Eurodale Developments

Reviews for Eurodale Developments

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto

High Park/Junction -100 Year Old Home - Gut & Renovation

Our 100 year forever home was in good hands from demolition and rebuild to the finishing touches during this 10 month gut/reno project planned and executed by the Eurodale team. Professional and on time with quality workmanship by all subcontractors on the jobsite. Proactive and positive attention to details including safety, neighbourly relations, and communication. The team treated the project as though they would live in it themselves. A good news home reno story - they do exist.

Hello Jennifer,
Thanks so much for the positive 10 star review! We are always thrilled to read reviews from clients who enjoyed the process of working with our team. Designing and Building an addition and renovation project as extensively as yours is a long and expensive process, but when all is complete and we receive feedback that you are pleased with the investment of time and money and see value in working with us, it warms our hearts! You and your family were dream clients and we hope you enjoy your expanded and remodeled home for another 100 years!
Cheers,
The Eurodale Family

Euan from Toronto
Euan from Toronto

Complete renovation underpin and addition to semi detached home

We had Eurodale complete a full Excavation/addition/renovation to our home in the midtown/davisville area that started spring 2015-2016. No project comes without stress, but we can't say enough about this team. They give contractors an amazing name in an industry full of firms that scare many away from renovations and construction. In full disclosure, as happens when trying to keep parts of a 90 year old home some unforeseen things came up. Additional expenses arose. Many of which Brendan did warn us in advance of. Some just bad luck for us (additional concealed asbestos, undermined floor joists etc. Eurodale worked with us and communicated through every stage. No homeowner ever wants to hear about extras but it is a realistic part of the process in Toronto (unfortunately). Every time Brendan and Jim were put up against it with the opportunity to show both their, and their companies character they showed what this firm is all about. Stand up, honest business owners who give you an A++ product.

Brendan will tell you right off the bat... You get what you pay for. We sure did. When I think about what might have been, if I took cheaper estimates we had been presented with.. I actually shudder. We ended up experiencing an absolute neighbour from hell situation (refusing access to his property midway through the project too finish siding, which required right of entry permitted access, calling in an encroachment complaint known to be false, sending threatening legal letters to my pregnant wife... The list really goes on and on. Many man hours were spent on Eurodales part for which I never saw a bill). Any other contractor in their right mind would have walked off the job in the first month but the team at Eurodale handled everything with the utmost class.

In addition to the amazing ownership team the icing on the cake has to be our lead carpenter Blair. It wasn't until well into the framing that I came to really understand the LEAD CARPENTER SYSTEM. Basically he is on your site EVERDAY.... how many people go through a one year Reno and say someone was onsite every single day? He is not just responsible for framing and other carpentry work but management of all other trades ensuring the utmost quality. I remember Brendan telling me early on Blair would be the guy he would have build his house. I understand why!! His attention to detail and passion for what he does shows through every part of my home and even though our constant changes must have driven him mad we love the house he built for us. When I think of the money he saved us by pointing out or recommending changes before it was too late and would have been extra cost my head spins. People ask us what would you change or do different and I think it's a large part thanks to Blair there really isn't much.

This team gave my wife and I, and our newborn son our absolute dream home. Every homeowner needs to go into reno's with eyes wide open. It's stressful, prepare for and expect the unexpected, but when you have people who stand behind there product no matter what, that's what your hiring in Eurodale.

Euan,
Thanks so much for the glowing review! The project turned out fantastic and we sincerely appreciate the trust and confidence you and your family provided in us to renovate your home. We hope you enjoy the space for years to come.
Cheers,
The Eurodale Family.

David A.
David A.
7 reviews East York, ON

Home Addition

I would like to give my full recommendation to Eurodale Develpoments based on the excellent work they did in our home. The entire team were very professional, quick to respond to phone calls and emails and made sure the job was completed to our satisfaction. Eurodale showed accountability when needed, provided very helpful insight and went out of their way to ensure all of our questions were answered. I would not hesitate to recommend Eurodale to all of our family and friends.

Hello David,
Thanks for the review - the projec was fun to build and we are happy that you and your family enjoyed the process.
All the best,
The Eurodale Family

Alana from Toronto
Alana from Toronto

Complete Reno, third floor addition

Euro dale was very professional, interested in our needs as clients, and delivered a high quality of work. Their sub trades were also very good, particularly Laura Thornton. We are extremely happy with our renovation and beautiful home.

Thanks for the great review - we too are very proud of the award winning project! It is always nice to hear about a positive experience when you work with clients for over a year on a large project together.

Jodi from Etobicoke
Jodi from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Big Renovation

We loved our location but only liked our house. Eurodale has helped us to love both! Our house is great. The experience was relatively painless. We started out with a rocky start and was delayed for quite some time. Some problems that occurred at the beginning were out of Eurodale's control. But once they started the project it was completed on schedule. Not a day went by that they weren't working on our house for 6 months straight. There were some concerns along the way (like any project) but anything we weren't happy with the team came in and fixed right away and made it right. Brendan provided excellent customer service and anytime I needed Jim he got back to me within half an hour. The additional trades on the job were also good and Vik and Mike worked hard for us. We now have a beautiful house! If only moving fairies would now visit and unpack all my boxes life were be perfect =0) Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the great review Jodi! Yes, at times in this industry things can arise that are beyond our control, but we are always committed to delivering the very best for our clients. Your project turned out great and we are all very proud of it. We receive a lot of compliments on the transformation! We appreciate your time to give us the feedback on your experience!

Cameron from Somerville
Cameron from Somerville
2 reviews Somerville, NJ

Full Rear House Renovation

While Eurodale started off on an apparent honest track they subcontracted a number of interesting unqualified individuals that all had quality and code issues with the company. The guys take short cuts, watch out. As far as warranty work the eaves that they subcontracted have subsequently cost me thousands of dollars of repair and they refused to honour their work. Not what I would expect for the kind of high end investent made with this renovation. I'm only posting now after I can realize that sharing this information may be valuable to future consumers. I've requested that my reference be removed from their website on multiple occasions and they continue to keep it active. Good luck!

Cameron

Hello Cameron,
Thank you for advising us your originally supportive testimonial is still up on our website from when you provided it to us in 2006, after completing your addition and renovation project ("My Eurodale experience was first in class. After undertaking an exhaustive process of due diligence in the selection of contractors I finally found a team that was willing to work for "me" and one that I could trust with such a significant personal investment. Both Jim and Brendan worked tirelessly to ensure that my project was professional, organized and completed on time. Their attention to budgeting, detail and workmanship was excellent. I'm ecstatic to be living in my new space."
-Cameron (Rear Addition-Summer 2006).
I have placed a follow up request to our IT team to look into this asap, sorry if we did not do that upon your first request.

In 2010 when you requested that we address an eavestrough sloping issue, we responded quickly, but since it was 2 years past the contracted 2 year warranty, and it appeared to have been shifted by outside forces, we advised there would be a cost to re-slope it to ensure and regain the proper drainage it had when originally installed. Upon your email approval of this cost, after doing the work and your subsequent threatening refusal to pay, we just dropped this issue as it is never our intention to fight with a past client. We are sorry to hear you are displeased with the actions of our team, and honestly surprised at the review, especially some 7 years later. That being said, we respect your request to remove your testimonial as we should have at your request, and wish you continued enjoyment of the home.
Kind regards,
The Eurodale Team.

Lisa and Jim in East york
Lisa and Jim in East york
3 reviews East York, ON

Basement, deck, flooring and much more..

Thanks to Brendan, Jim and the Eurodale Team we now have the house that we have wanted. For 5 months we were impressed with the Euro Team's attention to detail, communication, timelines and cost. Brendan and Jim always made themselves available for our questions. Blair is the most exceptional carpenter we have met who's experience is seen in his attention to detail. We wouldn't hesitate recommending them to friends and family.

Thanks Lisa and Jim for the great review! We are so pleased to hear the stories of clients that select our team to work on their homes and appreciate the efforts of our entire team to deliver on our promises. Your project was a delight to complete, we too enjoyed working with you both very much.

emily in North york
emily in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

1st floor extension and bathroom reno

I am not happy with the work performed by Eurodale at all.
It will now cost me $20,000 to correct what Eurodale has done. In fact inspection on the home has not been passed based on some of the work not done to code and not completed since 2007/2008.
I feel, for the quality of work I received certainly does not justify the money I paid. Project went 40 % over proposed amount quoted.
There is no doubt that I feel the work performed was below sub standard!
Timelines were way off and follow up was like pulling teeth.
Blair was about the only person I can say was great to deal with.

Hello Emily,
We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the efforts of our team. We put in the best effort we could to ensure the project was completed per our agreement in a good workmanlike manner, and followed up on the items you requested we address to meet your personal standards.
Given your detailed claims in the review, I audited the project to gather some background. Below is what I collected which differs from your claims in your review.
1). We carry a full 2 year warranty on every project per our commitment to Renomark code of ethics and conduct, including that of the work at your home. January 16th, 2008 was the start of the 24 month warranty period. January 16th, 2010 it expired. There were no warranty claims filed during that period. Furthermore, failure to pay a contract in full is a breach of contract and voids a warranty provision. There are still monies outstanding to be paid by you on the contract.
2). The original contract budget was $103,318.00 plus gst. Change orders which were signed and approved by you for requests of additional work in addition to the original contract amounted to $18,099.91 plus gst. This brings the total amount of work to $121,417.91 plus gst. While this is 17.5% over the original contract amount, it was for work not initially contracted to be performed. It was all priced and approved in advance of the work being performed per the provisions for CHANGES IN WORK as defined in our contract. Your claim of 40% is more than double the facts, and was reflective of additional work which she requested and agreed to in advance through written change order which becomes an addendum to the contract and cannot be claimed to be “over budget”.
3). All inspections for work performed by Eurodale Developments Inc. were performed and passed by the City of Toronto. The contract scope excluded some project components which you as the owner did not want completed at the time (namely the handrails on the rear porch and exterior basement entry stairwell. We are contracted to have inspections for the work performed by Eurodale per the terms of the agreement. This was all performed. You would then has a duty to perform the work required to complete the project and get the appropriate occupation permit/final inspection.
4). There is no time-frame listed in the contract since there are factors in every project which are beyond the control of Eurodale Developments Inc. We use Gantt Chart scheduling on all projects as a guide for our crews and to advise owners of our intended progress through the project. Items such as additional work requests by the owner, weather, supplier delays on owner selected finishes and existing house conditions can affect the timing of a project, for which we cannot be held accountable or liable for. As mentioned below the project took 5 months. The timing was estimated at 4-6 months, thus putting us right in line with the original suggestion.
5). A final punch list was performed for any and all outstanding deficiencies. It was signed as a letter of intent that upon completion of the items on the list, all outstanding monies ($1,190.24) would be paid to Eurodale by the owner. The list (as well as many other items to make the project and site look great for the owner) was performed immaculately. The client never paid Eurodale and instead has continued to try and defame the name of our organization with false claims.

The BILD Association cleared a complaint long ago given the items listed above, as an inaccurate claim. As 2011 Renovator of the Year in Toronto, we have great pride in the work we do for each and every homeowner. It is the satisfaction of our current and past clients that drives our business and will continue to do so for our future clients.

We hope you continue to enjoy the addition our team built for you and are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy working with us.
Respectfully,
The Eurodale Team.

Karen Campbell in Uxbridge
Karen Campbell in Uxbridge
1 review Uxbridge, ON

basement finishing (complete)

We wanted a haven for our children and a retreat for family and friends, we got all we wanted and more. All of this came in under budget. Jim and Brendan were great at helping us to come up with ideas that worked for our space and made our dreams a reality.

lisaalmostohara
lisaalmostohara
5 reviews Ajax, ON

kitchen renovation

These guys know their stuff. They were professional, tidy, punctual....everything most contractors are not. I would recommend everyone get a quote if you are doing renovations...they are reasonable and the craftmanship of everything is incredible.
Truly the best in their class..

More about Eurodale Developments

Full service Design-Build Firm. Eurodale will plan, design, coordinate, manage, and produce the final product. The industry leading Lead Carpenter system coupled with the professional management systems allow for an enjoyable process for the client. The quality product and shining smiles left behind are testament to the commitment of the ...