Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Reviews for Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Natasha and Joe in Bloor West
Natasha and Joe in Bloor West

wainscotting carpentry

In August/September 2009, having researched carpenters on Home Stars and having seen photos of Ewen's wainscotting work, my husband and I decided, as part of a larger self-contracting renovation, to hire Ewen to do extensive wainscotting work throughout our house, and he did not disappoint. It was the added touch that gave the house the "wow" factor at a cost that was not much more than pre-fabricated panelling, which in the end would not have looked anywhere close to the "real deal" once it was done. There were a lot of contingencies to deal with in an old house and Ewen mastered them beautifully. He is a true craftsman, a gem among a sea of people who would like to call themselves tradesmen, but who truly cannot deliver the quality of work that can only come from years of training and experience. We have him returning in the new year for more work and my husband and I would never think of hiring anyone else.

Natasha, Joe and the family were gems to work with. Great people, greater senses of humor, and all around first-class, salt-of-the-earth people. I can only hope that they will be requiring my services in the future. You guys rock!

Bookshelf build

We decided to build floor to ceiling bookshelves in one room of our new house and hired Ewen based on the reviews he had received on Homestars. We are so very glad that we did. He's a top notch carpenter. He came to our house, talked through all of our options (what wood to use, what construction to go with etc), responded promptly to all email queries, quoted a price (which, importantly, was the final price we paid - nothing hidden or extra was added), and once we had commissioned the work, completed and installed the shelves in very short order (about 2 weeks). The work was immaculate and we love the shelves.

More importantly, Ewen is an all around good guy. He speaks with a passion about his work and life and one cannot help but be drawn in by his limitless energy and boundless enthusiasm. We would have no qualms at all about recommending Ewen to any prospective client.

Steve and Jackie were two very intelligent, articulate people, both of whom were an absolute pleasure to work with. They presented me with with a requested plan of attack and together, we quickly tweaked the design to fit their requirements, from both a practical and asthetic perspective. The build and installation proceeded without a hiccup and they were genuinely excited with the finished product. Two very pleased clients and one very pleased Master Carpenter = a great job all-around.
Thank you Steve and Jackie, for the opportunity to be creative and enhance your dwelling.

Lesley from Etobicoke
Lesley from Etobicoke

crown moulding, trim, doors

We were thrilled with the work Ewen did for us. He came up with some creative solutions to a difficult challenge, had the grace to deal with removing the incredibly poor work of a prior tradesman, showed up on time, listened to our needs, and gave us a beautifully finished result. We felt totally comfortable with him, and about having him in our home. We really appreciated that he accommodated the timeframe within which we hoped to conclude the work. We will recommend him to our friends and family, and would not hesitate to
have him return to do more work. Ewen is an honest, trustworthy,
talented carpenter, and gets our seal of approval.

Lesley and Ralph had been subjected to the absolutely disgusting work of a previous person they had hired. I set out on this job to prove that there are still some honest, qualified tradesmen left in the world.
I believe that the finished job has re-invigorated their belief, as they were genuinely thrilled with everything. I thank them for the opportunity to enhance their home, and for the hospitality they extended to me while working with them.

SeanH in Toronto
SeanH in Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Custom Built-ins, Rad Covers, Baseboards, Doors and Trim Installed

Ewen's work (custom shelving, rad covers, new doors, baseboards, casings, trims and hardwood flooring) literally transformed our main and upper floors into a new home! He works fast and efficiently and is extremely professional. He worked within our budget and over-delivered on our expectations. A pleasure to work with and would highly recommend others to use his services.

Sean and his wife were, from the very beginning of the project, absolutely fantastic to work with. As the project moved along and grew, they accepted ideas that fit within both the budget and design criteria they had provided to me. Our collaborative minds provided a final product that was exactly what Sean and his wife were seeking. They were happy, I was happy. Thank you for a pleasurable project.

Annex
Annex

Built ins

A rare breed in the contracting business. Keeps to his timelines and schedule of work, honours his quotes and is very helpful with design decisions.
We contacted Ewen on a Monday and by Friday are cabinets were installed. Excellent service and cabinetry from a true professional. He was easy to talk to and came up with solutions that worked for our space.
We are thrilled with the cabinets and plan on having more work done in the near future!

Great young couple to do work with, they were expedient in their decision making and design conceptualization. The timelines fit both of us perfectly, and all-around, everybody was very happy at the end of the project. I definitely look forward to working with them in the future. Thank you for the opportunity to create with you.
Ewen C.

JohnC
JohnC

General repair, detailing and new construction

Ewen has done several jobs for us and everything has been done perfectly. He has a sense of design, is completely trust worthy and works independently.

I've had a lot of less-than good carpenters and trades people work on my property and I've learned that while I may be able to find less expensive workers than Ewen, I pay more in the long run as the work often needs to be redone and fixed in short order.

Professionals like Ewen do the work quickly and do it properly so it only needs to be done once. I strongly recommend him for big or small jobs.

John and his wife were absolutely wonderful people to work with. They had a specific plan of action, and with some professional design idea's I proposed to them, at their asking, the complete picture was formulated in a matter of hours.
From then on, the projects proceeded smoothly and at the end of it, everybody was very happy. Two great people to work with, well just two great people.
Thank you for letting me enhance your home. - Ewen C.

Lisa, Hillcrest
Lisa, Hillcrest

All Baseboards, Doors and Trim Installed, Kitchen Cabinet install

Ewen installed baseboards, doors and trim, along with the Kitchen Cabinets, shelves, etc. He's fast and efficient and very professional. Always arrived on time and did what he said he would

Lisa was a very knowledegable client who made the project pleasurable. Thank you Lisa. - Ewen C.

Kristin in Bloordale
Kristin in Bloordale

rail at top of stairs

Ewen amazed me by doing the job only two days after coming out and giving us a quote. We had no railing at the top of our stairs, and Ewen talked to us about the design options. He suggested using glass panels to open up the space, and we went with that. It looks great!

Kristin knew exactly what she wanted and I was able to accomodate her in a very timely way. At the end of the day, everybody was happy. That is the way it should be. Thank you Kristin. - Ewen C.

Heather from the Annex
Heather from the Annex

Porch Rebuild

Ewen did a great job, nothing more need be said. My porch looks great and my neighbours have been complimenting me on it for several months now.

I supplied the rough outline of what the porch should look like and Cameron made it happen. He started the day he said he would, he finshed the day he would, and the quote price was the actual price. A contractor with integrity!

PS: my next door neighbour was impressed how carefully Cameron worked and kept nosie and dirt to a minimum

Heather and Fabian provided a picture of what they wanted, and then proceeded in a very timely fashion with regard to the commencement of the contract. A few design tweaks (some suggested, some requested)and a few weeks later, they were VERY happy clients. Thank you for allowing me to improve the curbside appeal of an already impressive home. - Ewen C.

Kerry in Bloor West Village
Kerry in Bloor West Village

Built-in Shelving

Ewen built exactly what I had envisioned for our two boys rooms. More importantly, he did so under a very tight schedule as I was expecting our second child within a few short weeks. He was always available to answer questions and provided a number of excellent suggestions from both a design and practicality perspective. I was doubly impressed when Ewen didn't hesitate to respond to an additional call for help after the job was completed. It is clear that Ewen takes pride in the quality of his work and that he cares about his clients' satisfaction. The final product not only solved for our additional storage needs, but also greatly enhanced the aesthetic of our home. Thanks so much Ewen!

An absoulte joy to work with, Kerry was vitally involved in the final asthetics of the project. Her personal design flair turned a good-looking project into a great one. I thoroughly enjoyed this whole project and look forward to working with Kerry in the future.Thank you for allowing me to enhance your home. - Ewen C.

More about Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker

Interior & Exterior Fine Finish Carpentry( cornice, dado & shaker panel mould,wainscoting, doors, baseboard, casing, etc) and Custom Cabinetry ( built-in's, entertainment units, custom kitchens, fireplace mantle's etc.).
Welcome to the Website of Ewen Cameron Master Carpenter & Cabinetmaker: “EWEN MCC”
Having started my apprenticeship in July of 1980, I have been serving the GTA and Southern Ontario as a tradesman since 1985 and have been an Independent Businessman since 2001.
My goal in business has always been a simple one, to provide my clientele with professional quality fine carpentry and millwork, and with first-rate, personalized client services.
I provide my clients with a complete CONSULT-DESIGN-BUILD service.
Simply stated, I come and consult with you regarding the work you wish to have performed. Together, we then formulate a design. The canvas from which I can build can be as simple as a hand-drawn sketch outline, a picture from a design, or any other magazine, or a full set of blueprints. With many clients, they will simply tell me their vision and I will build it. Much of the work you will see in this web site is built from the client sketching a few lines on a wall and explaining how they envision the final piece. My experience allows me to obtain a sense of the client’s personal tastes and likes with regard to the type of architectural style they are seeking, be it modern, contemporary, traditional or anywhere in between.
At Ewen MCC, there are no middlemen to confuse the message. When you meet and speak with me, you are speaking with the person who shall be doing the work. No more missed small details, as there are no details too small, no more mis-measurements.
As you will see on the testimonials page, the respect of my clients home, or business, is of paramount importance to me.
I believe that my hard work and dedication has paid off, with the result being a lengthy list of very pleased clients.