Elte

Reviews for Elte

Slasher in York
Slasher in York

Chandlier Disaster

My wife and designer paid for and then went to pick up at the Elte a $1,800 chandlier, when they insisted that the box be opened they were given attitude, the ask was to ensure all parts were present, when the box was finally opened and loose bolts screws and damaged parts fell to the ground. The two men in the warehouse proceeded to cart the unit away and around a corner of the warehouse some 25ft away, then then proceeded to spray paint the metal on the unit to try and cover the damage. When the ladies confronted the men they pretended not to speak English. The warehouse administration then tried to convince both that they did not see the men spray painting the chandelier. These men learned this behaviour somewhere and it is obviously condoned. Shocking. Unacceptable. Unethical.

We apologize for the level of service you received. At Elte, we aim to provide world class service. Please email us at info@elte.com and we will look into this matter right away.

Kathryn in Toronto
Kathryn in Toronto

Disappointing Service

I was very disappointed by my experience working with the rugs and broadloom department at Elte. I worked with a woman named Jeanne who left the company before the carpets were laid. I ordered the same material for two seating areas and for my staircase. However, the carpets were not cut properly. The carpet on the staircase runs horizontally instead of vertically (leaving gaps at the tread nosing) and the rugs in the seating areas runs vertically instead of horizontally (opposite of the floor pattern). Evidently, there was a mix-up between how the carpets were cut. The proper dimensions and lines of the carpet were discussed at length with Jeanne before her quick departure.

We explained that we were upset with the installation of the carpets and a man named Paul assured us that this would be properly reviewed and corrected. A week after, we received a voicemail from Paul telling us they will not be doing anything and it was not their problem. I reached out to upper management; however, they also did nothing.

Elte is a beautiful store with quality furnishings, but their failure to address this expensive mistake is very disappointing. Their quality of service and level of organization is an area they need to work on in the future.

Al. B. in Toronto
Al. B. in Toronto

happy with my purchases

Working with Betty at Elte was a great experience and all the pieces I found fit really nicely into my new renovation. The biggest thing I notice now when looking around my house, is how these key new pieces seem to elevate the rest of my existing furniture and artwork. I am a happy customer.

Roma C. from Orillia
Roma C. from Orillia
1 review Orillia, ON

no pressure

Assisted Review

I found Betty to be both knowledgeable and very pleasant to deal with. She wasn't a pushy sales person and she didn't follow me around like a shadow, which I hate. Her manner was one that would encourage me to come back to the store, because her helpfulness made the whole process of selecting an ideal piece of furniture - in my case a very large sectional sofa - very easy.

Jeannieelim from York
Jeannieelim from York

Furniture and mattresses

I bought a Vispring mattress recently. My budget was $10k. My sales rep said that they had a floor model one that was approx 30% off but all in was priced at $18k. I was told the mattresses was essentially brand new. So I proceeded to purchase the set. Once it was delivered, the installers said that parts were missing and the bed could not be installed. I called my sales rep and he said that because I purchased a floor model that it could not be guaranteed that all parts are included. I was furious at this because I should have been told that parts were missing before I purchased the bed not after the bed is delivered. The store set up another appointment for installers to come, however, they never showed up. Third time they came they finished the installation but brought plastic casters for my bed, not the metal manufacturer caps I was promised. Now I cannot reach the manager or sales rep I dealt with. I am not impressed with the service especially spending over $21k at the store.

Firstly, please let me apologize for the experience that you had with us. My name is Amanda Teixeira and I am an employee here at Elte. I would like the opportunity to look into this further and see what I may be able to do to fix this for you. I will begin to investigate your order, but to expedite the process, if possible could you send me your contact information to info@elte.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what we can do to fix this for you.

Frances L. from Toronto
Frances L. from Toronto

Sofa

Assisted Review

The chair was received faulty, but they sent someone out today and took the part to repair and return it tomorrow. As soon as I called they assured me someone would be out to take care of it, and they did. The customer service was great.

Jill L. from Toronto
Jill L. from Toronto

Fantastic

Assisted Review

Anelisa was fantastic! She went out of her way to help us. She came to our house with some rugs, and later she went back to the store to get a different rug. In the end we went with something she picked out. It was great.

Benjamin B. from Toronto
Benjamin B. from Toronto

Helped me find a rug

Assisted Review

I found it was just a really great experience. The sales rep showed me a lot of different rugs, listened to what I was looking for. Very professional and helpful in helping me find what would fit my taste and the room it was going in.

Laird in Rosedale
Laird in Rosedale

Quick Trip

Assisted Review

It was a very tricky colour we were looking for and we found it. They wrapped it up and put it in the car. We were out of there in 30 mins. The salesman was so nice.

Anika N. from Toronto
Anika N. from Toronto

Amazing

Assisted Review

Lisa was an amazing salesperson, providing us with timely updates around the arrival of our furniture. She was also great at helping us pick the best pieces in our price range. we are extremely pleased with all purchases.

More about Elte

Elte is a family owned business that was founded by Léon Tenenbaum in 1919. His vision, to offer beautiful and unique home furnishings from around the world, has remained part of Elte's fabric for four generations. Now led by Ken Metrick, the grandson of Elte's founder, Elte's 150, 000 square ...
Looking for Furniture pros in York?