Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Dan
Dan
26 reviews ,

Crown, Wainscot, General Trimwork

Working with Ewen was an absolute pleasure. True to the reviews here, Ewen is indeed a master of his craft and a very personable fellow to boot. Throughout our project, he was hard working, energetic and always with a smile on his face. The quality, skill, and pride he puts into his work shows through in the final results.

We would not hesitate to recommend Ewen to our friends and will most certainly be calling on his expertise for future projects. Great job, Ewen!

Dan and his family were warm and charming clients from the get-go. The project moved along at a timely pace, and any design changes were quickly decided upon and performed. I am very much looking forward to future projects with Dan- a real good guy. Thank you for having me in your home. - Ewen C.

Keeping them Honest
Keeping them Honest
4 reviews ,

Crown Moulding (Living / Dining Room)

Friend of the missus told us about the quality and reliability of Ewen and his work. We gave him a call, arranged an inspect and quote, and listed to his helpful ideas and constructive suggestions for the job to be done. He was on time...imagine that, these days when you have all these clowns running around claiming to be "Contrators" or other tradespeople, while really they may talk a good yarn, but are nothing more than glorified "do-it-yourselfers" that take you and your wallet for an expensive ride while wasting your precious time. Ewen, as I mentioned, values your time, says what has to be said as he clearly knows his stuff, with well over 20 years experience, does the job very well, cleans up afterwards, treats your home with respect, and communicates to you should things arise. He also has a good sense of humour and doesn't make you feel like a fool if you ask a basic question about what you want done. In short, someone I would recommend for your own project.

H. had received some shoddy work in the past, and I was determined to show to him that there are still some good, honest tradesmen left in the world. I hope I did my little part to prove this to him. Thanks H. for your hospitality during the project. - Ewen C.

Katherine in Moore Park
Katherine in Moore Park

Basement Renovation

Ewan's talent is beyond reproach and he's fun to work with too.

I challenged him with a contemporary design for a feature wall and he was genuinely excited about it. Although the pieces he built for me are spectacular, Ewan didn't stop there.

He became a valuable member of the whole reno team, working with the architect and contractors to pitch in on design & construction details. He put his time, experience and heart into this project and it shows.

His great skills as a master carpenter are only part of the package when you work with Ewan!

On time, on budget. Perfect!

Kathy Anne was a real pleasure to work with. She responded quickly to the written quote, and my part of the overall project proceeded without so much as a hiccup. Thank you for allowing me to work in your home.-Ewen C.

Fraser
Fraser

Doors and trim installation.

A fantastic job. Ewen was very fast at getting back to me in regards to the job. He kept me up to date on the start date and time of our project. Excellent workmanship, very clean and tidy.We had Ewen hang/install eight custom made wood doors, with glass s, he also installed all of the door trim. We will use Ewen again in the future.

Fraser and his family were very accomodating during the tight timeline on the project. Fraser was keenly interested in the works I performed at their home, and was a good man to work with.It would be a pleasure to work with him and his family again.

North Toronto-10365
North Toronto-10365

Custom plate rail build and installation

Ewen was a refreshing conracting experience as he was highly professional, vey knowledgable and responsive to our questions. He also went out of his way to get the job done right - he was a pleasure to work with and we would use/recommend him again in a heart beat. Thanks Ewen.

Two very nice, pleasant and knowledgable people to work with, I am looking forward to future projects with them.

Pui-Yee (Brooklin)
Pui-Yee (Brooklin)

Display Cabinets, Front Office Desk

Ewen turned our “back of the napkin” sketches into reality! He built beautiful display units and a front desk for my office and was very understanding re: my tight schedule and budget! Thank you for your courteous and professional service, and beautiful craftsmanship.

Pui-Yee is a brilliant young lady, whose new business I was honoured to be a part of creating. She knew exactly what she wanted built, and with a confident, easy-going manner, made the job pleasant to be a part of. I look forward to enhancing her enviroment in the future.

Peter from Leaside
Peter from Leaside

Carpentry

Ewen is great. We started out with some crown mouldings. Perfect work, clean work habits and always showed up at promised. Price was as quoted. Next job was wainscotting followed by the masterpiece - oak paneling of the family room. Again work was fantastic, work habits were great and price was as quoted. I would use Ewen for any carpentry work and can strongly recommend him.

A great family to work with, they made my time there enjoyable. The projects went according to plan and minor design variation's
were put forward by Peter &amp Rosanna well ahead of time, enabling
an easy incorporation to the job.Hope to work together again in the near future.

Jackie from Toronto
Jackie from Toronto

Trim work, built-in cabinets

We are so pleased that we went with Ewen. His work really speaks for itself. The quality of his work is excellent and the job gets delivered on time. I would highly recommend him. Now when people see my house there comment is that our house is so Elegant...what a great thing to say and that's thanks to Ewen for all the beautiful trim work and built-in's he created.

A young vibrant couple who were a pleasure to work for. Very willing to entertain new idea's in mid stream to fine tune the project. Very much hope to work with them again.

Debb & Ed in West Hill
Debb & Ed in West Hill

Hardwood Floors thoughout, replaced a staircase, t

We have used Ewen twice, he is very reliable. He shows up on time, he is meticulous. His job site is always neat and tidy, he always cleans up at the end of the day. Ewen is a true craftsman, he can design, shape and hand make anything. He does not waste time waiting for materials, he comes prepared and works until the job is done.
We found that he listened to us, he offered professional advice. He loves people and makes your renovation fun and includes you in every step of the process, there were no surprises.
Ewen's prices were comparable to others but he made suggestions on how to keep prices down without comprimising on quality. Ewen installed hardwood floors throughout our home, replaced and strengthened a staircase with oak, installed trim, picture frames, cove and took down a wall that other contractors were loathe to attempt. We have had numerous compliments by everyone who has seen the transformation, they are all amazed with the warmth, craftmanship and beauty of his work.
Ewen is well read, educated and very confident. We have reccomended him to our friends with out any worry at all.

Two fantastic people salt of the earth. A true joy to be able to work for, they made me feel welcome at every turn.
I would gladly work with Debb &amp Ed again. I know Tim Horton's would welcome our working together again!

More about Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Interior & Exterior Fine Finish Carpentry( cornice, dado & shaker panel mould,wainscoting, doors, baseboard, casing, etc) and Custom Cabinetry ( built-in's, entertainment units, custom kitchens, fireplace mantle's etc.).
Welcome to the Website of Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker: “EWEN MCC”
Having started my apprenticeship in July of 1980, I have been serving the GTA and Southern Ontario as a tradesman since 1985 and have been an Independent Businessman since 2001.
My goal in business has always been a simple one, to provide my clientele with professional quality fine carpentry and millwork, and with first-rate, personalized client services.
I provide my clients with a complete CONSULT-DESIGN-BUILD service.
Simply stated, I come and consult with you regarding the work you wish to have performed. Together, we then formulate a design. The canvas from which I can build can be as simple as a hand-drawn sketch outline, a picture from a design, or any other magazine, or a full set of blueprints. With many clients, they will simply tell me their vision and I will build it. Much of the work you will see in this web site is built from the client sketching a few lines on a wall and explaining how they envision the final piece. My experience allows me to obtain a sense of the client’s personal tastes and likes with regard to the type of architectural style they are seeking, be it modern, contemporary, traditional or anywhere in between.
At Ewen MCC, there are no middlemen to confuse the message. When you meet and speak with me, you are speaking with the person who shall be doing the work. No more missed small details, as there are no details too small, no more mis-measurements.
As you will see on the testimonials page, the respect of my clients home, or business, is of paramount importance to me.
I believe that my hard work and dedication has paid off, with the result being a lengthy list of very pleased clients.