, so long they are willing (I know from other quotes I received, and I too can feel) they can, and they will do something for you, and again, Excel Shades did.

All I can say is I am thankful and grateful, to have Excel Shades as my supplier. Thank you Excel Shades, Thank you Carmela.

G.E
G.E
1 review Pickering, ON

Shades installation

I had new shades installed in the family room and all bedrooms. The job was perfectly done in a very professional manner. Carmella was very helpful and she was always making sure that the job was done neatly and that I am completely satisfied. I appreciate what she has done. I highly recommend Excel shades to anyone who is looking for top quality products with reasonable pricing.

selawrence
selawrence

Living Room Shades

Carmela listened to our concerns. Very helpful with our decision to go with blinds or shutters. Measurements taken for estimate then for purchase & again by installers. Installers visit was helpful as we had concerns. So pleased they were able to not touch any of the woodwork around the window frames . Day of installation we received a call before they arrived. They did an excellent job of adjusting brackets so the blinds were perfectly straight. They made sure we were comfortable adjusting the blinds. Carmellia arrived as well. Very impressed with both sales & installation. A Canadian Toronto based company also.

cmandarino
cmandarino

Silhouettes and roller Shades

Very well done and installers were efficient and courteous and tidy overall the window coverings look great

More about Excel Shades

When you dress your windows in the exquisite window coverings available from Excel Shades you add a touch of style and class to any room. We have been serving clients with shutters, shades, roller blinds and drapery, in the Toronto and Durham region for over 20 years. We are experienced ...
Looking for Shutters & Blinds pros in Toronto?