Elte

AliceW in Toronto
AliceW in Toronto
1 review ,

Living Room Renovation

I really can't say enough. This has to be one of the best stores in the world. It's like a beautiful boutique home furnishings store but in the SIZE OF A CITY BLOCK! The staff were so honest and knowledgeable. The girl I was working with really tried to find what best suited my needs. I'm so happy I went!

Annie1 in Toronto
Annie1 in Toronto

Sofa

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this store is. I've been to home stores all around North America and ELTE is simply the best there is. It's a large store but it has that "boutique" feel.

iheartdesign
iheartdesign

Carpet

Bought our carpet from Elte, and the service was absolutely horrific. Salesperson(s) were snobby, rude, and condesending but we plowed on with the ordering process. Our installation was scheduled, and come time for our install, they brought the wrong carpet. Had to wait months for the correct. It wasn't worth the trouble. We have since purchased from Dominion Rug, and there were no issues at all.

Moore Park in Toronto
Moore Park in Toronto

Carpet Installation

The installation was ok, but the sales guy screwed up everything. He overcharged us and didn't apply the discount as discussed. I was never given a detailed quote and their invoicing was so random it was impossible to see what I was charged for. Their installation and sales departments lack communication, so make sure you are on site for the instal.

Mel in Toronto
Mel in Toronto

Dining Table

We recently bought a dining room table from Elte and absolutely love it. It is truely a one of a kind piece, and after searching high and low across Toronto, we were delighted to find such a stunning table at Elte. We've gotten rave reviews from friends and family that have visited our house. Although Elte is pricey and not really willing to bargain on price, it's definitely worth the investment for timeless classics that are sure to make a statement in your home for many years to come. In addition, the service is great and they even treat you to lunch while they finalize the details of your purchase! So furniture lovers, happy shopping at Elte!

mverbruggen ancaster
mverbruggen ancaster
1 review Ancaster, ON

furniture

Customer service was great, friendly, made us feel welcome. Would recommend this store to any one. Delivery went flawless and we are enjoying our investment in the armoire and bedroom furniture very much !

johnner
johnner
15 reviews ,

400 square feet wall to wall carpet install

I have to say I was very excited to find a nice carpet at Elte, we got it all picked out and then the estimate came back (this took too long) then our sales rep was away and the others really could not figure out what to do to help us.... the estimate however was a shocker, 400 square feet became 800 square feet, the price doubled!! not impressed at all with this company.

North Toronto Customer
North Toronto Customer

Furniture and Carpeting

We have ordered carpeting and furniture on 3 occasions from Elte on the recommendation of our designer. We have experienced significant delays in delivery on all our orders and on two occasions when it came time for delivery the store attempted to charge us significantly more than the remaining invoice price. We are currently waiting for an end table that we ordered in May, 2007 and which was fully paid for in September, 2007. Repeated calls to customer service, accounting and the sales represenative have been time consuming and unproductive. While the quality and prices (subject to Elte's mark up) are good, we will make our future carpet and furniture purchases elsewhere. The Art Shoppe, De Boer's and Nestings in our experience provide superior service and honour their invoiced prices.

Elizabeth Rand Watkinson
Elizabeth Rand Watkinson

Furniture and decor

Elte is one of my favourite places to go for special pieces, whether for my own home or for a client. I've consistently found just the right thing there, from one of a kind pieces of furniture to exotic, imported area rugs, magnificent chandeliers and luxurious linens. The staff are knowledgeable, well-trained, and helpful the merchandise is always right on target style wise and the selection is huge. Even just one piece from Elte, if it's the right signature piece, can make the difference between a space being merely nice and the space being breathtaking.

More about Elte

Elte is a family owned business that was founded by Léon Tenenbaum in 1919. His vision, to offer beautiful and unique home furnishings from around the world, has remained part of Elte's fabric for four generations. Now led by Ken Metrick, the grandson of Elte's founder, Elte's 150, 000 square ...
Looking for Furniture pros in York?