Encore Windows & Doors

Reviews for Encore Windows & Doors

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Sound Reducing Windows

We used Encore Windows for a soundproofing project in concert with the exterior refacing of our house. One of the core elements of the project was reducing street noise, which was substantial.

Anthony was helpful throughout the entire planning process, and was always willing to talk through options and provide advice. The Encore team is clearly knowledgeable about sound reduction.

We added BQuiet windows to 2 bedrooms and the main floor. The "casual" street noise from cars is completely eliminated. We do still here muted bus noises, and of course all the people who have decided their value-add to this world is to remove their mufflers on their cars and motorcycles. Overall, I'd ballpark it at an all-in reduction of 75-85% of noise - a substantial improvement. The BQuiet windows definitely make a significant difference, while blending in very well with the interior. The Exterior windows are very sharp.

Overall, we're very pleased with the windows themselves. The folks handling some other interior soundproofing work (insulation, creation of window openings etc) were very complimentary of George's expertise on installation day.

We have additional windows to replace in the house, and will hopefully be able to work with Encore again. Thanks to Anthony and the Encore team for their help.

Reducing noise is our forte and we love hearing about how our products improve the quality of life.

stephanie.lake
stephanie.lake

Purchase and installation of Home outdoor doors

Professional and high quality product service and installation. Matched colour to existing front entrance perfectly and looks fabulous.

Custom work is our forte! Thank you for the great review

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Front and back door and all front windows

Encore Windows and the working crew were very professional throughout the process. The finished product is outstanding.
- The front of our house looks completely updated
- Windows and Doors are sound proof and add great lighting into the house
- I would absolutely recommend them
Encore Windows, making homeowners happy, one door/window at a time.
Thank you.
John

Thank you very much John for your review. We are very grateful for your recommendation. We always try to do our best.

aaneilson
aaneilson

Replace a broken window

I was in the process of getting ready to list my home to sell and had a broken bay window in the front of my home that needed replacing. After several weeks of unsuccessful attempts with a few contractors a family member referred me to Dave at Encore Windows who came by the next day to give me an estimate and timing for completion.

The job was completed as promised. The workers we prompt and did an exceptional job.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for great work, amazing customer service and commitment of work being done in a timely manner.

Thank you for your review! We always strive to provide great timely service and always appreciate our customers

David F.
David F.

Garden door purchase and installation.

The entire team at Encore was terrific. The initial shopping and sales process was efficient and painless. David's product knowledge was superb. With a clear understanding or our requirements and budget we were presented with several suitable options. Once the decision was made, the installation was organized and completed in just a few days. The installation team were prompt - removed all the old parts and cleaned up thoroughly. I highly recommend Encore and will definitely use them for future needs.

Thank you for the review, you are a pleasure to deal with and we look forward to future dealings.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Windows and doors installation

I would happily recommend Encore Home Improvements to do a job in my house again. More than there ability to get the job done, is there honesty and integrity. I had a tight deadline, which they met. The workers were very neat, skilled and courteous. The materials were very good quality. I had a pleasant experience and would highly recommend them.

Ivan & Ivana
Etobicoke, Ont.

We appreciate your review. At Encore we always ensure transparency in the job so there are no surprises once the construction is underway. Thank you Ivan and Ivana.

Stan in Toronto
Stan in Toronto

Door Installation

I had 4 doors replaced. Just like all major renovations, there are always unexpected findings. Dave R stands behind his company and resolved the issues.

During the initial quotation, my expectations differed than Dave's. Dave remained respectful and adhered to my wishes. I requested to re-quote a few times and Dave didn't lose his patience.

During installation, a few hiccups came up. Dave was able to respond quickly and resolve the hiccups. He even came by after installation to verify door quality and installation.
to after support, He even came by after the installation to check the door quality and installation.

A year after installation, I noticed caulking in a few isolated spots were peeling slightly. Even though it was a small 15 min job that I can do myself, I contacted Dave to see if he would warrant his work. He promised that he will send someone if they are in my area. I told him it is not urgent. For a few months, I didn't hear from him. I thought maybe he forgot or purposely ignored. Then he surprised me and told me his crew will come to redo the caulking. I was only expecting them to redo the region with the peeling caulking. To my surprise, they redid the entire caulking for the 2 doors!!

Thank You for the great doors!!

Thank you for the positive review. You declared yourself a very picky customer so this makes this review extra special.

gilda.arnone_bucciol
gilda.arnone_bucciol

New backyard door

It was a pleasant experience dealing with Dave from Encore Home Improvements.
Michael and Richard were punctual and did exactly what they needed to do efficiently and very quickly. They left absolutely no mess behind.
They did an outstanding job.
We love our new back yard door.
I would definitely recommend calling Dave
from Encore Home Improvements.
Gilda Arnone

Thank you for this review, we always strive for complete customer satisfaction and appreciate when it's recognized

Jenny in Etobicoke
Jenny in Etobicoke

Replaced all windows in smaller home and installed bquiet on one side of house

I'm writing this review to communicate the great service and quality product we received in May 2017 from Encore bquiet windows.

As a recent widow who worked together with my husband on large house projects - replacing all eight windows while also dealing with the noise from a semi busy street on one side of the house loomed over me as an overwhelming task that I was putting off.

Then I read about the Encore bquiet window system.

From the very first meeting with Anthony to the installation performed by George, the experience was one of professionalism, solid product knowledge, excellent workmanship and quality product.
From Anthony's patience to respond to my endless technical questions to the detailed demonstrations of the bquiet system in the showroom and the competent installation, this is a company that delivers what they promise.

A word about bquiet - at first I was unsure about the effectiveness of the more expensive bquiet system with respect to the noise reduction (i.e. STC numbers) from traffic on one side of the house, but I was proven wrong.
As my daughter puts it ‘mom, you can see the cars go by now but you can't hear them!’.

To offer a little more detail to someone with a noise problem - the noise from the occasional heavy truck and frequent daytime bus are significantly reduced but not to the same degree as vehicles.

We would wholeheartedly recommend this company - the windows, installation, as well as the bquiet system for noise reduction.

This company does the job right the first time, and also made a point to follow up a few weeks after the installation to make ensure there were no concerns after living with the new windows for a few weeks.

Thank you, Anthony and George! Hope to work with you again when we install more bquiet throughout the house in the coming years.

Regards,
Jenny Paolone

It was a pleasure working with you Jenny. We appreciate your glowing review and look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you.

Al C
Al C

The right choice for windows? Maybe not

See my initial review below, sounds like many of the others you will read on this company. But as the saying goes "How one handles adversity is a true sign of their character" and what I saw when I had a new leak problem showed me their true colours. Sounded like the same response which you can get from majority of trades "blame someone else" once your paid.

I had a leak and when a new one formed from a lot of rain the last few weeks causing some drywall damage below the windows I was puzzled, angry and concerned. Immediately called Dave and he was certain it wasn't the windows and suggested an inspector. It was In a similar range to my previous leak but obviously much more water had come in this time to make me rule out my brand new, superb AWD windows because it just can't possibly be the new windows?I called A home inspector (that Encore recommended and conveniently missed their caulking mishap amuse he never climbed out to look at the base level caulking) and he found nothing but a theory on my stone wall missing a couple weaping holes which other masons stated cannot cause that much moisture to get in. So I called my roofer and he inspected his job again as he did in the past and found no punctures in the roof but did notice what you will see in my attached photos which those same holes lead directly to the water damaged main floor dry wall. Coicidence? Highly unlikely. Encore's response, "we have foam behind it" My rebuttal "That foam can absorb 100% of the water (and 50mm of rain that day)? "well no, its the foam Window Wise requires" What about the seams where the vinyl connects, why can I put a knife between it, should it not be welded" Well it should be sealed better" Next day after another inspection I hear " the foam likely expanded and caused the caulking to crack, it happens, we will re caulk it" But what about the water damage, will you cover the damages "That's not 100% definitive it was from our windows, and our warranty doesn't cover post damage, we just cover repairing the windows". Complete cop out! And their solution is the same as the other company I dealt with before, bring a caulking guy with $3 worth of caulking to seal a defective product they supplied me". Absolute bs. Drywall and labour probably would cost a couple hundred dollars to repair Encore for what is 95% definitive you guys botched when I paid you $12k! Blame it on a freak of nature, whatever it is, it was your caulk, your foam and your job. But now it is my job to fix it....service and ownership at its finest.

So if you ask me by reading this review, keep looking. Maybe you will get lucky or your job is more simple as I had large 100" wide windows but it just reiterates the painful reality that this window industry needs some severe regulatory changes to make these companies and installers more accountable for their work and quality be measurable so you don't have gaps in your vinyl or people who can just point fingers to another part of your house and say it must not be the part I worked on!
______________________________________________________
Initial Review Post purchase
In one of the worst regulated industries in the world today I am glad I was able to find this company. I had to learn the hard way by being duped by one installation company already and left with two large windows letting water into my house.

Second time around I did my homework, met with a few Window Wise certified installation companies and looked for a high quality manufacturer they use and ended up picking the slightly cheaper company over Encore choosing a slight downgrade in quality to save some $$. That company called me 4 weeks post contract to tell me they cannot make the windows after all for the quoted price and asked for more money!

Didn't take me long to 'ickup the phone and call Encore back, the company that I initially felt the most comfortable and confident from all my meetings to start.

The team fulfilled their promises and delivered from start to finish by thoroughly answering all my questions (and I had ALOT of questions) in providing EnergyStar ratings I requested, vinyl chamber design functionality etc and installation was a flawless two day job where they even went above and beyond and help me fix some minor deficiencies while they were at my house already with my front door and took some damaged screens I had for other windows back to their place to repair and brought back afterwards, that says a lot!

I can't say enough about the time and effort they took and in the end well worth the cost for the quality windows and exemplary service provided.

Review has 1 previous version

This review is very unfortunate and not completely accurate;
The drywall damage is on the ceiling of the living room, not below or close to any of the windows. A registered home inspector used a moisture meter to detect the water path and it revealed that the new windows were not the source of the water leak. No moisture was detected around the windows. Despite this we are still willing to help the homeowner find the exact source of his leak but he is refusing our help.
We believe this review should be removed as the inspector determined that the new windows are not the cause of the leak and the homeowner has no evidence to prove otherwise.

Thank you for the glowing review!!! Yes this job had an interesting journey, more importantly it ended well. Once again thank you for recognizing our efforts.

More about Encore Windows & Doors

www.encorewindows.com and www.bquiet.ca and Encore Windows and Encore Windows & Doors
In business since 1987, we specialize in the highest quality energy efficient window and door replacements. We guarantee you will know which windows and doors are best for you, and why before you buy. No high pressure salespeople. We provide exclusive designed windows and doors with all options of color, styles, finishes, shapes, glass, treatments, wood, vinyl and metal and metal clad. We are exclusive dealers for Soundproof windows. If you have a window or door problem we have the right solution for you. We Guarantee our delivery time for most products and once started we stay until the job is complete. Our entire staff is 100% trained and committed to provide you with the highest level of service and satisfaction. The highest level of care is taken to ensure your window and door project is completely stress free. The utmost care is taken while working in your home. You will be completely informed and in control during every step of your installation from the selection process right to the final moment of your project.

Encore Windows & Doors is a well established window and door company and an Energy Star company, committed to providing the most efficient products available. Our mission is to continually raise the standard of a window and door company. Encore Windows guarantees that you’ll receive the finest quality windows in Canada. We are authorized dealers for CSA Certified windows. Your windows are guaranteed to be installed properly by Window Wise Certified installers. Feel secure your investment is unconditionally protected. We give you a complete lifetime warranty on parts and labor. We promise you will know which windows are best for you and why, before you buy. No pressure – we employ certified professionals. Our aim is to be much more than a normal window and door company. Our windows and doors are built with you in mind. The same applies to the way we work.