End Of The Roll

HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Whitby  >  End Of The Roll

Reviews for End Of The Roll

Private User reviews Sudbury, ON

outdoor carpeting

We are very pleased with the Sales Rep Rick Thompson and the team at End of the Roll in Sudbury.
Their Installer was very qualified and did a great job on removing the old carpet and installing the new one.
Excellent service which we would recommend to everyone

Basement Reno

Had an estimate done, which was done on my time and very quickly! They were very kind and helpful with any questions I had. This guy Russwas great with people; obviously meant for that job as he kept me within budget and helped make better choices. I would definitely choose them again if I need any renos done.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Carpet under Dining Room table

Purchased a carpet piece for under my Dining room table in December 2016. Was bound on all 4 edges so it would not fray, but within a year the edging was worn out and separating from the carpet. (Job was done by their separate outside contractor.)
Took it back in August 2017 to rectify. They agreed that it was a bad job and sent it back to their binding Contractor for a redo. Picked it up a few weeks later and the quality of the binding and workmanship appears to be much better. There was no charge.

Very satisfied Customer

carpet in
carpet in
1 review Cayuga, ON

shaw carpet

Had Shaw carpet - escape 2 installed 4 years ago - was bought from end of the roll in Stoney Creek . The carpet is garbage . cannot even vac. it because it is so matted. When taking the carpet out to be thrown away don"t even need a knife to cut it, just pull it rips in to Went back to the store. No longer in business. that tells you a lot. My advice is to stay away from end of the roll.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

New carpet around my home

I had an perfect experience at End Of The Roll, London Ontario! They helped guide me through the different options and what the installation entailed. I ended up with some beautiful carpet and at a fair price.

dasilva4195 in Ajax
dasilva4195 in Ajax
1 review Oshawa, ON

Carpet and intallatio

Colleen made the whole project easy, from showing us carpet in our price range, to recommending styles, and arranging installation.
The installers arrived at the agreed time, and did an excellent job. When they finished, they cleaned up and vacuumed, making sure we were happy before they left.
We would use End of the Roll for any future projects and will recommend them to friends.

Carleen from Oshawa in Toronto
Carleen from Oshawa in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Laminate flooring in basement, carpeting on staircase

I cannot tell you how completely pleased I was with my experience at End of the Roll, Whitby,ON. From the initial contact with Coleen Stephens, my salesperson I was impressed. No matter how many times I changed my mind and my order, she remained pleasant , co-operative and extremely helpful. Alex delivered and installed the 44 boxes of laminate and all I can say is that " I WANT TO ADOPT HIM" ! His work is excellent and he blew me away when I saw him on his hands and knees, vacuuming the interlocking bricks on my patio where he had done the cutting........who does that?....
.......obviously someone who cares about the customer. The carpeting on the staircase was done by Mike, again another first class installer. Both men arrived when they were supposed to, worked independently on their respective projects, and left us completely satisfied . I highly recommend Coleen, Alex and Mike and Whitby End of the Roll.

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

BedroomCarpet

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM END OF THE ROLL!
My 11month old son and I both got pricked by the staples that were left sticking up out of the floor. When I called the owner didn't even apologize. I was so upset about my sons injury that I started crying but Collen the, "owner", didn't even show one bit of compassion. She actually told me that the job was done and she couldn't do anything else. I asked if she was a mother because she wasn't interested or even concerned about what had just happened to my son and her response was, "no" and giggled about it. I plan on taking this to cp24 and the newspaper. I don't want anyone to go through what I did. The image below is

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

worst experience ever

It makes me sad and frustrating to have to write such terrible review... I wish I could write good reviews. But I am writing honestly in hopes that this will help other customers make informed decisions. Please bear in mind that I am only sharing my own experience and I cannot speak for others.

There were so many bad things that happened that I don't even know where to begin. But I will try to keep it short...

I have worked with many companies but this one was by far the worst.

My husband and I got asthma after the laminate floor was installed. Diagnosed as asthma after laminate floor installed. I had to take 2 weeks off from work because I completely lost my voice and my work requires me to speak. There is also very strange odour which is very strong.... we kept windows open for the first 3-4 months all day every day and kept fan on to air out... when we went to store to complain owner said the smells should have been gone in a few days.. but must have lasted for at least 4 months and then got more bearable.. It was supposed to be european made, very safe laminate with certificate.

I was very concerned that the smell did not go away quickly enough, so at 5 months later, we had to do air quality test which cost us $1000 to test formaldehyde level and VOC level... We did the testing 6 months after installation. Formaldehyde level was below standard but who knows the first several weeks what the level of formaldehyde level was.... most must have off gassed by now.

Not all employees at End of Roll Whitby seem to be knowledgeable about products, they wouldn't return many of my phone calls even though they said they would, wouldn't send you quote by email even though you request them to do so many times. Therefore I had to go to store to do things that could have been dealt with over the phone or email because you won't hear from them otherwise.... very slow to respond to requests, their subcontracted installers were unreliable, some were rude. The whole process of installing from the start to the completion took about 6 months. I was also unhappy to learn that the full amount had to be paid before the installation work began.

Workmanship could have been better... there were some area in the house where workmanship was not good. (See photo). This poor workmanship was never corrected. Installer told us on the day of installation that baseboard installation in powder room was not included in the price... We thought they were but seemed to be misunderstanding. So they said they would install for free (we had to buy material from home depot and then caulk to cover up the nails).

I fully regret working with End of the Roll Whitby.

One thing I know for sure is that I will continue to tell anyone looking for floor company to stay away from End of The Roll Whitby for the rest of my life.