Empire Green Lawn Sprinkler

Reviews for Empire Green Lawn Sprinkler

Jason
Jason

System OK, service improvement needed

Empire green installed my 2 zone, 4 head Hunter system. The installation process went well and I have no complaints there. The issues started with the season opening the next year. They came to turn on the system and during the visit, there were seemingly no issues. I went out to greet them and spoke with the guys a number of times throughout their service call. I was told during and after that there were no issues (I asked directly). The next day I got a bill for a part that they’d replaced. When I complained to Melanie, she informed me that the contract I’d signed allowed them to replace any parts up to $200 without permission. While I understand the principle of this idea, I did not appreciate being told that there was nothing wrong when there clearly was a part that needed to be replaced. Melanie was very rude, and defensive, and told me this was standard practice. I called several other places and nobody else automatically replaces parts without talking to their clients - nor would they tell you everything is fine when it’s not. I will not be using Empire Green for any maintenance going forward, and I urge you to look for a more honest and open company who is willing to work with their customers.

Happy Home Owner in Toronto
Happy Home Owner in Toronto
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Installation of Lawn Sprinkler System

After obtaining a number of quotes, we made the decision to have Empire Green Lawn Sprinkler Ltd. install our system. From the first point of contact through to completion of the project Sean and his full team were nothing but professional, knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with. The work was done in a very timely and professional manner - when they left after the irrigation system was installed in both the front and back yard, you would not have known anything was done - they left everything neat and tidy. Amanda, who answers the phones was so pleasant and helpful at all times and made sure she got answers to all questions I had. The entire experience was excellent - congratulations to the team!! I would highly recommend Empire Green Lawn Sprinkler Ltd. to any of my family and friends.

Mike in Mount Albert
Mike in Mount Albert
2 reviews Kettleby, ON

New Sprinkler System

Just installed a new sprinkler system in both my front and back yards, including several gardens and planter boxes. Sean was incredible to deal with. He helped us figure out only exactly what we needed, answered all of our questions, and followed up on everything to make sure it was too our satisfaction. He was easy to deal with, professional, knowledgeable and honest.

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

sprinklers, outdoor lighting

I have been dealing with this company for a few years now with my sprinkler system-they are on time,courteous, professional and really very pleasant. Just last week Sean installed new outdoor lighting-it is wonderful-the yard looks amazing at night-he was very patient with me when setting up the system onto my phone-I would strongly recommend this company!!

J
J
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Sprinkler Opening

Empire Green has great communications with their customers. They sent out information for their contract services to open and close for the year. I purchased the basic service, and was contacted by them immediately to book a date to come to open. I appreciate this level of communication from a business. When they came, the workers were on time and very helpful with my questions. I felt free to point out adjustments that I would like made, and they were prompt to fixing and adjusting to my liking. I am happy that they even took the time to adjust a sprinkler head that needed chipping away at concrete to adjust properly. My wife asked for a sprinkler hose to be buried deeper in our garden planter. The workers were careful not to disturb the existing plants and did a great job.

Sarah Maged, Thornhill, ON
Sarah Maged, Thornhill, ON

Lawn sprinkler maintenance

Ever since I moved into my house in 2005 we have been using empire green for our lawn sprinkler system. Empire Green has always been very responsive very professional on time and on budget and we would continue using them as long as we live in this house

Michael G.
Michael G.

HORRIBLE Experience with Empire Green! Glad to Be Moving On...

I inherited an Empire Green sprinkler system two years ago when I bought my home from the previous home owner. In the two seasons I have been using them I have had more problems with the sprinkler system and the service level of the company than can be listed here. From, poor winterizing resulting in broken lines, to missed appointments, to a system that repeatedly breaks down and does not function properly, to excuse after excuse as to why the system continues to perform on a sub par level, I must say I saw and heard it all with Empire Green and none of it was good!
Dealing with Melanie was as frustrating as could be. She was rude at the best of times and that was only when she decided that she would actually respond to my email(s) which was the exception not the rule. The excuses that she would come up with were ridiculous! She tried to tell me that the reason why an area of my lawn was saturated with water was because the sun was not drying it up, when in fact it was saturated because the sprinkler head in that area was broken and pooling water there when the system would run. This was also proven to be the case on a subsequent service call.
The final straw for me was when she tried to claim that the system was not installed by her company and that it was breaking down all the time because it was "old." She of course had no reply when I proved to her (thanks to the former home owner) that the system was a mere 3 years old and was in fact installed by her husband Sean himself one year before I bought the house. Sean even admitted to me it was his system during a service call to my home this past summer. In fact, I should have inherited the warranty the system had, but unfortunately that was non-transferable from the old homeowner to myself. As a result, I had to incur all the costs associated with the repeated visits Empire Green had to make to try and get the system functioning right. All to no avail of course.
I am happy to be moving on from Empire Green next season to a company that will hopefully be able get this system running properly, and intend on submitting a complaint to Hunter (manufacturer) that this company is giving their product a terrible name.
I advise anyone looking to use Empire Green for their home to find someone else as their customer service level and ability to perform ought to be totally steered clear of.

J Lee in Markham
J Lee in Markham

sprinkler

Earlier this year, we had Empire come and quote installation of a sprinkler system. Sean came and drew out a diagram and provided a quote immediately. We have had bad experiences from other sprinkler companies. But Empire is a very professional company. Emails are replied immediately, so you are not left wondering if the company even heard from you. Their communication puts us at ease knowing that they know about the problem and will come to fix it ASAP. This is the best part of their company is their quick response to emails. And we have found them very prompt in fixing any issues or concerns (ie. dropping by to re-adjust sprinklers or re-installing better head for the application area). We also appreciated that we can pay using MasterCard, which helps with budgeting. Recently we used Empire again to install a smaller zone next to the driveway. It was done in a day and we are very happy with their work. This is a great company to use!

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Professional service

Sean is great! Not only professional very knowledgeable.
Was very happy over all from him and his staff.
Thank you Sean.
Had a problem with not enough water with my recent install. I called to speak with Sean they told me that he dosnt do any more.
After 5 attempts to have someone come out he charged me for parts that still didn't fix the problem. When my parts were under warranty. I complained they send him out again, he wanted to charge me for a service call. I told him I just paid for new parts he put in to get the enough water where I planted my plants. Every other section was working but these one. He had no care, found ever excuse. I changed my timer to water every day with a smile on his face. I told him that they will be wasting and costing me more many can he not just put a taller part for the water to come out evenly? He then changed it and still kept my timer on every day that doesn't need it. Shame on them.

Looking for Sprinkler Systems pros in Newmarket?