El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Moving & Storage
267 College Street Toronto ON M5T 1R6
Moving & Storage
El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Reviews for El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Sue from Thornhill
Sue from Thornhill

Moving

I called El Cheapo, spoke to Toby, he was very helpful, and arranged my daughter's move to her 1st apartment. The office called the day before to confirm details, the guys called to advise they were 10 min away, showed up on time. They completed the move within 2 hours, were very friendly & went above & beyond. Scotty & Joel worked well together. We gave them a tip in advance & I would use them again with no reservations. Very positive experience!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to submit a review. We value your business and appreciate that you have entrusted us with your possessions. We appreciate the kind words about our staff...any company's most valuable resource.

K - Toronto
K - Toronto

Used them twice - Highly recommend!

I've used El Cheapo for two separate moves now (a full 3 bedroom house each) and was impressed both times. They are punctual, respectful of your property and super reliable. In each move, the lead (foreman) and movers arrived on time, were friendly and were very quick without being negligent. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a mover.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to submit a review. We value your business and appreciate that you have entrusted us with your possessions. We love hearing that our core values regarding reliability, friendliness and so much more were evident during the move. Best to you and your family.

SB, GTA
SB, GTA

Don't be fooled by the name!! Great service! Worth every penny!

I used El Cheapo for my final move in June of 2010 from Lawrence & Dupont to Warden & St. Clair, after being burnt by another not so Miracle-lous company a year and a half before with a move from Winston Churchill & Eglinton to Lawrence & Dupont.

ElCheapo was recommended by a co worker who had nothing but amazing things to say about them. Price-wise they were competitive; personel-wise they were amazing! The 2-man crew worked really hard. Very cheerful and respectful of client and property alike. I would recommend them any day, and would use them again in a heart beat! Don't let the name fool you - they may be priced right, but they are far from a cheap low quality outfit, their customer service is top notch.

They kept within budget and time, enough to move onto their next job as scheduled. Needless to say they got a big tip from me!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to submit a review. We value your business and appreciate that you have entrusted us with your possessions. We love referrals! So glad we lived up yo expectations. Thank you for showing your appreciation to the staff. Best to you.

kbar12 in Toronto
kbar12 in Toronto

Extremely impressed

I signed up just to leave this review. I moved from downtown Toronto to Richmond Hill yesterday with these guys. I could not have been more impressed! They arrived 10 minutes before scheduled and the entire thing took under 3 hours for a 3 bedroom apartment. They were considerate, clean and very motivated (considering they're paid by the hour). I never leave reviews, but had to for El Cheapo. Will definitely recommend!

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Moving Company

Best moving experience I've ever had. Was only traveling a small distance in downtown Toronto to my new condo but process went even faster than expected. Three movers showed up on time and were extremely fast, professional, and easy to work with. I'll definitely be using El Cheapo for my next move and I'd recommend them to anyone.

V.G. from Toronto
V.G. from Toronto

Long time customer. General house move.

I've used El Cheapo for the many moves I've had over the years and have always loved them. This last move was my most difficult, and I didn't hesitate to call this long-time trusted moving company. The guys worked fast and got the truck packed up as tight as they could to accommodate all our belongings. We noticed things in the weeks afterwards as we were setting up our house that we weren't happy with, and really appreciated how responsive and kind Ted was in immediately following up and helping us remedy the things we had noticed. Things don't always go perfectly and things can happen, but what matters most is how things are handled when that happens, and El Cheapo were fantastic. It definitely reminded me why I love this company so much and the future, I wouldn't hesitate to call them again.

Review has 1 previous version
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Bjorn from Toronto
Bjorn from Toronto

Move to downtown TO apartment

Needed to move from a shared house to a one bedroom apartment downtown Toronto (approx 11km move).
Contacted a few movers for quotes and two were able to accommodate the short notice (3 days). The first quoted a 4 hour minimum while El Cheapo only had a 1hr minimum and billed by the quarter hour after that. If the move took 4 hrs the price was basically the same but I gambled it would go faster so I went with El Cheapo.
They called the day before to confirm, and the movers called 20 min before arrival to say they were almost at my place. 2 guys, on time, friendly, efficient, and professional. They completed the move in 2hrs45min, nothing damaged, no extra charges, billed as quoted.
Great job guys, would definitely use again.

Robin, Toronto
Robin, Toronto

Most recent move

This was my fourth move using El Cheapo in the past five or six years. That probably tells you everything you need to know about them. They've always been friendly, fast, respectful of my stuff -- professional in every way, and affordable on top. Other reviews seem to suggest you need some luck with the crew you end up with. In my case I've had different crews for every single move and they've always been great.

LindsayS from Toronto
LindsayS from Toronto

Fridge Move

Movers damaged floors and walls while moving a fridge. Told Ted would call me to make arrangements to have my property fixed, installed had to call with blocked number to get an answer. I was then yelled at and hung up on when I asked for the owner's name. If the owner reads these reviews would love for you to be in touch!

Kevin Bellefontaine in Toronto
Kevin Bellefontaine in Toronto
5 reviews East York, ON

Movers

Awesome mover!!! Third time using El Cheapo and they continue to exceed my expectations. Amazingly well run company and some of the nicest, politest, most accommodating movers I have ever met. From a easy, clear, concise, detailed booking experience, to confirmation and follow up, to some of the best movers in the business showing up. Ahmed and Allen handled a very detailed move with one pick up and then 3 subsequent drop off destinations without any issue or complaint. From picking up in Leaside, 2 stops in the Beach, with additional picking up there to the final destination in Oakville they were exemplary. Everyone along the way said they they were some of the best and wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend. Great job El Cheapo, Ahmend and Allen!

More about El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Over 25 years experience moving in Toronto & GTA. Our one hour minimum charge & quarter hour billing increments ensure you only pay for the time you use. For a condo, townhouse, or full house, we have the experience & reputation to accommodate you. Winner of the Consumer's Choice Award, ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?